Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unitedbiscuits
22 Jun 18 19:00
| Topic/replies: 29,552 | Blogger: unitedbiscuits's blog
If you cannot be at Royal Ascot tomorrow, this is the where it's at.
Fine weather forecast, proper order.
#FBPE
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Stop Brexit march, Central London.
Show More
Report akabula June 24, 2018 9:13 PM BST
I was right. LaughLaughLaughLaugh
You write some twaddle.
Report akabula June 24, 2018 9:16 PM BST
When are you going to realise you lost and we are on our way out of the EU.
Stop punishing yourself with meaningless nonsense. According to you we were going to be bankrupt by now.
Not too late though to join the fun and rejoice in our freedom as we shake off the shackles.
Report unitedbiscuits June 24, 2018 9:21 PM BST
It was a profitable move, aka.
You should be on your knees in thanks but, as I remember, you can show a dog a clock but you can't make it tell the time. Sorry if that seems harsh but you did say that a crashing £ would only affect the value of your Betfair balance if you made a withdrawal.
Report unitedbiscuits June 24, 2018 9:24 PM BST
I may have to bump the thread.
Report moisok June 24, 2018 9:27 PM BST
no biscuits it was not a thread about getting money out of the uk

it was your wishing the worst on the rest of the population

very nasty at the time - not your prevaracating attempt at a deflecting excuse for what you typed

years ago
Report unitedbiscuits June 24, 2018 9:32 PM BST
Well I stand by that too. I only wish that we could separate those who voted Leave to bear all of the losses themselves.
But it doesn't matter what you wish for, it only matters what you DO. Hence, I have bumped the thread "Get all your money out of the UK." Show a bit of gratitude mo.
Report moisok June 24, 2018 9:34 PM BST
no its not and it is not what you said
nothing to do with trading or money etc

you clearly said in an extremely nasty and selfish way how you wished the worst on the rest
I have never forgotten your arrogant vicious statement
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 24, 2018 9:34 PM BST
Jesus IT, again we've been through this.

Take the local pizza place. He has 5 guys on minimum wage which overnight goes up by 20%. Who's paying for that do you think? Does this small business owner see his own salary drop a big chunk to pay for it? Or does he simply charge more? You get inflation and you get small businesses closer to being at the mercy of big competitors who can afford to go profit free for 6 months in order to drive out competition.

Your proposed solution is no solution at all.
Report unitedbiscuits June 24, 2018 9:36 PM BST
Bump it then, mo. Sorry if I was nasty but I stand by it.
Report moisok June 24, 2018 9:41 PM BST
the remainers like ub and porky have no interest in the welfare of our people or the economy

ub is a simple trader - a particularly odious type who insulted anyone who had voted leave and wished them the worst

I have never forgotten it as any who were around at the time remember
Report InsiderTrader June 24, 2018 9:41 PM BST
unitedbiscuits
24 Jun 18 20:28
| Topic/replies: 8,735 | Blogger: unitedbiscuits's blog
IT that is a regulation like, say, a lorry-driver's tachograph. There for a practical reason.

The question you are avoiding is: when and how did the EU ever force you to do something against your volition?

^

Ever regulation can claim to have a practical reason.

But those unelected people in the EU just love to impose this red tape.

Big business loves it as it stops innovation from small players.

Millions of hours of time as been wasted changing websites terms etc for this unelected official's whim to be met.
Report moisok June 24, 2018 9:47 PM BST
european army

tighter fiscal relations

vat

taxes  all decided by a few

ho ho ho

350 million euro  sponsored propaganda department

they fund institutions with millions and millions in this country

what's not to like

as long as it produces the right result
Report unitedbiscuits June 24, 2018 9:58 PM BST
Do I want Brexit to fail? Certainly.
Do I wish the damage was borne alone by the people who caused it? Most assuredly.
Am I sorry that I was nasty to you? Not really.
It is the duty of everyone to look out for his family above others.
Moisok you have made scant attempt to quote me accurately. So I think to leave your game of "verbal chess."
Report unitedbiscuits June 24, 2018 10:06 PM BST
"Red tape" may be there for a common-good reason: Say, the cladding of a building meeting standards of fire-resistance' or protecting workplace pensions. Other regulations may align the single market.
I'd be sceptical of promises to make a bonfire of regulations.
Report flushgordon1 June 24, 2018 10:13 PM BST
So what your saying is if we are in the eu grenfell would have been prevented.
Report akabula June 24, 2018 10:15 PM BST
Tis truly a sad sight to see these losers clutching at straws.
Say what you like and post as much 'evidence' as you want but nothing can change the fact that we are on our way out of the EU.
Rejoice in our independence. Cool
Report akabula June 24, 2018 10:17 PM BST
Trying to score points for Grenfell? That's shockingly poor.
Report moisok June 24, 2018 10:19 PM BST
biscuits doesn't like the fact that some of us have long memories about his callous broadcast when he lost his bet in a hissy fit
Report unitedbiscuits June 24, 2018 10:30 PM BST
No I didn't raise the subject of Grenfell but, since you have:

Today’s papers carry revelations about the cladding material used in Grenfell Tower, with claims that the choice of a material banned in the US and Germany may have saved £5,000 on a fire-resistant alternative – or 0.06 per cent of the £8.6m cost of the refurbishment. It’s too early to say how big a part this played in the needless tragedy. But we can already learn lessons from the policy context that facilitated it.

