Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hunt lunt and cunningham
04 Jun 18 11:43
| Topic/replies: 3,077 | Blogger: hunt lunt and cunningham's blog
Should Union go the way of Rugby League and just let the side putting the ball in win the scum. I know to forwards out there it will seem like the end of Rugby as they know it but the
time wasted each game is getting beyond a joke. The dross that was being shown on Saturday night between SA and Wales was just so bad that if it carries on like this it will mean
60 mins of Rugby , 20 mins of Scrums. I an not clever enough to know the answer but something has to be done sooner rather than later as it is getting worse.
In the old days the ball had to go down the middle of the tunnel otherwise it was a penalty, now the ball is almost behind the second row and nothing happens , but when one of the props lose their footing it just delays things for minutes. Then you get the referee going on and on and on about how he wants both scrums to behave how he spoke to the teams earlier etc
and it just eats up time. Might as well just put the ball in, get it out and start playing the game again.
Any other ideas Guys?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Scrums in Rugby Union
Show More
Report northanlite June 5, 2018 5:15 AM BST
if the ref or an independent time keeper didn't hit the clock until the ball was in play it would help
and make taking the scrum down pointless. it is annoying when you see scrums not penalised late in the game
that would def have been pinged earlier.
my big bugbear though is boring in, happens pretty much every game.
as has been mentioned on here in the past you rarely see these scrum issues in the amateur game. i guess they just
want to play
Report northanlite June 5, 2018 5:19 AM BST
a proper scrum with the forwards bound properly is a great way of restarting the game
Report curious-cat June 5, 2018 3:03 PM BST
I agree clock stopped will stop teams using faulty scrus to waste time.
Report curious-cat June 5, 2018 3:21 PM BST
scrums

one of my bugbears are refs allowing scrums to be wheeled by the more powerful pack .. although perhaps it's the weaker pack going backwards on one side ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now