Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Somerset Sam
13 Jan 19 15:21
| Topic/replies: 986 | Blogger: Somerset Sam's blog
Wondering if anyone can advise of websites or metrics they use for doing their own handicapping calculations?
Home field advantage points and the like. Thanks in advance.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Handicapping rugby matches
Show More
Report lody January 18, 2019 11:52 AM GMT
Rugby vision do they’re own winning margin predictions on a number of leagues
Report Somerset Sam February 7, 2019 6:24 AM GMT
Thanks lody.
Report Somerset Sam February 17, 2019 6:56 PM GMT
Seen some opinions of 4.5 points for home field advantage, does that seem about right to people?

Why does nobody seem to have an opinion on this? Surely doing your own calculations and comparing to whats on offer has to be beneficial?
Report hunt lunt and cunningham February 18, 2019 1:34 PM GMT
Well you can first find out who is the referee and if its an English ref and an English side are playing any Australian team in Rugby league, make sure you
give the Aussies approx 10 points as this has been happening over the last few years. Which is a shame as the aussies are normally better than us and dont need the help, but our refs are so scared to upset them that they might not come over again, a la Melbourne last year.
Next look at teams selected , might be big games coming up and senior players rested ie Exeter in several games this year.
French teams playing away dont like it up em and are quick to fold, obviously this isnt all off them though , you have to know which ones.
Look at teams who have had players away on International duty.
Dont bet too early in competitions like Super rugby as it takes a bit of time for things to settle and find out which team are fit.
All the above are really basic though and like any other sport you alone will have to find out value.
Also as another formite has said momentum is a huge element so dont always get involved at the start but get a feel for the game.
Dont ever listen to Hunt lunt and Cunningham.
Pray
Report Kriskin February 24, 2019 6:33 PM GMT
Factoring in the weather conditions is a BIG factor in both Rugby codes. If u know it's going to be wet and windy a few days before a game you can get an edge on the total points and the handicap.
Report stewardsenquirey March 8, 2019 8:36 PM GMT
I enjoy going through the following weekends matches on a Sunday and basically making my own handicaps,Then come Monday I compare them with what the books make and seeing if I think anything stands out value wise.
I do find that at the start of the week you stand more chance of getting some value as they do tend to move during the week(but sadly they don't always move in the direction I'm hoping)
Super 15 is especially tough as so many of the teams use a rotation system.So what might look a decent handicap becomes the complete opposite once you find out they decided to rest 6 1st teamers Whoops
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com