That context is one of “regulatory austerity”: an irresponsible race to the bottom in which UK policymakers have led the world.

And you'd have to think that The Independent has a point.
Report InsiderTrader June 24, 2018 10:44 PM BST
PorcupineorPineapple
24 Jun 18 21:34
| Topic/replies: 5,208 | Blogger: PorcupineorPineapple's blog
Jesus IT, again we've been through this.

Take the local pizza place. He has 5 guys on minimum wage which overnight goes up by 20%. Who's paying for that do you think? Does this small business owner see his own salary drop a big chunk to pay for it? Or does he simply charge more? You get inflation and you get small businesses closer to being at the mercy of big competitors who can afford to go profit free for 6 months in order to drive out competition.

^

So u finally admit wages would go up without free movement but u see this as a bad thing.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 24, 2018 11:01 PM BST
Jesus, are you just acting stupid now?

Where have I admitted it? I'm playing along with your hypothetical scenario.

So, you tell me. How does the pizza parlour owner pay for the pay increase?
Report unitedbiscuits June 24, 2018 11:05 PM BST
So, you did not answer IT: what are the EU "shackles" that have hindered us for forty years and what are the personal Brexit "freedoms" we have lived without but can now look forward to?
Report moisok June 24, 2018 11:22 PM BST
they just want to sink brexit - just understand that  -  sod the vote - ignore it

they are on the side of the eu establishment

no more than simple lackeys to brussels
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 12:01 AM BST
I don’t know, some of these remainers have less sense than a duck ,
I won’t say who
Report melv June 25, 2018 6:18 AM BST
Hope so, melv.
This is a very good report on Brexit, in case you missed it earlier. It's long, Melv, but there is much to say:

http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks biscuits; will do. Will Hutton wrote an excellent summary of the whole situation in the Observer yesterday.

I think Remain now needs to turn its fire on how we reform Europe. We know we have Yanis. Is Macron going to be a force for good? I think a compelling case for and practical hope for a reformed Europe could swing a lot of people away from Brexit.
Report flushgordon1 June 25, 2018 6:47 AM BST
Local pizza place is cash with no receipts ,is not paying  near what a real business pays in taxes ,and lies about its turnover and deals drugs on the side, feck the local takeaways they are part of the problem.
Report flushgordon1 June 25, 2018 6:54 AM BST
And they're man my.
Report flushgordon1 June 25, 2018 6:54 AM BST
Manky. Data from 390 local authorities for 2016/17 was used, including information from the Local Authority Monitoring System collected by the Food Standards Agency.

Which? said Birmingham City Council had a poor record for carrying out inspections within 28 days of a food business opening.

It found that 16% of the city's more than 8,000 food businesses were yet to be rated and 43% of the city's high and medium-risk food businesses did not meet food compliance standards.

Hyndburn Borough Council in Lancashire was the second worst area in the UK for food hygiene.

Which? said that 98% of the area's businesses had been rated for risk, but just two in five of its medium and high-risk food businesses met hygiene standards.
Report posy June 25, 2018 8:25 AM BST
Main advantages of Brexit to an Englishman is that the Government no longer reports to Europe and

can scrap 'human rights' legislation
can impose immigration controls
can kick out foreign undesirables
can trade with whom they want
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 8:35 AM BST
PorcupineorPineapple
24 Jun 18 23:01
| Topic/replies: 5,209 | Blogger: PorcupineorPineapple's blog
Jesus, are you just acting stupid now?

Where have I admitted it? I'm playing along with your hypothetical scenario.

So, you tell me. How does the pizza parlour owner pay for the pay increase?

^

There is simply no reasoning with people like you. You do not even understand basic supply and demand.

You are trying to argue wages are not depressed due to massive oversupply cheap unskilled labour and that wages cannot go up even if labour supply was tightened because small business could afford to pay a decent wage. If a business cannot afford to pay a living wage it should not be in business.
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 8:40 AM BST
unitedbiscuits
24 Jun 18 23:05
| Topic/replies: 8,739 | Blogger: unitedbiscuits's blog
So, you did not answer IT: what are the EU "shackles" that have hindered us for forty years and what are the personal Brexit "freedoms" we have lived without but can now look forward to?

