Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tim_B
30 Jan 18 20:40
| Topic/replies: 587 | Blogger: Tim_B's blog
Whoever finishes third in tonight's eviction vote, out of Shane L and Amanda, will also finish third in the final on Friday night? Discuss.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ~Tuesday CBB - The Battle For Third...
Show More
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 9:40 PM GMT
letting public know its battle royale
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 9:40 PM GMT
Poor Malika Cry
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 9:40 PM GMT
unlucky bear Love
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 9:41 PM GMT
lol
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 9:41 PM GMT
Tellymix correct again Laugh
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 9:42 PM GMT
How close is your illness to terminal hems.?
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 9:42 PM GMT
Her goose was cooked when she she tried to walk. I had a massive comedy green on her too, but what's the point of laying off at 100s-to-1?
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 9:43 PM GMT
I’m 4/9 to make it to Friday Cool
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 9:43 PM GMT

Jan 30, 2018 -- 3:41PM, hemsby wrote:

Tellymix correct again

Hems - did you see this afternoon's discussion about polls?

Report bearcub January 30, 2018 9:43 PM GMT
I'll get frog to do a collection, just in case
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 9:44 PM GMT
I did VV ....hence the post Cry
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 9:44 PM GMT
I did warn you not to take too much notice of the TM poll.
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 9:45 PM GMT
Some very shady charlatans around unfortunately Sad
Report Tim_B January 30, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
I'm surprised they announced the Top 2 so close to the final VTW opening. Obviously they want to keep the Courtney vs Ann narrative to go up until the end, and at the same time dissuade people from voting for Shane L/Amanda? As we know they can't win now...
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
officially a two horse race now, i see shane L going for a massive driffy when market re-opens
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
Jack Bauer was posting from his private Villa in the Bahamas, bought with his dodgy winnings from hacking the Tellymix poll over many years Grin
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 9:47 PM GMT
I thought it was funny that Ash still showed up last on TM even after a sustained hacking demo. I think she overtook Wayne for maybe a nano-second.
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 9:49 PM GMT
Maybe someone hacking Wayne had to suddenly up their game.
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed January 30, 2018 9:49 PM GMT
Tim_B • January 30, 2018 9:46 PM GMT
I'm surprised they announced the Top 2 so close to the final VTW opening. Obviously they want to keep the Courtney vs Ann narrative to go up until the end, and at the same time dissuade people from voting for Shane L/Amanda? As we know they can't win now...

I'm surprised too. It's not good for Shane J. Shane L/Amanda voters would get behind Ann now. Cry
Report timbuctooth January 30, 2018 9:51 PM GMT
TPTB showing their hand with Ashley being shown telling Ann; `you ARE the YOTW`.
No `it`s close` from Emma; who`s romping it?
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 9:52 PM GMT
ann is getting every bit of help possible here, the narrative is as clear as crystal
Report Henry VIII January 30, 2018 9:57 PM GMT

Jan 30, 2018 -- 3:52PM, armagnac wrote:

ann is getting every bit of help possible here, the narrative is as clear as crystal

a woman winning the woman's series or a gay. prods will be wetting themselves with either. glad i'm new to this and didn't have to watch the it girl and the valley girl emma is interviewing. although they are rather pretty.

Report armagnac January 30, 2018 9:58 PM GMT
H has arrived to the party Love
Report timbuctooth January 30, 2018 9:58 PM GMT
Unusually high levels of likeability in the younger females, all three of them seem remarkably normal, even decent.
Report Henry VIII January 30, 2018 9:59 PM GMT

Jan 30, 2018 -- 3:58PM, armagnac wrote:

H has arrived to the party

late alas. but i'm back in the game. look forward to getting into esc.

