Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Latalomne
08 Jan 18 14:05
| Topic/replies: 14,202 | Blogger: Latalomne's blog
Big punter @ 1.16 Ford has massively skewed the market here.  1.27 to lay here, 1.36 to back on 365
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Wilson v Ford
Show More
Report Latalomne January 8, 2018 2:59 PM GMT
Ford loses from 2-0 up.
Report Wicklow January 12, 2018 6:40 PM GMT
hope you copped lata.

I never used to miss a match for betting/trading - the liquidity seems dire anytime i have a look at the run of the mill events. I dont have the patience for the it anymore.

I used to love the days of the scoreboard, there used to be some right fun and games on them over the years. The one that sticks out is Cope v Smurphy ( i think) Mur was a 1.6 shot or so pre. Cope went 2-0 up and a lad wanted a hefty 5 figures on smurph at evens. 3-0 and it was still there. During the interval at 4-0 cope was a silly price as people were trading out and pushing the price out. Think it finished 5-0 or 5-1... those crazy days are well and truely gone but good to hear theres still the odd mad lad wanting to get on regardless of price.

WD bud.
Report Pokermonster January 16, 2018 11:36 PM GMT
Clash of the presidents! Winner to play Trump or Carter? :)
Report Latalomne January 21, 2018 4:03 PM GMT
Sorry, Wicklow, headed to Dubai the day after this!

Yeah, the liquidity is not good.  I took as much as I was comfortable with given the way the markets are these days.  It's all very well filling your boots on a wrong price, but there is very little chance of getting out of it/managing the position without giving loads of the value you've got away (and it's always risky on this PTC stuff).  It was the best day I'd had in an age, TBH! 

Hope all's well with you and that you're winning!  Cheers!  Cool
Report Wicklow January 23, 2018 8:07 PM GMT
Yah I know that feeling, when the markets are thin and you take a position and can be left with a horrible loss when you dont deserve it. Its hard not to help yourself to a bad price as those opportuinities do not come around very often now. Sounded like it worked in your favour that time - as you probably didnt have the chance to hedge your positions and ended up getting more than you normally would. Good on you - and great timing with your trip to dubai!

I hardly bothered on the masters last week - i'd never miss frame betting for the main events, but its very hard to be laying in the balls now with the pockets. Too many one visit frames and you could sit through a best of 9 without a decent frame. And sure even if there is one, theres not many lads wanting to back low odds when a player on 50/60 plus like years gone by.
I can still grind out a living on the uk/ire racing, but that takes more and more patience by the day. But its strange when ronnie v allen was on (prime for frame betting a year or so ago) I was prob focusing on some horrible All Weather race - but at least I get to avoid listening to Taylor (does he take a shift off these days!?)

WD and hope another good win is nt far around the corner Cool
Report Latalomne January 25, 2018 11:04 AM GMT
Ha!  Yeah, it was a bit like that.  Dubai was more "work" than pleasure (though it probably only just qualifies). 

Snooker is definitely "different" to how it used to be.  As you say, lots of one visit frames, though conversely, there are probably more "easy" balls missed now than ever before - maybe people taking chances they wouldn't normally, trying to pinch a slightly better angle than they would have dared before? 

I just wish there was more opinionated money around, though the same can be said of all of the markets.... 

Cheers!  You too!
Report Latalomne January 25, 2018 11:09 AM GMT
Speaking of opinions, I wish Phil Yates would just shut up!  There's a lot to be said for knowing when to speak as a commentator and knowing when to keep quiet, and Yates seems to feel the need to fill every spare nanosecond with his nasally-tones and hospital-radio-DJ voice.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now