Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Jim Duncan
18 Dec 17 04:53
| Topic/replies: 3,168 | Blogger: Jim Duncan's blog
It's about time we had a Top 10 market in addition to a Top 3 market starting right now - the more requests Betfair receive requesting this, the more chance of us getting a Top 10 market.

Very well played 2017 Mo backers, backers of the Two Jonnies for Top 3 and AJ layers - best of luck in 2018!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View *** SPOTY 2018 *** 'ALL ABOARD' -...
Show More
Report donny osmond December 19, 2017 6:07 PM GMT
jack butland saves dozens of pelanties as engerland win worls cup
Report mafeking December 19, 2017 10:34 PM GMT
elise christie must have a shout in what could be another very open year. know it's a unpredictable sport with seemingly a huge element of luck but she could pick up multiple golds if it it goes her way which would be unprecedented for a british winter olympian
Report johnnyrant December 20, 2017 10:17 AM GMT
2018 a really strong sporting year. Winter Olympics, Commonwealth Games, World Cup, Ryder Cup among the highlights.
Report Jim Duncan December 20, 2017 9:26 PM GMT
...yeah - thank you (finally) BetFair - my persistence has paid off - we now have a top 3 AND a Top 10 market to play :)
Report Jim Duncan December 20, 2017 9:35 PM GMT
...this has taken me several years of persistent asking :)
Report Jim Duncan December 20, 2017 9:45 PM GMT
I feel like Andy Daufresne from 'The Shawshank Redemption'!
Report timbuctooth January 6, 2018 2:05 AM GMT
Top 10 market gone? Messers G'n'T again, I presume?
Report sofiakenny February 10, 2018 11:20 AM GMT
Any mugs (apart from me) on Elize Christie?
Report hemsby February 10, 2018 3:13 PM GMT
Me too Kenny Grin

Would make a terrific story if she can win a gold after her 3 DQ’s four years ago.Looks to have real medal chances in all three events.On E/W @ 33/1.
Report sofiakenny February 10, 2018 4:36 PM GMT
great stuff hems..I'm more confident knowing a shrewdie is on.
Report JOMO February 13, 2018 11:05 AM GMT
I'm aboard the Elise Express too, gents. Got the last of 118's 33/1 this morning (win only - can see her dropping below 3/1 if she gets gold, so a nice green).

The back story is set up perfectly for her - and Beeb have hyping their little socks off this morning). Three bites at the cherry too, albeit the 500 presents her best chance on paper.
Report JOMO February 13, 2018 11:05 AM GMT
*have been hyping
Report JOMO February 13, 2018 1:10 PM GMT
Not to be today. How the Belgian lass actually came away with a medal after that SF and F I'll never know?!

The drama/crashing out/crying coverage ratchets up the tension/sympathy actually probably helps her spoty chances more than a silver or bronze would have done.

Hope she does actually come away with a medal for her own sake... she's (understandably) feeling this big time and don't think she could carry the weight of six Olympic "defeats" with her for another four years. Plain
Report sofiakenny February 13, 2018 1:27 PM GMT
Agree with that Jomo....perfect scenario would be is she crashes and burns in the 1500
but then against all odds wins gold in the 1000.
Report JOMO February 17, 2018 11:37 AM GMT
Well, she has indeed crashed, so the perfect scenario is set up. But that's provided she's not picked up a serious injury... Plain
Report sofiakenny February 17, 2018 12:51 PM GMT
I love it when a plan comes together(coutesy of D ick Dastardly)
Report Jim Duncan February 17, 2018 1:33 PM GMT
...the problem for Elise is that she has the following dilemma: skate and finish and maybe get a medal OR go for gold and risk another traumatic experience?
Report JOMO February 17, 2018 5:48 PM GMT
She strikes me as the sort who'll still go for gold, Jim. Doesn't seem like one to play percentages.

Meanwhile, Lizzy Yarnold becomes the first Brit to successfully defend a Winter Olympic title and drops to anything from 8/1 to 14/1 for spoty. The result's even got Betfair Spotsbook easing Kyle Edmund's 6/1 price. Laugh

I'm not sure what to make of Yarnold tbh. Today ticks some decent spoty-ripe achievement boxes but my gut instinct is that, even if Elise doesn't come away with a gold and LY gets the Olympic triumph story to herself, she won't win. She might have just triumphed, but the triumph-over-adversity levels are too low for my liking - both in terms of her upbringing and the immediate circumstances around her victory today.
Report timbuctooth February 17, 2018 8:03 PM GMT
The SPOTY market is made for laying these early-year flash in the pans; pretty much forgotten about by next week, with ensuing market drifts. Max red.
Report JOMO February 20, 2018 11:58 AM GMT
Well that's the end of the Elise Express (insert coming off the track puns here). Good value for the price right to the end.

Yarnold has come in a jiffy as a result but otherwise I'd agree jim her price is only going to drift over the next nine months.

Don't think there's anyone else on the immediate horizon to get on. Laura Muir looks to be in good form once again and, although she wouldn't stand a chance of winning, she'd have been an option to get a cheeky point on for trading purposes ahead of the World Indoors. However, she's apparently missing the Commonwealths in order to sit her Uni exams so I'll leave it. Can't see any other track or field athletes pulling off such a performance they'd be in with a sniff of spoty.
Report JOMO February 20, 2018 11:59 AM GMT
*agree tim, not jim.

(Though agree with everything you've said too jim Laugh)
Report donny osmond February 20, 2018 2:48 PM GMT
yeah, its almost back to sleep

rory at masters next alarm call for me, unless we get a female grand national winner
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now