Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ccd
27 Apr 17 05:30
| Topic/replies: 2,398 | Blogger: ccd's blog
Don't just sit there wafting a limp hand hand up and down on the knee when your opponent pulls something out the top drawer - get stuck in to a proper clap! Why not? Seen a few of these this year...
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View The 'knee'clap'
Show More
Report ccd April 27, 2017 5:33 AM BST
Although maybe it would look a bit odd for a player to give the full double-hander...?
Report ccd April 27, 2017 5:36 AM BST
On the 'table tap', you have to prefer the John Higgins/Mark Selby full bang with the knuckles. Don't like the laying of the cue on the rail so much - little but casual for me...
Report peckerdunne April 27, 2017 11:56 AM BST
Its supposed to show a quite respect...
Report ccd April 27, 2017 12:49 PM BST
Suppose it would distract when at the table. Although I'm sure there are one or two that wouldn't mind a warm hand amongst the balls.
Report alun2005 April 27, 2017 6:57 PM BST
Should any spectator caught doing a frame-ball 'knee-clap" be knee-capped?
Report ZEALOT April 27, 2017 9:18 PM BST
A COUPLE OF FINGERS IN THE MOUTH AND A BIG WHISTLE FROM THE OPPONENT WOULD BE QUITE AMUSING
Report ccd April 28, 2017 4:55 AM BST
Very distracting. Would certainly make it a lot harder when addressing the cue ball - a player might have to take a moment to compose himself by asking the ref to give it a rub with white gloves.
Report ccd April 28, 2017 5:50 AM BST
i think a double handed clap should be reserved ro only the finest of poyd. Lets be honest, we all enjoy seeing a long one pulled of at the Crucible. I think the use of both hands would be a fair reward and both players would get a lot out of it.
Report ccd April 28, 2017 5:56 AM BST
*the finest of pots

I can only apologise, my shoddy typing is a blight on the otherwise impeccable and high-minded level of debate that this forum and the sport in general is renowned for. I shudder at the purile and childish fare served up elsewhere, I really do...
Report alun2005 April 28, 2017 12:16 PM BST
You are Finbarr Saunders and I claim my £5.  Can I have one of the brand new stiff and shiny meaty ones please?  Fnarr fnarr.
Report ccd April 28, 2017 12:28 PM BST
Fnarr indeed Alun! 'Carry on Cueing' anyone?
Report alun2005 April 28, 2017 12:53 PM BST
I do hope no-one's going to make tasteless references to 'potting the pink' or (Allah forbid) 'potting the brown' in this new 'Carry On' ?
Report ccd April 28, 2017 1:12 PM BST
No they are outlawed. However, one line reads: "A good break here - you often see a sizeable one when the balls are being caressed and maneuvered with such delicacy."

Any good?
Report ccd April 28, 2017 1:13 PM BST
Any more for any more?
Report ccd April 28, 2017 1:19 PM BST
Ok, last one... "A Miss as been called - Ronnnie's got his extension in his hand and I think he's going to try and get round the back of it on this occasion."
Report ccd April 28, 2017 1:24 PM BST
McManus just wieghed in with "I think the brown spot might be available". Haha!
Report alun2005 April 28, 2017 1:48 PM BST
Excellent.
Report ccd May 1, 2017 10:16 AM BST
"4 frames played so far this afternoon....(camera pans to 4 buxom snooker groupies) ...this young man will have enjoyed his mid session interval, having taken all four of those."

Quite good fun coming up with these, beats doing the crossword...
Report alun2005 May 1, 2017 5:54 PM BST
That quote would also work if the young man won all 8 frames.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now