Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
02 Jul 17 12:45
| Topic/replies: 16,323 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
In rugby union just how important is it to have a player sent off compared to say, a football match? Thanks in advance. (I'm thinking of the 3rd test match)
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View A question for you rugby lads please..
Show More
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 5:32 PM BST
Anybody? ie. Is it a huge advantage compared to football?
Report northanlite July 2, 2017 6:07 PM BST
Much bigger advantage in rugby seeing as you have to defend the entire width of the pitch and not just the goal. 
I would imagine even more of an advantage in League than Union.
Report northanlite July 2, 2017 6:21 PM BST
I did see some surprising stats a while back that in Union teams who lose a man do win more than you would think and
especially if they keep the full pack on and take a winger off rather than try to play 7 up front. Interestingly after
SBW got carded Hansen took Kaino off and kept a full set of backs. He may have made an error there
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 6:38 PM BST
Many thanks for the reply northanlite. I guess 1.27 for the All Blacks to win the third test seems about right then. I was thinking about 1.4 after the second test but nobody has been fooled by that result it seems.
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 6:45 PM BST
* Given your forum name are you Scottish by any chance?
Report northanlite July 2, 2017 6:49 PM BST
yes but my spelling is a bit suspect Silly
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 7:03 PM BST
Aberdeen perhaps?
Report northanlite July 2, 2017 7:08 PM BST
remarkable powers of deduction Mischief
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 7:10 PM BST
I live in Rosemount. I don't want your address but would you care to share which area you reside in?
Report northanlite July 2, 2017 7:15 PM BST
errrr not far from you by sounds of it. spooky
east, west, or somewhere in middle of Rosemount?
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 7:36 PM BST
More the middle. I used to be able to walk to the Rosemount Bar in less than a two minutes. (not the dreaded square)
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 7:37 PM BST
If I drink local now it's the Noose and Monkey or The Queen Vic.
Report northanlite July 2, 2017 7:47 PM BST
strictly speaking I'm in Midstocket but only round the corner from Rosemount Place. I lived directly opposite the Queen Vic
once upon a time. In fact it opened while I was living there so that must have been about 98/99???
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 8:03 PM BST
I've a good pal who lives in Midstocket Road and also a pal who lives in Cairnfield Place. It's a small world. Who knows, we might meet up for a pint some day.

Horseracing is my game I may add, but a big fan of the All Blacks. Won me a few bob one time which pulled me out of the mire....big time.
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 8:04 PM BST
* 98/99 wouldn't be too far away if I remember correctly.
Report northanlite July 2, 2017 8:08 PM BST
Hmmmmm it's always possible as I do pop in the Vic quite often & also follow the gee gees very closely.
Chances are we have unwittingly crossed paths before somewhere Cool
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 8:11 PM BST
You say you follow the gee gees however I can't recall seeing you post there? Can't blame you really if I've called that right as I can write the script on that place now.
Report northanlite July 2, 2017 8:15 PM BST
I do post now and again, used to post a lot back in the day when people actually discussed horse racing in depth.
Chances of posting without most replies being sarcastic or just outright abuse seem sadly slim these days.
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 8:25 PM BST
Indeed. Anyways I will look in from time to time here and if we ever meet up, the day will be on me, that would include dinner in The Atholl. Don't know your domestic situation but I'm sure you're better half will allow you to get home with a full stomach.

(Dinner and as much cocktails as you like)Cool
Report northanlite July 2, 2017 8:40 PM BST
Not been in The Atholl for donkey's. Last time I was in looked more like a nursing home lounge
than a lounge bar.
Report stewarty b July 2, 2017 8:54 PM BST
A decent meal though. I'm speaking down the line of course if it does take place. If you have a good lady in your life like myself and over indulge, just do what I do when I arrive home. Knock on the door and when she answers just say to her..........

'Take me drunk I'm home.' Cool Will keep in touch on here.
Report stewarty b July 3, 2017 2:26 PM BST
northanlite, if you don't mind me asking, is rugby your main source of betting or do you also do the horses?
Report a bitofinterest July 3, 2017 8:40 PM BST
LOVE IS IN THE AIR
Report northanlite July 4, 2017 9:26 AM BST
^ I'm glad to hear it, good luck with that

TAYQ SB, Way more on horses although nothing like I used to, which is not entirely by choice.
Report stewarty b July 4, 2017 3:22 PM BST
Well, if we do meet up in the future at least we will have something in common to discuss. I'm sure I could enlighten you on certain matters of the game and hopefully vice versa.
Report curious-cat July 6, 2017 8:26 PM BST
bito

it's nothing of the sort ...........

I prefer one person with 2 accounts Devil
Report northanlite July 8, 2017 7:50 AM BST
^ WTF is that supposed to mean?
Report sofiakenny July 8, 2017 1:21 PM BST
northanite..your new friend has failed to tell you that he is a "Rangers Man"...and a weege.
Report northanlite July 8, 2017 11:30 PM BST
Really!!! that's a bit of a deal breaker. If he is Weegie & a gers man I can just about forgive that.
If he is an Aberdonian then frankly there are no excuses available Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now