Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
flag of goats
26 Jun 18 23:33
| Topic/replies: 269 | Blogger: flag of goats's blog
The marchers who were at the pro-EU remain demonstration at the weekend seemed to think any people’s vote should represent on a ballot paper either:
a) yes to Brexit and acceptance of the deal on the table or
b) no deal and an immediate return to the EU with Article 50 being rescinded.

Surely with the likelihood of a soft Brexit there might be many of the 17.4 million who also aren’t happy with the soft Brexit deal and wouldn’t accept it but for different reasons to the Remainers.

Either this hasn’t been thought through properly or the whole thing is a back handed way of staying in the EU?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View A “people’s vote” on Brexit
Show More
Report moisok June 26, 2018 11:50 PM BST
the pressure is huge to stop what was not expected
Report Foinavon June 27, 2018 12:47 AM BST
We've already voted to leave the EU. If there were to be a vote on the deal it should reflect this, the choice being Accept the deal or Leave without a deal.
Report akabula June 27, 2018 6:34 AM BST
Lets say we allowed a vote. If people vote for the deal then okay no problems but what happens if they vote no?
Is that it? Surely not. So we go back and renegotiate but given the number ofd issues how will we know what it was that made people vote against the deal.
Anyways we go back and get a few things changed, what next? Do we then put that to the voters?
The whole thing is a red herring by the remainers desperate to alter the result of the vote.
Foinavons post is the most sensible I've seen on the issue.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip June 27, 2018 7:40 AM BST
A so called soft brexit wouldn't have been a logical thing for anyone to vote for 2 years ago. It would have been a vote to stay in the EU but give up any influence over it. The only way to make leaving improve the UKs position was always and still is to leave it all behind.
Report lfc1971 June 27, 2018 8:31 AM BST
There is not really a very big problem with a soft Brexit as long as the referendum result is respected

This means that freedom of movement must stop , that was fundamental to the referendum . if a soft Brexit is achievable , it will mean the EU will
have to accomadate this
I’m not sure they are capable of doing this but it is possible
Report tony57 June 27, 2018 9:50 AM BST
this will go down to the last few hours..when all these deals are done in the EU...this is just headlines for now..but i hope our team walk out....i fear not and will give away far too much ..but my red line is as long as its the people who WE VOTE FOR WHO CONTROL ALL THE DECISIONS (british goverment)we get our waters and money back..then i,ll be ok..cos if im not happy i can vote them out...right now its the eu who are masters in my home....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now