Report Tim_B January 30, 2018 9:59 PM GMT
Apart from phoney, baby-voiced Jess. But even she is better than the normal younger females, for sure.
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed January 30, 2018 10:00 PM GMT
Hi H. These two were probably the best two housemates in a normal C5 series. One got into a showmance and the other just didn't fit any storyline.
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:00 PM GMT
no way the GBP are gonna let a crim win the series
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:00 PM GMT
H Cool
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
Lets talk about Ann
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 10:01 PM GMT
Both of these have been poor HM’s IMO....just wallpaper in this series.
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:02 PM GMT
malika's face, she is fumin ash loves ann
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 10:02 PM GMT
£20 at 4/9 please
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 10:02 PM GMT
I meant the other way round Cry
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 10:03 PM GMT
1/4 now Cool
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:05 PM GMT
if they wanted to feck ann over, they could of done it so easily #preferredwinner
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 10:06 PM GMT
I think she has a shot at Top Female now
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:06 PM GMT
lol
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:08 PM GMT
gtfi
Report timbuctooth January 30, 2018 10:08 PM GMT
Welcome back, Henry; i wasn`t taking issue with your post, I hadn`t seen it before I posted.
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:08 PM GMT
double bubble, ann loses best friend but gets her votes
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 10:09 PM GMT
Got what they wanted
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:10 PM GMT
shane L now becomes ann's bezzie
Report Henry VIII January 30, 2018 10:10 PM GMT

Jan 30, 2018 -- 4:08PM, timbuctooth wrote:

Welcome back, Henry; i wasn`t taking issue with your post, I hadn`t seen it before I posted.

yeah, i was told it was a generally nice series. i think it's the last bb unfortunately.

Report Henry VIII January 30, 2018 10:11 PM GMT
thinking of tim b's question in the op about whether 3rd, ie shane l, will remain 3rd, anyone got a thought of if there are still casuals who will turn up on finals day? or are viewing figures so low that it's only fans watching?
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:12 PM GMT
its all coming up ann Cool
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed January 30, 2018 10:13 PM GMT
I don't think there are any casuals turning up. It's been Courtney v Ann and thats how it will end.
Report Henry VIII January 30, 2018 10:19 PM GMT
likely so bb3
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 10:23 PM GMT
This is cringe tv Sad
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:23 PM GMT
its ann tv Cool
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 10:24 PM GMT
Every interview has been about Ann Crazy
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:24 PM GMT
hardly any talk of shane j lol
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 10:24 PM GMT
And Wayne Love
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 10:25 PM GMT
Amanda sounds off her face - I wonder if she got access to some of Emma's stash of Vodka on the way from the house?
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
at your marks hacker Plain
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:27 PM GMT
is it YOTW Confused
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed January 30, 2018 10:28 PM GMT
The whole series has been cringe. Everyone has self moderated (Except Andrew). Ann has dominated everything and made it cringe.
Report timbuctooth January 30, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
We all seem to believe there`s only two realistic challengers, too late for any run for the other three. With opinions split so fiercely, surely the difference in prices is too big, making an Ann green/Courtney red book the only value option.
Report hemsby January 30, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
I’ve really enjoyed the series.

May be because I’m an old fogey now,but I’d much rather a series like this than one full of MiC,TOWIE,GS loudmouths and nobodies.
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
What's annoying is every saying Ann hasn't push her opinions on everyone - she manifestly HAS but not by reasoned debate, just with her grumpy disapproving body-language.
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 10:32 PM GMT
*everyone saying
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed January 30, 2018 10:34 PM GMT
You're right VV. She's a skilled politician. She has lobbied everyone to think her way without giving them and choice or debate.
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
jack

you should add to ann's numbers to p1ss the hacker right off !!! Devil
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed January 30, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
giving them any* choice
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 10:36 PM GMT
Still a good series though, for some of the reasons Hems highlghts. Would have been better if the evictions hadn't been so predictable,or if the nominated HMs hadn't been up simply for getting one nom.
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 10:43 PM GMT

Jan 30, 2018 -- 4:34PM, BB 3rd Cousin twice removed wrote:

You're right VV. She's a skilled politician. She has lobbied everyone to think her way without giving them and choice or debate.

Not only that but her would-be natural enemies on the outside ended up defending her corner on her behalf. It reminds me a bit of how Winston Smith in 1984 learns to "love" the original "Big Brother" after being psychologically beaten into submission. I'm surprised the BOTS show psychologist hasn't drawn this parallel, so far. It has been like a microcosm of Totalitarianism played out in front of our very eyes.

