Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dr Crippen
09 Jul 18 11:04
| Topic/replies: 6,492 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
Where is he?
Where's he been?
When's he coming back?

Last seen peering over the top of his chesterfield, watching out in case someone asks him for his opinion.

Has there ever been a lower profile leader than this nonentity?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Come out Corbyn wherever you are.
Show More
Report InsiderTrader July 9, 2018 11:08 AM BST
Best policy for him is keep quite and let May destroy the Tory party and then he can come in and destroy the country.
Report anxious July 9, 2018 11:08 AM BST
He already said that May was able to deliver Brexit this morning Crippen
Report anxious July 9, 2018 11:08 AM BST
was not able
Report Dr Crippen July 9, 2018 11:26 AM BST
I've been listening to news reports and interviews since six o'clock this morning, and I haven't heard a word from Corbyn on the subject.
And nothing over the weekend either.

What about the people who voted for him in the last election?
You'd think he'd show them a bit of respect and speak out.
Report InsiderTrader July 9, 2018 11:36 AM BST
Theresa May must call general election if she cannot win support for final Brexit deal, Jeremy Corbyn says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-theresa-may-call-general-election-jeremy-corbyn-eu-withdrawal-a8436201.html
Report SontaranStratagem July 9, 2018 11:47 AM BST
He's playing the perfect game

Like a detective, he's letting Theresa May talk and talk, giving her enough rope to hang herself

But she wont call an election that is for sure, she should be finished and walk, but I've been saying that since the election last year Cry
Report Dr Crippen July 9, 2018 12:26 PM BST
Corbyn's silence simply means he hasn't got a practical position on Brexit.

When asked if the Chequers meeting means that a second referendum is more likely he fails to reply.
Then calls for a general election.

He's got less commitment to delivering a proper Brexit than May has.
Report tanglefoot July 9, 2018 12:30 PM BST
Agree with Dr Crippen,Corbyn has a split party, so he is frozen
Report Dotchinite July 9, 2018 12:31 PM BST
Corbyn is still plotting to find a way to get the ultra hard Brexit him and Mac want but he has the overwhelming amount of Labour MPS against him.

Brexit could yet cost both May and Corbyn their jobs.
Report Esox July 9, 2018 12:46 PM BST
The brexit vote was won an a very small majority. So the country is divided. Politicians are divided. I am not defending Teresa May I don't want her as prime minister but it is obvious that it is impossible to please everybody. No wonder Cameron quit.
Report Dr Crippen July 9, 2018 1:30 PM BST
Cameron quit because he gave remain everything he'd got, and the country rejected the EU and him into the bargain.
So how could he commit himself to delivering Brexit?

He had no option to resign under the circumstances.
Report Dr Crippen July 14, 2018 11:29 AM BST
Stop press news!
Corbyn's been sighted in London.

While everyone else in politics has been busy scrutinising the latest Brexit proposals, Jeremy was hard at it drawing up plans for the anti-Trump demonstrations.
Working cheek by jowl with little Khan.

Leaving the formidable Emily Thornberry to do the heavy lifting, slagging off Trump in front of the cameras at a safe distance from the pair of them of course.

Hard to believe Thornberry is Corbyn's Shadow Foreign Secretary by the way.
Most people would shrink away from having her as any secretary with her foghorn gob, and a frown that could stop a clock.
Report moisok July 14, 2018 7:22 PM BST
Oh I don't know.  I just might.  But then I am rather old and grateful for any attention.
Report Foinavon July 16, 2018 9:48 AM BST
Shocked She would bite your head off Mo (and that's the least of it).
Report treetop August 11, 2018 9:45 PM BST
Even the radio 4 listeners on Any Answers said Corbyn has gone missing when I comes to leadership in the  country,May fudges too much and Cable doesn't bother turning up. A reasonable assessment of the Parliamentary leadership.
Report Foinavon August 11, 2018 10:40 PM BST
I suspect a challenge to Mrs May will come very soon. With her gone, the chances of a Corbyn premiership should evaporate too.
Report sageform August 12, 2018 11:19 AM BST
He is not used to having to work during the summer recess.
Report melv August 12, 2018 12:58 PM BST
The brexit vote was won an a very small majority. So the country is divided. Politicians are divided. I am not defending Teresa May I don't want her as prime minister but it is obvious that it is impossible to please everybody. No wonder Cameron quit. Correctt Esox.

