Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Libertine93
26 Apr 18 23:36
| Topic/replies: 8 | Blogger: Libertine93's blog
Now to prefix this I may look an idiot and lose a load of money here but I see value.

The royal baby name market is brilliant. There is nothing out there to base any bets on, nobody knows the name - it may not even have been chosen - there is no form besides it will be a traditional name which they all are and there is minimal logic to it. In theory most names should be no shorter than say 20/1. Yet we have seen certain names go massively short then drift again based on misinformation and probably panic.

First we had Alexander. Alexander went very short because William joked about “it’s funny you should say that” when someone suggested it. Turns out the reason it was funny was because it was the guy who was suggesting it’s name, Alexander went ridiculously short as a result - despite the fact it’s georges middle name.

Today Albert has gone odds on because of a bullshit non news article in the mail online which suggested there had been a page name reserved for Prince Albert on the royals website. Basically if you put in royals.uk/prince-Albert it comes up with a message saying the page is restricted as opposed to not existing if you try a random name. As a result people have backed Albert to odds on. In reality if you put in royals.uk/prince-Albert-1 it comes up with a page for Victoria’s husband, this is a pattern that follows for other princes such as George, so it seems that this “clue” is also a load of bollocks, yet the odds are still short.

The point is nobody has insider info on this market, so anyone being below 10s is a great value lay as it could literally be any name in the world. Obviously it could also be that name just by chance but it is undeniable value.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Free money in the royal baby market
Show More
Report timbuctooth April 27, 2018 10:01 AM BST
Hi and welcome! You`re not an `idiot` at all, you`re spot on; just lay anything that moves, can`t go wrong. I`ve now laid a total of 13 of them, to  171%, when the winner might not even be listed yet, but that`s the joy of Specials!
Report Wildcat Army. April 27, 2018 11:08 AM BST
Was Louis one of those you laid ?
Report timbuctooth April 27, 2018 1:02 PM BST
No! I left lays up on every one of them; six females were taken, but the only males that were taken were the more traditional names. Did you play? How`d it go?
Report Libertine93 April 27, 2018 3:39 PM BST
Well I managed a nice £150 but unfortunately Louis was one I laid (thought it couldn’t be Louis as it’s one of George’s middle names but there you go). Was winning well over £1000 on “the rest” as it were. Can’t complain though as had a big red on Albert that I hadn’t yet backed back on.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now