Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
VardonVoo.
02 Feb 18 12:58
| Topic/replies: 3,520 | Blogger: VardonVoo.'s blog
No need to post your books if you'd rather keep them secret or if you think it a bit vulgar, but if anyone is willing to post their total amounts traded, whether you bet a few big lumps and walk away or if you micro-trade zillions of times for small amounts, we can use the figures for an interesting stat that may or may not come as a surprise to some of you.

The figures in question are found when you click on "Average Odds" and look at the bottom of the blue and the pink boxes.

My figures are:-

Total Backed = £5,813
Total of Lays = £3,142

Total Traded = £8,955
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View CBB Final Day trading totals
Show More
Report VardonVoo. February 2, 2018 1:01 PM GMT
You may prefer simply to offer the total, so as not to give away the size of your net exposure on this market.
Report ahorsewithnoname February 2, 2018 4:35 PM GMT
Here you go VV:

Total Backs £1,775
Total Lays £3,361

I'm always more of a layer than a backer. My figures would have been higher in the past but I've reduced betting on these events nowadays, no really big bets, all individual bets would be fivers to say up to £50 and I don't really micro trade, that takes up too much time and goes horribly wrong too many times!
Report VardonVoo. February 2, 2018 5:04 PM GMT
Thanks horse - it feels good to be out of the rain.

I know what you mean about the micro-trading - I got bot-snared earlier. Load of large waiting bets at several levels, no trade for ages, yet as soon as I put my modest-sized bet in front I got over-matched so the market swapped sides and all the waiters disappeared.
Report Henry VIII February 2, 2018 5:05 PM GMT
I've just been messing about ultimately. 1 day "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".
Report Tim_B February 2, 2018 5:21 PM GMT
Total Backs = £14,888.73
Total Lays = £18,888.06

Total Traded = £33,776.79

But I ain't done yet.
Report billy bones February 2, 2018 5:47 PM GMT
Thought I'd been quite active in this market, but my stats are:-

Total backs     £209.53

Total lays      £334.03

Total Traded    £543.56

You guys must have been busy.
Report VardonVoo. February 2, 2018 7:35 PM GMT
Thanks to all so far - a few more would make the result more interesting - timbuctooth, army, mach, BB3, etc.
Report timbuctooth February 2, 2018 7:46 PM GMT
I`m more old-fashioned than Ann, so never post about actual amounts, but my book is;

Courtney -7
Ann +12
Shane +42
Jess +74
Wayne -5

Turnover? Neither biggest nor smallest, somewhere in the middle.
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed February 2, 2018 8:02 PM GMT
I really didn't like the series with India shoving gender reassignment down everyones throat, Ann rolling her eyes at anything that could have been fun and even Courtney explaining how she tucks. I would have turned off when The Masters (snooker) started but even that didn't engage my attention (Selby beaten in the first match Cry). As a result I didn't play as usual. Got a little on Courtney around week 3 and layed a little after the last eviction. Staked a relatively small amount, just for the craic.

Courtney +3
AO -1
Report VardonVoo. February 2, 2018 8:37 PM GMT
I'll approximate you as £15k total traded then Tim, if that's OK?

BB3 - agreed. It was off-putting. First few days were pretty dire, in fact. Let's hope they never do that again.
Report LuckyAz February 2, 2018 8:52 PM GMT
Total Backed = £7,949
Total of Lays = £11,268

Total Traded = £19,217

I would trade more but liquidity is an issue, personally I prefer to lay rather than back with BB because a housemate might walk or do/say something stupid & get kicked out of the house by the producers.

