Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
macarony
08 Jul 18 23:07
| Topic/replies: 3,300 | Blogger: macarony's blog
It will be the first of many
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View What Most People Do Not Understand...
Show More
Report Wallflower July 8, 2018 11:22 PM BST
Ehmm, its not a deal.  That's the first thing to understand.

Its our initial proposition to the EU - 2 years late - which will be (correctly and inevitably) rejected by the EU.

But you are right, it will be the first of many.......capitulations. I've assumed that what you mean.
Report tanglefoot July 8, 2018 11:23 PM BST
The May deal is a massive defeat for the people of the U.K., where they must pay £39 bn for the privilege of defeat,the U.K. would have been wiser then just to stay in the EU.
Report markzzz July 9, 2018 10:54 AM BST
I was (and still am) a devout leaver. But anything like this latest negotiation basis would be far worse than remain.

Even when the referendum result was a majority for leave I fully expected those who know better (politicians) than us to water it down significantly and to spit in the face of democracy, but they have done that to a far greater extent than I could have imagined.
Report Johnny The Guesser July 12, 2018 9:40 PM BST
We have to hold our nerve. The EU will take this to the wire and beyond. Even if there is stuff offered up they like , it will be rejected until the very last minute and beyond. It is the way they negotiate.

The more our need for certainty and resolution , the more they will use that against us.

We have to make them realise that walking away with "no deal" is a real option. We may even have to do it !

They will then come crawling back - they have to. They sell £100 billion more stuff to us than we buy from them.
Report TheBetterBettor July 13, 2018 7:54 AM BST
It's equivalent of voting to leagalize pot...and all we just get is the lowering of age of buying tobacco.
Report sageform July 13, 2018 5:30 PM BST
The EU have only one objective. To keep the UK in the EU and obeying EU rules and paying in mega sums of money to keep the whole thing afloat. They will never agree to any other deal. That is why we must just go.
Report moisok July 13, 2018 9:59 PM BST
Merkel controling from her bunker

has this ever happened before?
Report gutfeeling July 13, 2018 11:06 PM BST
Do people really think the EU needs us more than we need it.

We rely on the EASA - approvals for; airport operators, aitrlines, pilot licences, maintenance engineers, airplanes and aerospace components.
Without it or a official body recognised in the same capacity the day we exit the EU they'll be no international flights & no aerospace exports ANYWHERE in the UK.

We rely on the EMA, Same again above this time no medical imports / exports to the Uk so any medicines or equipment used in the UK or sold by us is stopped, Not for a few days, STOPPED.

That's just 2 there'd be another 40 or 50 regulatory bodies we rely upon here so we'll need our own versions of each, Then each approved then each can start negotiating trade deals.

How much will that cost, How long will it take, How much will we have lost by then, How much damage will have been done.

I don't really think people understand the gravity of this situation at all thinking if we walk away it'll just mean a few extra days or weeks more paperwork.

Also how will our standing as a nation suffer given we'd happily walk out on a pre made deal, Think those wanting to trade would feel we are trustworthy after that.

The whole thing is sh@t chips & double w@nk.
Report tony57 July 13, 2018 11:18 PM BST
lots of countrys are members of organisations without being members of the eu? we are the 5th largest economy..the eu is is in deep trouble..spain greece italy hungary all have majors problems we PAY ALOT OF MONEY to the eu..thats what has them worried..
Report sageform July 14, 2018 12:27 PM BST
gutfeeling, we will not be subject to these EU regulators unless we wish to fly to the EU and do you really believe that they would not recognise a new UK authority with the same powers and regulations? How do American planes fly to the EU? I suspect that most of the regulations originated here anyway. How will EU citizens react to being told that they can't fly to UK or connect from London to New York etc.? Sack the regulators asap.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now