Its one of the many things Brexit do not accept.

Another is the Abba syndrome. We won we won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyIOl-s7JTU

Trouble is Brexit have not an iota of a clue what they have won. Neither has anyone else.

God knows what the Europeans think of us. Or what they think we want. Unless its all the advantages of being in the EU and non of the responsivities.

Neither do Brexit have a clue that every trade deal involves accepting other peoples rules regulations and conditions. Including the WTO.

Corbyn is wize to stay as far as possible from this mess.
Report treetop August 12, 2018 11:33 PM BST
Just a hint melv, the issue is leadership , or lack of, from Corbyn. Stay out of it as long as you like but...…?
Report melv August 13, 2018 4:59 AM BST
Yes but he is place holder in full knowledge that who ever leads Labour the gutter media will try to annihilate him or her. Remember "Millibands father was a traitor."

So....in order for  Sir Keir Starmer to get on with his brilliant highly competent work on Brexit before he steps in just before the Election…….Corbyn take all the flack and continues to build an ant-Blairite left Labour.. He never wanted the job in the first place
Report Dr Crippen August 13, 2018 11:43 AM BST
Remember "Millibands father was a traitor."

No I don't his father being called a traitor, but I remember the press reporting accurately that he was a red-hot communist.
Report Dr Crippen August 13, 2018 11:49 AM BST
Sir Keir Starmer to get on with his brilliant highly competent work on Brexit

What brilliant work was that? Criticising all and sundry while calling for an Bexit in name only?

He's in the pockets of the EU. And clearly doesn't believe in following the democratic vote of the people.

I prefer Corbyn, at least there's a spark of independence in his views.
Report treetop August 13, 2018 12:05 PM BST
Miliband's father was a clear hypocrite,spouting communism whilst owning two homes and avoiding tax by using trusts to reduce inheritance tax. Do as I say,not do a I do.
Report alun2005 August 13, 2018 5:39 PM BST
Corbyn did manage to find time to pop up here in 2014. There was absolutely no need for him to be there, but naturally he could not resist.

Any other political leader would have been told to resign by now, and by their own side at that. He and his cronies couldn't give a monkey's obviously. They are seemingly quite proud of it all.

https://order-order.com/2018/08/13/corbyn-dont-think-involved-wreath-laying-munich-killers/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6055287/Jeremy-Corbyn-not-faced-cameras-wreath-laying-scandal.html
Report anxious August 13, 2018 6:33 PM BST
Again another example by the spiteful right wing attempting to discredit and smear  Corbyn at every oppurtunity led as usual by the right wing bar room bores in company with usual suspects the daily mail and its billionaire owners
Report anxious August 13, 2018 6:35 PM BST
The ruling class showing how much they fear change to their power and money and their squalid bent tory system
Report InsiderTrader August 13, 2018 6:45 PM BST
Nothing to smear in this case anxious.

Just totally disgusting behaviour.