Hope this helps VV.
Report armagnac February 2, 2018 9:00 PM GMT
very quiet for me, only traded 3 housemates

£4,545.93

£4,292.10
Report armagnac February 2, 2018 9:01 PM GMT
normally 10 and 5 trains
Report Henry VIII February 2, 2018 9:03 PM GMT
total backed £2,557.83
total laid £2,557.79

in last 24 hrs just while i was catching up on threads and polls etc, creating a derisory green, late to party therefore decided not to take a position...yet - who knows what's ahead.
Report VardonVoo. February 2, 2018 9:20 PM GMT
"very quiet for me" - ahem!
Report VardonVoo. February 2, 2018 10:14 PM GMT
OK the total so far is about £97k. The turnover on the whole market is £665k, so between less than 10 of us we've accounted for about 15% of the entire market. I reckon there's about 30 regular posters and an unknown number of lurkers so it could easily be that at least half of the volume of this market is just us forumites,much of it probably just trading amongst ourselves. The other half of the market, the people that are the counterparties to many of our trades but who don't interact with us in any other measurable way, I shall call them "dark money".
Report timbuctooth February 2, 2018 10:21 PM GMT
I`m told that in the very early days of bf, you were aware of whose money was whose, who your counterparty was; that would be fun!
Report Henry VIII February 2, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
Interesting info Vardon. Great idea for this thread, we should run one after every event. Hopefully more of the forumites will post, but without any nagging oc, I was reluctant at first.
Report VardonVoo. February 2, 2018 10:45 PM GMT

Feb 2, 2018 -- 10:21PM, timbuctooth wrote:

I`m told that in the very early days of bf, you were aware of whose money was whose, who your counterparty was; that would be fun!

That was Flutter.com - it wasn't organised like an exchange and liquidity was terrible. It was almost like placing a bet like some of you guys do with each other on here, except you had a box to type the odds in. I can't remember how you made counter-offers but it was a great idea but really poor in reality. Betfair took it over and centralised everything like a financial clearing house.

@Henry - what is "nagging oc"? Or was that just a typo for "nagging on?"

Report LuckyAz February 2, 2018 11:00 PM GMT
Good idea VV, lots of lurker money around it seems & to give you peace of mind that you're not going mad or there's a problem with your trading software the £9.7K you saw flash up yesterday was my fat finger, nothing gets past you. Wink
Report VardonVoo. February 2, 2018 11:14 PM GMT
@ Lucky - Cheers for owning up to that - I thought it was some kind of iceberg bot gone wrong or a scare-bot of some sort.

@ Everyone else - More figures please, peeps.
Report Henry VIII February 2, 2018 11:24 PM GMT
oc = of course, but a failed google makes me think it's only so on this forum.
Report VardonVoo. February 2, 2018 11:25 PM GMT
ack!
Report Ghetto Joe February 3, 2018 1:09 AM GMT
Special Bets > Celebrity Big Brother 2018 : CBB: Winner    Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Selections
Selection    Odds    Stake(£)    Bid type    Placed    Profit/loss(£)
Daniel O'Reilly    *    25.00    20.00    Back         -20.00
Daniel O'Reilly    5.50    100.00    Lay    05-Jan-18 23:18    100.00
*Average odds: On  Off    Back subtotal:    -20.00
Lay subtotal:    100.00
Market subtotal:    80.00
Commission @ 2.7%:    2.16
Net Market Total:    77.84

One of the most boring BB's I've played. Had one bet on opening night and closed out soon after. Looking back I reckon it may well have been a decent market to trade but just didn't have have the time or inclination to play. Used to love the specials markets but profit wise there's so many easier ways to make the money than the special markets
Report VardonVoo. February 3, 2018 1:18 AM GMT
"profit wise there's so many easier ways to make the money than the special markets"

What markets do you normally prefer?
Report armagnac February 3, 2018 9:30 AM GMT
2.7 comm our joe is a big player WinkCool
Report Ghetto Joe February 6, 2018 1:48 PM GMT
Not really, armagnac, it's not hard to churn yourself to a low comm rate, if needs must.
Report Ghetto Joe February 6, 2018 1:54 PM GMT
I just trade the racing and football markets,VardonVoo, I don't generally keep long term positions so liquidity is the main factor for me.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now