Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
InsiderTrader
03 Jul 18 13:35
| Topic/replies: 6,535 | Blogger: InsiderTrader's blog
Cannot help but think something is being done to undermine our faith in the NHS. Is there a political agenda in this? Is it setting the NHS to be privatised so healthcare is more accountable? I am not sure but it seems to be something anti-NHS all the time at the moment.

For instance last week it was the Gosport incidents.

yesterday it was about a data breach:

NHS data breach affects 150,000 patients in England

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44682369

Today it is:

Countess of Chester Hospital: Woman held in baby deaths probe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44696813
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Why is the media agenda suddenly...
Show More
Report bigpoppapump July 3, 2018 1:38 PM BST
maybe it's the reporting of things that have happened.

just putting it out there

(FFS)
Report Foinavon July 3, 2018 4:01 PM BST
Years ago (when Labour were considering leaving the EC without a referendum) Barbara Castle warned of the destructive effect competition laws could have on the status of the NHS. Latterly David Owen repeated the warning, since European legislation has already been agreed by the Blair government, that the NHS would progress to a Nationalised Health Insurance provider using private services and goods suppliers. The change is already underway. We could of course slow or change this when we have fully left the EU.
Report InsiderTrader July 3, 2018 4:08 PM BST
bigpoppapump
03 Jul 18 13:38
| Topic/replies: 5,478 | Blogger: bigpoppapump's blog
maybe it's the reporting of things that have happened.

just putting it out there

(FFS)

^

Indeed but plenty of things go unreported. The news agenda certainly seems to move along in a controlled manner.

A couple of weeks ago we were all told to talk about legalising some drugs. Not discussed much before or since but in every media as a talking point all at once.
Report Foinavon July 3, 2018 4:20 PM BST
You know, it's odd, but I don't recall anyone officially telling us that in the run up to the referendum, do you? I mean, I read it in David Owen's book but he wasn't in Government at the time.
Report treetop July 4, 2018 7:04 PM BST
The media respond to press releases from quangos and political groups. Labour and many quangos have gone quiet on the NHS after Mays increase announcement so the news feed has dried up to so called journalists who never leave the chair in the office except to collect a coffee.
Report enpassant July 4, 2018 7:25 PM BST
Isis were a huge threat with their trucks and machine guns !
North Korea were about to plunge the world into nuclear war !
Russia is back !

Tell the people what they should fear, sit back and control.

The Tory rancid party do not want the NHS to be successful - they are running into the dirt so the people will be happy to see the back of it in 20 years.
Report treetop July 5, 2018 9:48 PM BST
A cunning plan to give them even more money then ! Crafty sods.
Report enpassant July 5, 2018 11:05 PM BST
More money hahaha excellent  !
Report treetop July 6, 2018 5:43 PM BST
Some time ago I looked at national accounts expenditure ep, the percentage of GDP spent on the NHS rose consistently from 14% to approx. 18% and the lump sum spent rose every year (didn't account for inflation or pfi fiddling). It rises but the quangos whinge every year,about time the NHS managers stepped up and earned their 6 figure salaries instead of passing the buck upwards to the Treasury.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now