Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gobelins
29 Apr 18 09:13
| Topic/replies: 475 | Blogger: gobelins's blog
As we embark upon the middle Sunday the tournament has a whole new feel to it. And, after R.O’Sullivan’s defeat, you wonder if that’s it – he ends up with 5 World titles, meaning the never-ending debate about who was the greatest will remain unanswered. Since he lost to M.Selby in the 2014 final he hasn’t reached the one table set up here, and further success here looks increasingly unlikely. That said, it was a tremendous result for A.Carter, and it was great to see him stand up to O’Sullivan and go toe-to-toe with him (literally). There’s definitely been a harder edge to The Captain here, as he showed when rallying from 2-6 to G.Dott in R1. He’s always had the game to beat O’Sullivan but has lacked the belief – now he has put that demon to bed there is no reason why he can’t go further, maybe much further.

Elsewhere, J.Higgins dished out a brutal lesson to J.Lisowski, and although the match is effectively over - it is important, from a psychological point of view, that Lisowski tries to take this match to a 3rd session. All his excellent recent performances will count for nothing if he is demolished in 2 sessions, as those type of defeats leave deep and lasting scars. Ding is the new tournament favourite, and he starts his 2nd round match this morning. Ding’s recent Crucible form is very strong and it has needed M.Selby, at his best, to beat him in the last 2 seasons. That said, he looks too short at 3/10 to beat A.McGill. His form has been poor since he lost heavily to O’Sullivan in the World Grand Prix final, and 1st round defeats in the UK and Masters show a vulnerability early on tournaments. J.Trump also starts his 2nd round match this morning, and he is also a 3/10 chance to progress against R.Walden. I would have said that was an absolute mortgage job before the tournament started, but Trump's lack of confidence and nervousness in putting away C.Wakelin means there is now an element of doubt. It is a sign of just how vulnerable Trump is right now that you can back him at 13/2 outright given that both O’Sullivan and Selby are out (he has been lower than that price for most of the season). But, for all the doubts about him - I just can’t see Walden out-playing him over 3 sessions.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Day 9 at The Crucible
Show More
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 2:57 PM BST
wow higgins miss
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:09 PM BST
that is fkin abysmal
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:09 PM BST
time to go home jack
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 3:10 PM BST
Well after that 'safety' on the brown, jesus wept.

13-0 incoming
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:12 PM BST
big improver this ssn or not, he aint a big match player yet and by a long way judged by this
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:13 PM BST
I felt his head went @ 2-0 yesterday, up till then he was competing
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 3:16 PM BST
In a first to 13 if your head going at 2-0 oh dear.
Report dlarssonf April 29, 2018 3:17 PM BST
If somebody's head is going at 2 nil down in the best of 25 then professional sport is not for them ffs
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:17 PM BST
he was unfortunate with run of the ball early and should have shared the 1st 2 but yeah it is ludicrous tbf
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:17 PM BST
hopefully avoid the whitewash
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:19 PM BST
finafookinlly!!! Laugh
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 3:20 PM BST
Get the last 5 of the session now Laugh
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:25 PM BST
u/l with the split, hit them perfect
follows it up with a fkin sh1te safety
typical
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:27 PM BST
muggery
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 3:28 PM BST
Mugfest here now. Once Higgins goes in a session he often can't get it back... but Jack as bad.
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:29 PM BST
higgins aint looked the tournament winner to me
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 3:34 PM BST
6-5 mjw
Report dlarssonf April 29, 2018 3:41 PM BST
Williams is going home next round
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 4:02 PM BST
146 incoming Happy
Report dlarssonf April 29, 2018 4:03 PM BST
anyone but honest John
Report gobelins April 29, 2018 4:20 PM BST
Some very salient points made by A.McManus and J.Higgins regarding the schedule. The day off for Higgins is very, very important. And, even though Ding finishes off tomorrow afternoon, it would be far better for him if he can force the win tonight.
Report The Bhoys April 29, 2018 4:46 PM BST
Its fair to say ronnie has had a long season and is possibly fatigued but 5 world titles for a man of his talent is not unreal, he is 42 now and played in probably 25 world championships, thats a poor strike rate, i just think he feels the pressure more in the worlds which is totally understandable but if he played carter same distance in a lesser tournament he would not have lost
Report Latalomne April 29, 2018 4:56 PM BST
Milkins, what a two-hat
Report dlarssonf April 29, 2018 5:09 PM BST
milkinsLaughLaughLaugh
Report RozelKid April 29, 2018 5:12 PM BST
I think there is an argument that Milkins is bringing the game into disrepute. He clearly wants to get out of there even though he is still in the match
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 5:15 PM BST
Mugs like Milkins shouldn’t be near this event if we were in any sort of strong era.