Report timbuctooth January 30, 2018 10:45 PM GMT
Unless we`re betting against knowledge of tonight`s vote, 1.6 Courtney is silly; Ann`s nearly four TIMES the price. Is she really four times less likely to win? I think not.
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:47 PM GMT
the vitriol ann is getting on fb reminds me what sarah harding got on there and coleen nolan Wink
thanks for the motivation d1cks
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:47 PM GMT
nasty* d1cks
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:48 PM GMT
its mugs piling in on the tellymix poll, happens every series..why do you think the hacker does it, not coz hes bored Crazy
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:49 PM GMT
should thank him for giving value on ann lol
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed January 30, 2018 10:51 PM GMT
So Ann is 'Big Brother' and Big Brother is 'Winston Smith'? Crazy
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:51 PM GMT
very interesting poll that has probably not been got at yet

Vote Now!
CBB 21 2018 - Who is your LEAST FAVOURITE housemate? [Final Five]
Ann Widdecombe     34.4%
Shane Jenek (Courtney)     34.4%
Shane Lynch     11.8%
Jess Impiazzi     10.8%
Wayne Sleep     8.6%

Total votes: 93
Report bearcub January 30, 2018 10:52 PM GMT
Wayne wins Shocked
Report Tim_B January 30, 2018 10:52 PM GMT
I don't think it's impossible that Courtney won tonight's vote though. After all Ann was splitting her vote with Amanda and probably Shane L a bit too. But once Shane L leaves in third place, Ann will have the advantage at the H2H when it matters. If she even needs it by then. Emma revealing the Top 2 in the vote tonight basically tells people not to bother voting for Shane L anymore.
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:53 PM GMT
ann will get most of shane L's and jess's vote after they leave, the anti vote looks 50/50 n
not scary
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 10:55 PM GMT
market takes TM poll as gospel, always has
Report timbuctooth January 30, 2018 11:03 PM GMT
MUG MARKET!!!
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 11:13 PM GMT

Jan 30, 2018 -- 4:51PM, BB 3rd Cousin twice removed wrote:

So Ann is 'Big Brother' and Big Brother is 'Winston Smith'?

Well I thought of the HMs as being the "Winston Smith"s and Ann being the ever-watching and disapproving "fun-police" oppressor,like Big Brother in the original story, it just so happens that the whole thing takes place within a higher controlling ever-watching regime, which happens to be called "Big Brother" based on that same story. Kind of a Big Brother within Big Brother I guess.

Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 11:16 PM GMT
It really bugs me how these uninteresting total no-hopers make the final when they have no chance of winning. Wayne Sleep this time and that silly old psychic Derek last time are typical examples.
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed January 30, 2018 11:21 PM GMT
VV, I see Ann a little more like Napoleon, the pig from Animal Farm. Courtney being Snowball.
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 11:35 PM GMT
comment from holly warner on fb

lets make ann the winner ! i'll be spending a few quid on the phone votes to help put her there. the winner has to be a woman surely for 'year of the woman' and the only other woman is Jess who is ok but hasn't brought as much to the show as ann.

great post holly.

i think this will resonate up and down the country and if you are on the fence, this will sway the vast majority ann's way i would of thought.
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 11:40 PM GMT
go home to bed emma ffs, no good to anyone
Report VardonVoo. January 30, 2018 11:44 PM GMT

Jan 30, 2018 -- 5:21PM, BB 3rd Cousin twice removed wrote:

VV, I see Ann a little more like Napoleon, the pig from Animal Farm. Courtney being Snowball.

Ah yes - very good!

Report armagnac January 30, 2018 11:48 PM GMT
india, maggie and andrew all going back in
god help ann Sad
Report BB 3rd Cousin twice removed January 30, 2018 11:50 PM GMT
So, the other HM's are the farm animals and Big Brother is the humans.

You see, Ann thinks that all HM's right to do tasks/claim beds/have lights turned out, is equal but some HM's are more equal then others.
Report armagnac January 30, 2018 11:59 PM GMT
rylan to ashley 'lets talk about ann'
Report armagnac January 31, 2018 12:07 AM GMT
malika was closest to shane j in the house, did rylan ask her about him - NO Wink
Report VardonVoo. January 31, 2018 12:13 AM GMT
Who else here is finding themselves very distracted by Ashley's legs?
Report armagnac January 31, 2018 12:14 AM GMT
Tongue Out
Report timbuctooth January 31, 2018 12:32 AM GMT
Don`t forget, LF for half an hour, though not sure much will be happening.
Report VardonVoo. January 31, 2018 1:04 AM GMT
Always seems to end in the middle of an interesting convo.
Report timbuctooth January 31, 2018 1:09 AM GMT
Courtney just can`t stop herself, everything`s an opportunity to spout pc.