Unless of course you support the acts of massacre by the Munich terrorists against innocent athletes.
Report flushgordon1 August 13, 2018 6:48 PM BST
Ira,Hamas,plo absolute filth
Report anxious August 13, 2018 6:49 PM BST
Another pathetic attempt by the ruling class and its cheerleaders to divert attention
Report anxious August 13, 2018 6:50 PM BST
Their are 2 sides to every conflict not that Imperialists ever admit to that
Report InsiderTrader August 13, 2018 6:52 PM BST
So you think it is right to honor terrorists who slaughter athletes are at the Olympics Anxious?
Report anxious August 13, 2018 6:54 PM BST
I never said that , all killing is wrong
Report anxious August 13, 2018 6:55 PM BST
Do the tories and the ruling class ever support and arm so called terrorists?
Report flushgordon1 August 13, 2018 6:57 PM BST
Fly with the crows ,get shot down with the crows.
Report InsiderTrader August 13, 2018 7:08 PM BST
Yes Anxious all killings are wrong. Which other leaders have actually held wreaths at ceremonies for the people responsible for murdering athletes in cold blood?
Report anxious August 13, 2018 7:12 PM BST
IT you are so naive and blinkered, not to mention brainwashed by the ruling class and its cheerleaders
Report flushgordon1 August 13, 2018 7:19 PM BST
The ruling class?  Like professional politicians who have never done a days work in their lives for example.
Report InsiderTrader August 13, 2018 7:21 PM BST
Not at all in this case Anxious.

He lied saying he was there for something else and has no been caught out and admitted it.

I have never before heard a leader actually at a memorial with a wreath for murders of innocent people before. Things can happen in war people are not proud of but to actually be there honoring killers like this is surely unacceptable?

If all killing is wrong (which it is) you cannot also honor people who kill innocents in cold blood.
Report anxious August 13, 2018 7:27 PM BST
The hypocrisy of somebody like netanyahu criticising corbyn , he needs to look at himself and his own disgraceful past
Report InsiderTrader August 13, 2018 7:32 PM BST
I take that as a 'no' then anxious.

You cannot give an example of another leader with a wreath to honor cold blooded terrorists who took part in one of the most disgusting terrorist acts ever known.
Report Dr Crippen August 13, 2018 7:34 PM BST
anxious only posts if he can work the word 'spiv' in somewhere.
Report alun2005 August 13, 2018 7:59 PM BST
Lest we forget, Corbyn has been enthusiastic about all sorts of grubby people and causes for DECADES. He was pretty shameless about it too, knowing that his MP job was pretty safe if all else failed.   

It's only since he became Labour Leader, with the tantalising prospect of being PM in view, that he's been hoping to keep that grubby past hidden from your average non-political voter. He even had the effrontery to try and retrospectively paint himself as a "peacemaker" during "The Troubles" in Ireland.

Alas his attempts to rewrite his past history are struggling to keep pace with the actual body of evidence.
Report politicspunter August 13, 2018 10:25 PM BST
It didn't stop him bringing the Labour vote up from 25% to 40% at the general election...
Report InsiderTrader August 13, 2018 10:29 PM BST
That was a strange campaign.

The youth very much liked Corbyn on dealing with Uni fees.

Anyone of that age would be mad not to save £9k a year plus the 'deal with' debts.

At the same time May and 'her team' who were not the rest of the cabinet/MPs/party came up with an idea for social care that has not been mentioned before or since that the rich homeowner class did not like.
Report anxious August 13, 2018 10:38 PM BST
No people were and still are sick to death of the failed spiv system which has destroyed the economic and social fabric of this country , because of the constant brainwashing and smears by the bilionaire foriegn owned biased bitter right wing press  the people unfortunately believe there is no alternative
Report anxious August 13, 2018 10:40 PM BST
Wonga wonga wonga and trickle down , that about sums the bent tory system up
Report alun2005 August 15, 2018 2:30 PM BST
Poor old accident-prone Jeremy. 

He continually seems to find himself in unfortunate company, bouncing from one dreadful situation to another.

Hang on though. Let me guess. This latest shameful photograph was all Photoshopped and the story made up by the fascist racist pro-Israeli spiv press. Right?

Maybe Corbyn would be better off doing a fact-finding tour of places in Britain such as Huddersfield, asking local citizens why their town has become a cesspool of child rape?