It’s muggiest worlds in my time I would say, the joke pockets do not help.
Report gobelins April 29, 2018 5:37 PM BST
At least S.Hendry made reference to the accepting nature of the pockets earlier. M.Williams potted one down the left hand side black cushion, which missed by miles - and Hendry said: it hit the cushion well before the pocket, but was still gobbled up. J.Parrott was unusually silent, I wonder why?
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 6:16 PM BST
The chirping parrot would do nothing from his perch deep in the gravy train. Davis the main place man, nauseating.

Wilson had one yesterday that was basically a 9 ball acceptance. I’m still seething.
Report The Bhoys April 29, 2018 6:25 PM BST
Yea hendry is in shock with some of them, its an absoloute farce im only watching for betting purposes but u cant do much as there that big u dont see people missing
Report gobelins April 29, 2018 6:31 PM BST
Good ol' gravy train rider Dennis Taylor confused himself earlier this morning on the pockets issue. J.Trump took on a tricky pink to the right centre which looked borderline when he hit it. It just caught the far jaw before dropping, and Taylor said: they've sometimes not been dropping when catching the jaws in the middle pockets - before remembering that he has been constantly saying how tight the middle pockets have been and how they just won't go in unless they go straight in the middle! It thankfully afforded us 10 seconds of silence.
Report stu April 29, 2018 6:46 PM BST
Williams has completely peed me off with his mr inconsistent act in this match, I've backed him: he plays **** for 3 frames, lay off he goes on to win them in succession...got him totally wrong must admit, but when players jump around so much in standard what do you do...??
Report gjohn101 April 29, 2018 6:48 PM BST
At the risk of sounding like moondans parrot, Davis and his trusty sidekick are stealing a living there. I’m a traditionalist so the bbc is important to me where snooker is concerned but the lazy analysis from these supposed experts is nauseating. Talking about the older players doing well the other day Davis said it was proof of the great strength in depth on the tour. I kid you not. He really did come out with that beauty and with a straight face to boot. I desperately wanted to kick the screen in but too old to get my leg over now, like Fred Davis, I had to content myself with a loud guffaw instead.
Report dlarssonf April 29, 2018 7:03 PM BST
bbc are finished with snooker , ****s can barely show live snooker when it's on , rather have edbon and steve talking crap to hazel
Report gobelins April 29, 2018 7:04 PM BST
You are Moondan! That is almost word-for-word what he'd say.

If the older players are doing well it proves the standard is higher than ever.
If the younger players are doing well it proves the standard is higher than ever.

If a new player wins a ranking event (Day, Brecel, Wenbo, King and Hamilton of late) it proves the strength in depth on the tour.
If an established player wins a ranking event it shows how difficult it is for those lower down the rankings to win one.

If there are endless century breaks it proves the standard is higher than ever.
If there are fewer than normal it proves just how tight these championship tables are.