Who knows who wins, and I suspect Courtney`s still ahead, but the return of the HMs, and at least some degree of vote transference, particularly from Amanda`s fans, should see Ann catch and pass her. As such, the prices are wrong, and I`ve felt obliged to lay what for me is relative chunks down to 1.58, on top of an already notional max red. Just got exciting, BRING IT ON!!!
Report timbuctooth January 31, 2018 1:48 AM GMT
Early DS;

CBB 2018 Final five- Who do you want to WIN? 175 votes

Ann 46% 81 votes
Shane J/Courtney 37% 66 votes
Shane L 9% 16 votes
Jess 4% 8 votes
Wayne 2% 4 votes

The market`s CLUELESS!!!
Report VardonVoo. January 31, 2018 3:50 AM GMT
I admire your bravery in laying Shane even more (although isn't it cheaper to back Ann and use up the wasted greens elsewhere?).

We saw a demo this afternoon of how easy it is to hack these online polls (many thanks to Jack Bauer '24' for that) but that early new poll is nevertheless interesting. The main poll on the non-forum part of that site seems stuck on the same percentages from the weight of earlier votes so is useless unless it gets reset.

I've levelled out as I really can't call it after the silent rave task and the Scary Spice thing (God wasn't that hilarious?).
I'm looking at this now as being like Day 5 of a Test cricket match - after all the previous days of effort to build up greens or minimize reds it's a shame to risk blowing it all just before the final hurdle.

Two things would worry me - Ann's power and screen time may be much diminished or made to look negative when more people go back in the house, especially with her enemies there, plus the "ordinary" boring/preachy Shane J is likely to be absent in favour of the utterly mesmerizing Courtney for the next few days. My gut feeling is that the public find "her" fascinating and can't get enough of her. She also benefits from having the moral justification for voting in her favour.

I can see why four times the odds is temptingly compelling though, if you're convinced things are neck 'n' neck in the giraffe race. If the market can get it as wrong as it did with Kenzie vs Bez then this one should be even easier to turn over.

By the way - am I the only one that didn't realise (until now) that the name was supposed to sound like "caught in the act"?
Report ahorsewithnoname January 31, 2018 8:09 AM GMT
Daily Mail article:

Celebrity Big Brother: 'Live' triple semi-final eviction runs on 20 MINUTE delay... days after YouTube pranksters interrupted show by scaling house walls in massive security failure

Celebrity Big Brother's triple semi-final eviction was aired with a 20 minute delay on Tuesday, despite flashing up with a 'live' banner on the show.

As housemates Malika Haqq, Ashley James and Amanda Barrie were booted out of the famous Borehamwood mansion in front of a large crowd, viewers at home were left unaware that the scenes had actually occurred almost half an hour prior.

The delay comes after YouTube pranksters broke into the house for a second time on Friday during Dapper Laughs' live eviction.

Images of the first evictees, Malika and Ashley, leaving the house began to circulate online before 9.30pm, but Emma Willis was not seen on screen announcing the pair had to leave until 9.40pm.

The delay was also in place for third evictee, Amanda Barrie, with pictures of the star leaving circulating way before the announcement was made on Channel 5.

A Celebrity Big Brother spokesperson declined to comment when approached by MailOnline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5332215/CBB-Live-triple-eviction-runs-20-minute-delay.html
Report bearcub January 31, 2018 10:40 AM GMT
I want my money back Angry
Report VardonVoo. January 31, 2018 10:51 AM GMT
I'd love it if in the American version of BB they armed the Celebs against such intruders - that would make for great TV.
Report timbuctooth January 31, 2018 6:24 PM GMT
VV; yes, clearly better backing Ann IF you`re convinced she`s the only one who can beat Courtney. However, 25 years as an Indie has left me an instinctive layer, and 14 years laying RTV shorties means I prefer ever-increasing greens on supposed no-hopers, rather than lumping on one runner, only to see a Jess/Shane type steal the prize. And, even if they don`t ultimately win, potential tradeability can even out the discrepancy in value between backing Ann/laying Courtney. As always, each to their own, whatever turns you on.

Someone, probably Rylan, told us very early on about `caught in the act`; before which, I hadn`t spotted it.
Report VardonVoo. January 31, 2018 9:50 PM GMT
I can also see you might prefer the often better liquidity on the odds-on favourite. The slight irritation for me is the adding of unreclaimable green to all the eliminated 1000 shots and having to somehow redistribute the greens away from the runners I don't rate at all.

Oh I really like Jess - she's soooo sweet. Such a shame she's been so hidden behind the dominant narratives until now.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now