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-08-15/corbyn-was-standing-up-for-democracy-by-giving-islamists-salute-labour-says/
Report jollyswagman August 15, 2018 3:29 PM BST
trader

'I have never before heard a leader actually at a memorial with a wreath for murders of innocent people before. Things can happen in war people are not proud of but to actually be there honoring killers like this is surely unacceptable?'

menachem begin personally ordered the bombing of the king david hotel which resulted in 91 deaths and he went on to become pm of israel, i'd say that makes corbyn's wreath laying look a bit lame.

about a decade ago former irgun fighters (aka terrorists) and right wing politicians unveiled a plaque commemorating the attack.

the current pm of israel spoke at the 85th anniversary of the founding of the irgun, or Etzel, the pre-state underground militia led by menachem begin. some other 'highlights' of this wonderful organisation -

(from yesterday's haaretz)

below is a tiny sample, a drop in the enormous bucket of praiseworthy deeds carried out by the heroes of the Irgun and the Lehi (the militia once led by Yitzhak Shamir and known as the Stern Gang). All are from approved Revisionist sources:

Nov. 14, 1937 — Irgun gunment in Jerusalem carry out a “shooting attack,” killing two Arab pedestrians in Rehavia. Later, snipers fires at an Arab bus, killing three passengers and wounding eight. Bravo, Irgun!

April 17, 1938 — For the first time (but not the last), the Irgun throws a bomb into an Arab cafe, with middling results: one person killed, six wounded.

Memorial for victims of Deir Yassin massacre that left 245 Israeli Arab villagers dead 
Memorial for victims of Deir Yassin massacre that left 245 Israeli Arab villagers deadCredit: Alex Levac

July 5, 1938 — A series of terror attacks on pedestrians in Jaffa, Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Bombs and shooting at buses. The results improve: 11 Arabs die, 22 are wounded.

July 6, 1938 — The Irgun plants an explosive device in a Haifa open-air market, out of “political motivations.” The device comprised a few metal milk cans, stuffed with explosives and nails: 18 Arabs killed, 38 injured.

July 16, 1938 — A similar device in the Arab shuk in Jerusalem: 10 dead, 31 injured.

July 26, 1938 — Haifa again, and another Irgun explosive device: 27 Arabs are killed, 46 are injured.

Aug. 26, 1938 — The shuk in Jaffa this time. “A powerful device,” as they say. The Irgun claims responsibility: 24 Arabs die, 35 are injured.

May 29, 1939 — The Irgun blows up a movie theater in Jerusalem: five audience members killed, 18 injured.

June 20, 1939 — A particularly successful shuk operation: 78 Arabs (and a donkey) are murdered in an explosion in a Haifa open-air market. The donkey was booby-trapped.

During June and July 1939 the Irgun killed dozens of people across the country. The victims’ only crime was being Arab. Even the Irgun doesn’t claim otherwise.

A few relatively tranquil years go by, but toward the end of the British Mandate these glorious combat operations resume their frenzy.

Dec. 4, 1947 — Bombs in cafes, a barrel bomb at a bus station, grenades thrown, shootings: Dozens of Arabs are killed.

Dec. 29, 1947 — An Irgun bomb at the Damascus Gate of Jerusalem’s Old City: 17 fatalities.

Dec. 30, 1947 — Irgun members attack a group of Arab laborers in the Haifa Bay, killing six and injuring 40.

Jan. 4, 1948 — A Lehi car bomb in Jaffa kills 70 Arabs.

Jan. 7, 1948 — The Irgun tries to catch up to its “little brother” with a bomb at the Jaffa Gate of Jerusalem’s Old City. Only 24 Arabs killed.

Feb. 18, 1948 — A bomb in the Ramle market kills 37 Arabs.