If an outsider, or lower ranked seed, wins this World Championship it just shows how strong the game is right now.
If one of the big boys wins this World Championship it will demonstrate that the cream always rises to the top.

etc;etc.
Report thepunter April 29, 2018 7:10 PM BST
Lets hope Ding got a phone call from china and Mcgill wins the next 8, then we'll have a match.
Report dlarssonf April 29, 2018 7:13 PM BST
Ding's phone is off the hook until he wins the title
Report stu April 29, 2018 7:34 PM BST
Trump is a lucky cnt - should have fouled the black but got away with it
Report thepunter April 29, 2018 7:34 PM BST
Another open position chance and the mugill scores 7 points...
Report stickyvicky April 29, 2018 7:40 PM BST
Why did Walden go for re-rack there while 30 points ahead ?
He could have potted the black himself and the odds of still winning the game would have still been in his favour.
Trump would not have cleared that table in one visit, practically impossible.
Report thepunter April 29, 2018 7:41 PM BST
Could have taken 2 hours to clear up for anyone. No interest to play such kind of positions
Report dlarssonf April 29, 2018 7:43 PM BST
Trump needs to take up another job
Report thepunter April 29, 2018 7:46 PM BST
Ding making more mistakes than during the first session, but mughill cant pott a f*cking ball.
Report gjohn101 April 29, 2018 7:49 PM BST
Moondan is so right about them though. Parrott was on today about a shot MJW played on a baulk colour that canoned off the pink, almost knocking it in, and coming back up perfect for the reds. Parrott was giving it the oh what a clever shot that is but Hendry wasn’t having any of it. Parrott kept stupidly insisting Williams played it deliberately.
Report The Bhoys April 29, 2018 7:59 PM BST
I like hendry he isnt 1 of the ball lickers, trump is a f u cking imbecile
Report SontaranStratagem April 29, 2018 8:07 PM BST
Trump hanging on what hair he's got left Cry he better not pull it
Report SontaranStratagem April 29, 2018 8:09 PM BST
Parrot thinks every shot is great, the other day when I was watching the player (can't remember who it was) played a simple red to black shot and he said "that was very good, looked harder than it was", it was literally a simple red to black that we could play.
Report SontaranStratagem April 29, 2018 8:11 PM BST
should be "looked easier than it was" sorry
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 8:16 PM BST
Unless Trump can see off Ricky we will have one 20 something in the quarters (Wilson).

With the average being late 30s whatever happens.
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 8:18 PM BST
30% long pots Judd in 10 frames. That is woeful.

86% overall is also crap.

Pack up son.
Report The Bhoys April 29, 2018 8:18 PM BST
allen favourite to beat wilson?
Report The Bhoys April 29, 2018 8:19 PM BST
Osullivan was around that number for long pots v carter, shocking
Report SontaranStratagem April 29, 2018 8:19 PM BST
Judd isn't a winner is he? he looks bored 99% of the time as well, probably puts in little practice as well
Report gjohn101 April 29, 2018 8:24 PM BST
I think he genuinely looks like he’s hurting, tough game when it just refuses to come together for you. This is better but he needs to sustain it for an entire session st least.
Report Mc Moonbeam April 29, 2018 8:26 PM BST
Judd's never been a Winner ... hope Ricky sends the mugg back to his Mums !

then he can ask Ding for advice on a new pair of Shoes
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 8:27 PM BST
Cue a long red and a century Laugh
Report The Bhoys April 29, 2018 8:30 PM BST
some of the shots on the cushion your thinking perhaps this is a stubmling block but the pockets that big it dont matter
Report gobelins April 29, 2018 8:31 PM BST
I agree gj. He is trying out there, but it must be so frustrating for him that it just isn't happening, and isn't likely to. I have no doubt he practices and practices hard, but it is probable that his practice routines are simply not suitable for what he really needs. I'm not a massive J.Trump fan but this is not pleasant to watch.
Report thepunter April 29, 2018 8:34 PM BST
Mugill finding some form, come on boy 2 more frames like this at least.
Report stu April 29, 2018 8:36 PM BST
Trump's played two nobodies so far - struggled against both
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 8:37 PM BST
Glad Judd is looking in here instead of tw@tter Grin
Report Mc Moonbeam April 29, 2018 8:44 PM BST
Trump will be full on Bald if he ever actually manages to win one of these things ..

