Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
racing6699
05 May 18 23:23
| Topic/replies: 105 | Blogger: racing6699's blog
semi final 15-16 - the worst shot ever?
Share |
Show More
Report racing6699 May 5, 2018 11:53 PM BST
what a complete choker - awful stuff - its hard to watch such complete choking
Report gobelins May 6, 2018 9:42 AM BST
It was a brutal watch, and had I not backed him I would have quite enjoyed watching a player (any player) trying to stay calm and focused while the wheels were falling off in a World SF. It's what makes The Crucible so special, and any change to the length of matches will mean we'll see far fewer examples of that happening (it's scarcely believable that M.Selby was advocating this). It's difficult to see The Hawk recovering from this, these are the defeats that really hurt, and leave long scars. This was the year he should have been World Champion, but one bad session and it's over. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think he'll ever get a better chance.
Report The Bhoys May 6, 2018 10:56 AM BST
Yea cudnt belive selby was agreeing with jimmy, but he said in hi final v ronnie first session he was absoloutly  gone
Report stu May 6, 2018 11:20 AM BST
The 85,000 he's just banked might help soften the blow though, keep him in beers for a little while at least.
Report gjohn101 May 6, 2018 12:52 PM BST
I suspect Barry expended an awful lot of energy throughout the tournament and probably all year too. Finally caught up with him and hope he doesn’t beat himself up too much about it. You got a good run at least gobe. Saddling him with my few bob before the sf didn’t help anyway.

On the subject of tiredness I can’t see why there isn’t a days break before the final. I know stamina is all part of the chsmpions package but the problem is one player is being unfairly penalized for not getting his game over sooner.
Report gjohn101 May 6, 2018 12:53 PM BST
*talking about emotional energy I should make clear
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now