And to top it off — April 9, 1948: The Irgun enters Deir Yassin, on the outskirts of Jerusalem, and massacres 245 villagers. Six days later, an Arab mob attacks a medical convoy on its way to Jerusalem’s Mount Scopus, slaughtering 36 people. (Anyone drawing hasty conclusions regarding the proximity of these two events is nothing more than an evil post-Zionist).

at one stage being a terrorist/freedom fighter was almost de rigueur for being israeli pm and the current pm of israel celebrates terrorism and mass murder on a glorious scale but condemns corbyn for attending a wreath laying ceremony.

clearly all terrorist attacks are bad, but to describe the murder of eleven people as 'one of the most disgusting terrorist acts ever known.' is pure hyperbole. sadly, there have probably been thousands of worse atrocities during the course of history. only the other day some of your hero's friends in the middle east (not sure if saudi arabia or uae) blew up a bus full of school children, maybe that doesnt count as terrorism???
Report jollyswagman August 15, 2018 3:32 PM BST
anxious, it's fairly obvious there is a systematic effort to go after corbyn but bearing in mind he has spent decades associating with people who support political violence it is hardly surprising.
Report InsiderTrader August 15, 2018 3:37 PM BST
jollyswagman goes over some archives from around WW2 to try to justify Corbyn.

Disgraceful.
Report jollyswagman August 15, 2018 3:47 PM BST
oh dear, blatantly lying as ever. i havent sought to justify corbyn at all, he's a tool. you said you had never heard of a leader celebrating terrorism, i gave you an example and listed some of the events he is happy to be associated with.

an attempt at deflection by mentioning ww2 which is completely irrelevant, another of your tactics.

you condemn corbyn for associating with terrorists but have nothing to say about the israeli pm celebrating terrorists. that certainly is disgraceful.
Report jollyswagman August 15, 2018 3:53 PM BST
disgraceful that you think corbyn laying a wreath is worse than someone ordering an attack that killed 91 people (about a third of whom were british). if i was to use your tactics i'd say you are a traitor who supports zionist murders of british people.
Report lfc1971 August 15, 2018 4:18 PM BST
More people die than want to die in the Middle East , however it is very simple
If Corbyn , knowingly laid a wreath at the grave of the Munich terrorists he should not be allowed to enter the British Parliament in any capacity again

And , if it is true , anyone who would vote for such a person is a comtemptable individual who should never be trusted

I
Report jollyswagman August 15, 2018 4:28 PM BST
he's a dangerous idiot lfc, who would deny that?
Report jollyswagman August 15, 2018 4:35 PM BST
how does he claim to be a man of principle when, after being anti the eu for decades, he is happy to sit on the sidelines and do nothing as we head towards the likely disaster of a no deal brexit? happy to let the country go to ruin if it means he gets to be pm.
Report lfc1971 August 15, 2018 4:36 PM BST
He wants Britain to stay in the EU , the opposite of what people think
Report politicspunter August 15, 2018 4:37 PM BST
Where would it all end if we started enquiries into British politicians associating with persons who have carried out terror acts and have carried out acts of mass murder themselves?  Thatcher, Blair, the sinking of the Belgrano, General Pinochet of Chile, Robert Mugabe, Winston Churchill, Stalin...the list would be simply endless.
Report lfc1971 August 15, 2018 4:43 PM BST
They don’t associate with them , they talk to them
We talked to Hitler as well , that didn’t stop us getting rid of him

Of course the Irish government sent a letter of condolence to Berlin when they heard of Hitlers death
That’s the sort of stupid thing Corbyn would do
Report jollyswagman August 15, 2018 4:52 PM BST
indeed politicspunter, thatcher's friend pinochet, what a man. might i add ceausescu, like uncle bob given a gong.

trader said he hadnt heard of a leader honouring terrorists but cant accept a factual account from an israeli newspaper of just such an event.
Report lfc1971 August 15, 2018 5:02 PM BST
Don’t complain about the leader of Israel , if you are prepared to vote for Corbyn ( if what is said he did is true )
Report anxious August 15, 2018 5:04 PM BST
Netanhayu good grief there is a warmonger a fraudster to mention just a couple on a long list , not a man to be trusted
Report lfc1971 August 15, 2018 5:07 PM BST
You’ll not be voting for him anxious
Report Dr Crippen August 15, 2018 5:09 PM BST
The thing to note about Corbyn's associations and when he pays his respects for the dead, is that no one from a Jewish background is ever included.

