Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
razz
28 Jun 18 06:48
| Topic/replies: 6,923 | Blogger: razz's blog
not seen a thread anywhere else, but betfair has had a lot of markets this year for crypto. each month they have a end of month price market for bitcoin, ethereum and ripple.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/financial-bets/market/1.144399672

as well as a end of year price and mid year price amongst others:

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/financial-bets/market/1.138594374

anyone on here trade at all? I'm pretty bearish for the rest of the year, I see btc going down lower than $5k pretty easily. but there could be some big pumps along the way.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Cryptocurrency Markets, Bitcoin and...
Show More
Report razz June 28, 2018 11:06 PM BST
btc dumping to $5.9k atm, lets see if it can hold this level
Report razz June 29, 2018 6:23 AM BST
down to $5.8k just now. still a long way down for the plebs who fomo'd in at the peak.
Report mach June 29, 2018 2:57 PM BST
forget all that stuff, invest in property, how would you like to buy the tower of London? ExcitedCool
Report VardonVoo. July 8, 2018 2:48 PM BST
If the price falls surely mining becomes loss-making for many people, which means fewer miners and slower verifications of trades, making the currency less useful and less valuable - rinse and repeat ad nauseam. Or am I being too simplistic?
Report razz July 19, 2018 2:19 AM BST
if some miners stop mining because they are losing money then the network will automatically lower the difficulty of the algorithm used to mine bitcoin so that it maintains a consistent output. then it in turn creates a slightly bigger reward for the remaining miners due to there being less miners.
Also some people are going to be still mining despite losing money. many miners anticipate the price of btc to rise significantly over time anyway to short term losses mining will potentially be massively outweighed in the future as btc becomes more and more sparse and more and more people try to get a fraction of one.
Report razz July 19, 2018 2:22 AM BST

Jul 8, 2018 -- 8:48AM, VardonVoo. wrote:

If the price falls surely mining becomes loss-making for many people, which means fewer miners and slower verifications of trades, making the currency less useful and less valuable - rinse and repeat ad nauseam. Or am I being too simplistic?

real estate is a bubble :P

Report razz July 19, 2018 2:27 AM BST
sentiment has changed a lot in the last week. rumors of a bitcoin etf has bolstered bulls hopes of the bottom being in. looks good if there is more continuation on this rally. im gonna try and go long a little lower than here. think it could go a bit higher in the next couple days.
Report razz August 3, 2018 12:43 AM BST
seems like the rally to $8k is running out of steam. could go down again if it doesn't bounce from $7500
Report razz August 3, 2018 12:45 AM BST
wow get this:

this week 1 guy on the OKex exchange got his position liquidated. it was $420 million. the liquidation hasn't been settled as the price has gone down further and now OKex will take 50% of profitable traders weekly profits to settle it. that could spell the end for them. that's half the value of their company. they have an insurance fund of 10btc for situations like this lol but the deficit is 950 btc
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now