as for Ronnie i'm the exact same age & have to admit i'm now glad just to make a walk to the shops & back again Plain
Report stu April 29, 2018 8:47 PM BST
oh yeh mc - I do that too these days, 'look at how old x sportsperson is, past it....oh hang on I'm 14 years older....' GrinCry
Report Mc Moonbeam April 29, 2018 9:02 PM BST
to be fair to Ron he's probably the fittest snooker player we'll ever see in our lifetimes .. he could've run the London Marathon

but 5/2 Fav for a 2 weeks slog .. no thankyou .. I was backing him @ 8/1 when he'd  'Lost it' Cool
Report gjohn101 April 29, 2018 9:09 PM BST
If Ricky clears this table he deserves to be world champion
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:15 PM BST
what a fkin mug
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:15 PM BST
and been fkin fortunate
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:16 PM BST
mug
Report Mc Moonbeam April 29, 2018 9:17 PM BST
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:21 PM BST
incredible
Report SontaranStratagem April 29, 2018 9:22 PM BST
Trump about pulling the rest of his hair out
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 9:25 PM BST
That nonsense is why J Trump can’t be a world champ in his current morph.
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:33 PM BST
7-7 this feels like possible decider territory
Report deadbrain59 April 29, 2018 9:34 PM BST
Higgins ding dong FINALMischief
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:36 PM BST
lol dudd wtf
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:36 PM BST
fkin lucky boy
Report Latalomne April 29, 2018 9:37 PM BST
Did Ricky just mouth "Fark me"?
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:38 PM BST
Laugh probably
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:46 PM BST
wow
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 9:47 PM BST
Oh dear the muggernought strikes again.
Report Latalomne April 29, 2018 9:51 PM BST
I don't think he's very far away from losing his sh1t.  Been sat there shaking his head half the night.  He's seething.
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:53 PM BST
this has got coin flip written all over it imo how the fack he's 1.7 from here I have no idea
Report Latalomne April 29, 2018 9:57 PM BST
Does the black really not pass the green?
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:58 PM BST
so muggish
Report Latalomne April 29, 2018 9:58 PM BST
Lucky boy there
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 9:58 PM BST
I'd be amazed if this guy wins this [tournament]
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 10:00 PM BST
awful cueing
Report Latalomne April 29, 2018 10:00 PM BST
Hit wrong side of that
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 10:02 PM BST
oh rickyCry
Report Latalomne April 29, 2018 10:02 PM BST
Wow
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 10:03 PM BST
fck off seriously
Report Latalomne April 29, 2018 10:03 PM BST
How has that dropped?!?
seriously FCK OFF
even on a 9 ball table that aint dropping
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 10:07 PM BST
v lucky to have a frame winning break there, that red dropping when played at pace plum on the jaw was utter utter filth
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 10:08 PM BST
4/9 that mug winning lol I don't think so
Report wondersobright April 29, 2018 10:14 PM BST
selby is a woeful pundit, on the fence on everything ffs
Report BornToWin April 29, 2018 11:06 PM BST
The pockets are making a mockery of this event.

I'm really getting a seethe on now.
Report thegiggilo April 30, 2018 12:27 AM BST
It was boring after one day,clearences that should be 50/50 are now 90% players going for balls they wouldn't even attempt normally, was exactly the same at the china open complete farce..
Report davyb April 30, 2018 3:07 AM BST
pockets playing way to easy, I'm seeing balls go in after hitting cushion good inch before pocket, this should never happen.

Think allens a fair price at 8/11 to beat Wilson, if both players play like they did in their 2nd round matches then allen wins this match quite comfortably, I'm expecting both players early on feel the pressure of wanting get to 1 table set up, expecting allen deals with it the best and take a lead and never be caught with a scoreline of 13-7
Report deadbrain59 April 30, 2018 8:03 PM BST
Higgins outright 4.6 taken
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now