Does anyone not see the obvious conclusion that must be drawn from that?
Report politicspunter August 15, 2018 5:28 PM BST

Aug 15, 2018 -- 5:09PM, Dr Crippen wrote:

The thing to note about Corbyn's associations and when he pays his respects for the dead, is that no one from a Jewish background is ever included.Does anyone not see the obvious conclusion that must be drawn from that?

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/824708732504473601

There you go Crippen. Here's Jeremy Corbyn signing the Holocaust Memorial Book which he said about the ceremony "he was honoured to attend".

Report gutfeeling August 15, 2018 7:07 PM BST
Have seen the U.K. reports that Jeremy Corbyn laid a wreath at the grave of the Munich Terrorists in Tunisia.
This report carries the small logistical problem of the Munich Terrorists being buried in Libya, not Tunisia.
The commemoration Jeremy attended was to mark the 1985 bombing of Tunisia by Israel that killed 47. Now, in fairness to the Daily Mail, Libya and Tunisia are in the minds of its readership as much of a muchness.
But if you crack out that atlas and scroll your finger along North Africa you’ll see them damn natives actually make up two different countries.
I can confirm Jeremy has never attended a wreath laying ceremony in Libya, nor has he attended the service of a Munich Terrorist.
Enjoy the rest of your day folks.x

From Dennis Skinner.
Report Dr Crippen August 15, 2018 7:56 PM BST
Did you notice the first comment down pp?

were you advised to attend in a Three Line Whip?

Probably had to go on an expenses paid visit as part of the job.
Report anxious August 15, 2018 8:17 PM BST
The Beast of Bolsover terrifies the spivs Cool
Report lfc1971 August 15, 2018 8:28 PM BST
There again with gutfeelings post we can see why we need a full inquiry into this incident

Was Corbyn involved in a ceremony to lay a wreath at the graveside of PLO terrorists involved in the Munich massacre or not

I don’t think gutfeeling is giving us the full and comprehensive picture , a bit like Corbyn himself
Report lfc1971 August 15, 2018 8:35 PM BST
Now that should be very easy to find out , whose graves were they , what were their names , how did they come to be there old age ?
What organisation did they belong to if any , what terrorist atrocities were they directly and indirectly involved in etc etc

What did Corbyn know of any of this , these are the questions that can be easily answered
But still we have no answers , not from Corbyn , nor from that post from skinner

An inquiry would clear this up , unless there is something to hide
Report politicspunter August 15, 2018 8:36 PM BST
Skinner- Half the Tory MPs are crooks.

Speaker-Withdraw that remark!

Skinner-Ok, half the Tory MPs aren't crooks.
Report lfc1971 August 15, 2018 8:38 PM BST
Skinners not the worst , but he’s a bit senile now
Report gutfeeling August 15, 2018 9:37 PM BST
I was just sharing D Skinners post on the matter lfc,

Nothing more nothing less because of all talking about this in the political sphere I'd trust him more than most.
Report treetop August 15, 2018 10:29 PM BST
In defence of Natanyahu I believe his brother was the only commando killed during the Entebbe raid,if so it may explain his contempt for terrorists who kill in cold blood and politicians that condone it.
Report akabula August 16, 2018 9:37 AM BST
The Beast of Bolsover terrifies the spivs

A career politician of the worst kind.
Easy dosh sitting on the sidelines and throwing out the occasional sarcastic comment.
Report akabula August 16, 2018 9:39 AM BST
Getting back to DrCs poser maybe he's laying a wreath somewhere.
Report melv August 16, 2018 12:56 PM BST
When Jeremy comes out you are all going to get rolled over.ExcitedLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now