Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
VardonVoo.
27 Jan 18 17:13
| Topic/replies: 2,873 | Blogger: VardonVoo.'s blog
I've noticed this on previous RTV markets  too - the Cash Out may be showing a huge red for some people on what are actually profitable books when traded out manually. There's no reason why a correctly-working Cash Out should further increase your green on evicted 1000 shots, nor should it show wildly differing figures on each runner when the slider is set to "Maximum". You may also find your liability shown next to the Cash Out is bigger than your maximum red on the displayed runners so your available betting balances may be lower than expected.

Talking to the Chat Help people is, as usual, like banging your head against a brick wall. Even on the rare occasion you get one that understands your query instead of rattling off a pre-prepared script, there's rarely any follow-up. I spent an hour on the phone before Xmas discussing the Cash Out issue on these incomplete markets, yet nothing has changed.

i think we'd all be would be very interested to hear of anyone whose Cash Out is much greener than they were expecting - cos if they did cash that out they'd presumably be getting free money from an invisible "Any Other". BF would I'm sure look into the matter with great urgency in such a scenario.

Has anyone on here accidentally cashed out and lost more than they thought they should or is it perhaps simply an error in the displayed amount rather than an accounting glitch?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View CBB book still not complete!
Show More
Report hemsby January 27, 2018 5:25 PM GMT
Simple rule of thumb would be never press the cash out button and disable it if possible.

The totals invariably give a poorer reflection of your book than reality due to a lack of liquidity at any given time.Discrepancies in the numbers can also occur if you’ve chosen to have your green / red displayed as “less commission” ....I believe cash out displays a number before commission (?)
Report VardonVoo. January 27, 2018 6:09 PM GMT
Well how about that - they've added Tiddles, at last!! My chat guy didn't really get the technical issue but he did follow through. I'm actually impressed!
Report VardonVoo. January 27, 2018 6:15 PM GMT
"Simple rule of thumb would be never press the cash out button and disable it if possible."

Very sound advice. Even in markets that are usually liquid you can crash prices with it if you chose the wrong moment - hence why I call it the "Auto-Mug" button. I do find it useful as guide though, especially in markets like Test cricket, where there are more than two outcomes to consider.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now