Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Bucks John
23 Apr 10 14:29
| Topic/replies: 1,323 | Blogger: Big Bucks John's blog
John Virgo for me, mainly because he cracks me up.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Best Snooker Commentator
Show More
Report alfee April 23, 2010 2:32 PM BST
clive, but do enjoy jonh virgo, willie is just painful.
Report pandora1963 April 23, 2010 2:35 PM BST
clive and jv
Report flag of goats April 26, 2015 3:32 PM BST
Best Hendry

Worst Taylor
Report Pokermonster April 26, 2015 4:02 PM BST
Clive Everton, followed by the pairing of John Virgo and Willie Thorne.
Report gentlemanjohn April 26, 2015 4:15 PM BST
Wow, surprised by the Virgo love-in here, usually only gets mentioned to get slaggged off on here. The man is a legend, simple as.
Report trebor April 26, 2015 4:21 PM BST
1 Griffiths
2 Hendry
3 Foulds
4 Johnson
5 Virgo
6 Everton
7 Davis
8 Yates
9 McManus
10 Parrott
11 Doherty
12 Taylor
13 Thorne
14 Hallett

Yeh I know I need to get out more Grin
Report ccd April 26, 2015 4:39 PM BST
The ghost of Ted Lowe via ouja board.
Report tommo1000 April 26, 2015 4:42 PM BST
taylor being particularly nauseating this aft,gushing about Ronnie as well as name dropping about his famous friendsWink
Report jed.davison April 26, 2015 8:31 PM BST
Hendry on a different planet to all the others, just like he was as a player.
Report sheppy123 April 26, 2015 9:23 PM BST
Virgo
Davis
Hendry

Taylor has definitely got his moments BUT when he starts being wimpish, going on about how nice the guy is, and how much he deserves to win it, and how nice his wife is, and how nice his kids are etc. it drives me MAD!!!

Just stick to the fukcing game, nobody cares about the player's personal life!!!
Report thegiggilo April 27, 2015 1:47 AM BST
Only Hendry worth listening to,although he's probably bored to tears douing it they should get jimmy in there as well he might not be very eloquent but at least will tell you what the correct shots are,perhaps he could add in some of the late night poker matches he's been playing in and bar bills..Silly
Report Gin April 27, 2015 11:21 AM BST
Foulds and Hendry for me.
Report moondan April 27, 2015 11:46 AM BST
Has to be Virgo for me, John calls it as it is, Willie is being watered down with age. Hendry is sucking up to O'Sullivan a tad too much but to be fair most do a decent job but see absolutely no improvement in Davis or Parrot who wet themselves over any very average O'Sullivan shot.

Miss old Jack very much and unfortunately Clive has been flung overboard and his commentary on other channels has lost the anti establishment feel it once had.
Perhaps he is searching for a lifeline back.
Report Angel Gabrial April 27, 2015 6:50 PM BST
Is Moondan the only one to mention Jack KarnehmShocked

I liked the old boys of the past as well Moondan, another name not mentioned is Ray Edmonds. These two and Clive Everton for me.
Report gentlemanjohn April 27, 2015 7:12 PM BST
John Pulman has to get a mention too shirley, the proud deliverer of the best one-liner ever uttered in sports commentary.
Report Pokermonster April 27, 2015 7:16 PM BST
I was just about to type that, John.  How spooky!
Report Pokermonster April 27, 2015 7:18 PM BST
"Who called the organiser a ****?"  To which John replied "who called the **** an organiser?"
Report gentlemanjohn April 27, 2015 7:24 PM BST
Not that one poker, though it's a belter, but the one recounted in Clive's book. Wattana at the table with a chance of a big break in the Yamaha Organs International for which the prize was an actual Yamaha Organ. Dennis mentions the fact that if Wattana clears up, he can match the high break, to which Pulman replies: "that's all very well Dennis, but what can you do with half an organ?"
Report gentlemanjohn April 27, 2015 7:35 PM BST
Virgo has said twice today that Selby is the only top 8 player not through to q/fs. Parrot just repeated it. Somebody have a word in their ears - Ricky Walden!!!
Report ccd April 27, 2015 7:41 PM BST
Wattana could have gad the white keys and other guy the black'uns! Nice anecdote.
Report appformat April 29, 2015 10:45 PM BST
'these super-fine cloths' landed - WT.
Report appformat April 29, 2015 10:47 PM BST
haha, wrong thread. sorry Cry
Report saxon farm April 29, 2015 11:03 PM BST
Jim Meadowcroft.

This is the most important shot of his life.

As Taylor twitches the World Championship pot!
Report Angel Gabrial April 30, 2015 12:32 AM BST
Virgo has said twice today that Selby is the only top 8 player not through to q/fs. Parrot just repeated it. Somebody have a word in their ears - Ricky Walden!!!

Leave it to me John, i will add it to my list.
Report moondan April 30, 2015 4:35 AM BST
Angel,

My God there is hope for you yetCool

Ray Edmonds would hit my top 5 easily.

Must say it would be hard for me to crab the commentary paring of Virgo and Hendry they have been excellent-- No more than excellent in the match yesterday.
They should be paired all the time.

Does anybody know what is wrong with Johns neck, I was really shocked to see him in what seemed a very unnatural stance, as if he could not move it.
Hope all is well with him.
Report gentlemanjohn April 30, 2015 9:33 AM BST
Dont know what happened to John, moondan, I've read before something about an accident when he was doing panto, but that was a long time ago and dont know if it's related to his current issue.

You'll probably know better than me, but he's an absolute top bloke. Anybody who puts a young tearaway Kirk Stevens up in their house for 6 months deserves a medal as far as i'm concerned, and i've heard how he has given other guys who were struggling a dig-out too. Not to mention he was a solid friend to Alex long after most other people refused to have anything to do with him. His book, higgins and me, is a compulsory read, great stories.
Report Angel Gabrial April 30, 2015 9:52 AM BST
He broke a bone in his back when doing panto about 7 years ago. I think it was Dick Whittington and a boat was being hosted up and it crashed onto the stage. There were a few injured if i remember rightly.
Report Angel Gabrial April 30, 2015 9:53 AM BST
Sorry, i mean 17 years ago. He has been leaning for a long time now.
Report flag of goats February 4, 2018 4:24 PM GMT
Virgo is good.
Report BornToWin February 4, 2018 7:17 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCLXq2a099I
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now