Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wondersobright
20 Apr 18 18:49
| Topic/replies: 52,282 | Blogger: wondersobright's blog
For the first time, World Snooker have announced a dress code for spectators with tickets entering the arena.
They said: "Sorry football fans. The event promoter requests that no sportswear or team sport shirts a worn."
Fans will be refused entry and they will have to find alternative clothing if something is deemed unsuitable.
Brian Talbot, who has been attending the Crucible since 1989 and is usually seen sat in the front row, told the Coventry Telegraph the decision was "a load of rubbish".
He said: "[World Snooker chairman] Barry Hearn is an absolute disgrace, he wants to bring the sport in line with the darts. I may as well go in dressed as Snow White or a Smurf.
"He's a dinosaur and he's ruining the sport that I love."
O'Sullivan said it was "laughable" and added: "You pay the money for your ticket, you should be allowed to wear what you want.
"At the darts they seem to be walking around in Superman outfits."

fkin pr1cks Sad
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View NO MORE COVENTRY CITY SHIRT
Show More
Report peckerdunne April 20, 2018 10:12 PM BST
What are they not Superman outfits.?
Report appformat April 20, 2018 10:31 PM BST
the worlds going mad!
Report bingo bongo April 20, 2018 10:37 PM BST
No sportswear. Does that include the cringey snooker t shirts. Which I guess they sell in the foyer.
Report GRANTCKING April 21, 2018 11:47 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report razzamataz April 22, 2018 4:52 PM BST
you get the best of the seats and the best of the matches and your moaning joke how they give them to you
Report ThirdTimeLucky April 26, 2018 2:42 PM BST
you get the best of the seats and the best of the matches and your moaning joke how they give them to you

When Embassy sponsored it you could buy a season ticket for the whole tournament, thats stopped in recent years but they still honour the ones who purchased them until the decide to stop buying them.

Hence you see Mr Coventry City in the same seats every year, also the old grey haired bloke who sits by the partition (who comes every year from Australia) and the Denis Law lookalike who sits next to him.
Report wondersobright April 26, 2018 3:05 PM BST
there's a fat guy (although not so fat this year) who sits by the left hand side of the left hand table (as TV looks)
he's there every year also
Report gjohn101 April 26, 2018 3:09 PM BST
This is the last year isn't it? Or is it next year
Report wondersobright April 26, 2018 3:38 PM BST
last year of what?
Report gjohn101 April 26, 2018 3:50 PM BST
"In addition, World Snooker will no longer be offering season tickets or priority booking to fans who have been offered these benefits in the past. This is to ensure fair opportunities to everyone and to give more fans the chance to enjoy the Crucible experience for the first time."
Report wondersobright April 26, 2018 4:38 PM BST
cheers gj
Report FatherMaguire April 27, 2018 12:50 AM BST
well I'm going to be controversial and say that if the players are expected to wear evening wear, it would be appropriate for the fans to be semi- respectable - I always found the footy tops a bit chavvish for the worlds - I go the snooker a fair bit and wouldnt feel right wearing the mighty TRFC shirt
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now