^

I gave you a very simple example and you chose to ignore it. They make most of our laws. It is more a question of what the EU does not control. This is why weak people think it will take so long to leave the EU and be able to do our own thing. There is so much to switch over when the power comes back to the UK.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2018 8:52 AM BST
I understand supply and demand. We covered it in the first couple of weeks of GCSE Economics.

You are trying to argue wages are not depressed due to massive oversupply cheap unskilled labour and that wages cannot go up even if labour supply was tightened because small business could afford to pay a decent wage. If a business cannot afford to pay a living wage it should not be in business.

By jove, I think you're actually close to getting it.

Do you think small businesses are thriving? That their owners have thousands stashed away? Or do you think they survive by keeping costs as low as possible so they can compete. Do you think the local 30-year old coffee shop can just afford to raise his prices by 25% when there's a Costa, a Subway, a Tesco and a BP within walking distance?

You see, you can't just have supply and demand in a vacuum. You also have to look at the effect of competition.

Look at what supermarkets all did 15-20 years ago. Back then, high streets were full of grocery shops and others selling pretty much everything you'd need. Supermarkets wanted that business and could afford to be aggressively priced for long enough to shut them down.

Your "plan" assumes everyone's costs rise together and everyone is equally affected. This is simply and obviously not true. Big businesses with cash reserves will take it as the opportunity they've been waiting for to be aggressive and shut down their annoying, smaller rivals. This will be a boon for big capitalists, but terrible for small, independent businesses.

And this is just using your UK-focussed businesses. Beyond our shores, our businesses will still have to compete with others from across the globe and you are tilting the odds massively in the foreigners' favour.

So again, please expand on your hypothesis. How does the pizza parlour owner find the extra money for wages?
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 9:03 AM BST
Costa, a Subway, a Tesco also use the cheap imported labour. If the costs for the small business went up people there was not an oversupply of cheap labour those costs would also go up for Costa, Subway and Tesco.
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 9:04 AM BST
If you think it is a good thing to encourage pizza shops on the high street charge them less tax for rental etc , and charge supermarkets more
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2018 9:05 AM BST
christ on a bike.

Ok, so let's pretend we're still 15 and run with your example.

How do Costa, Subway and Tesco pay for the extra wages?
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 9:07 AM BST
Whichever way you look at it, pizzas are a service , they don’t create wealth but they do provide jobs , but those jobs are dependent on people having money in their pockets to spend
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 9:07 AM BST
Do you support the minimum wage?
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 9:08 AM BST
That was to PP?
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 9:08 AM BST
they pay wages out of profits , that’s all
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 9:09 AM BST
How does pp think they pay wages, if not out of profits ?
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2018 9:13 AM BST
Come on IT, you answer mine and I'll answer yours.
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 9:23 AM BST
If you have 2 pizza shops , and they both have to attract staff , but there is a shortage of staff
That means the shop that pays a little more in wages and good conditions will get the available staff
His rival will go out of business, meaning he will sell more pizzas
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 9:51 AM BST
PP how do costa or a small business pay wages... from the amount they get in revenues minus their other costs.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2018 9:55 AM BST
Sheesh IT, I take it you didn't finish that Economics GCSE, cos that's not technically the right answer. In fact it's the wrong answer to a question that wasn't actually asked. But anyway.

Come on mate, it's not a trick question.

How do the businesses pay for the extra wages? I think you see it. Hell, even lfc sees it and he normally sees less than a myopic bat. Let's just run through your scenario and see where it leads.
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 10:02 AM BST
pineapple is pretending his question hasn’t been answered
or perhaps he doesn’t understand , that’s possiblev
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 10:03 AM BST
More likely to be pretending , remainers are like that ,dishonest
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 10:05 AM BST
It’s very important not to give people like that a second vote
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 10:10 AM BST
There is no point trying to go over these things in a clear and honest way
No matter how many times or how it is explained people like pineapple
will be incapable of understanding even the most basic of fundamentals
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 10:13 AM BST
We can just hope that we get there in the end without them, that’s remainers and that’s how they are , stragglers
Report tony57 June 25, 2018 10:27 AM BST
enpassent
im sick of your posts i voted for brexit because i belive in my country, democracy,and trade unionism..not as you say for objectenable reasons..and those like you who hate democracy (when it goes against you)who despise your own countrymen and women cos they dont think the same as yourself on this german ponzi scheme..you have this atitude that you and remainers have more intellectual brains than those of us from WC backgrounds who voted leave...including 38% of labours core vote...
Report tony57 June 25, 2018 10:36 AM BST
also i see the remainers are pointing to air bus ....may i point out that 40k people have lost their jobs in the last few weeks in our high st....we are members of the eu? im sorry to say we WILL lose jobs when we leave...but like our fishing fleet there will be jobs made due to leaving..we take back our waters we will need at least 50 new boats to start with...air bus will not leave the uk..according to a mp who met the chairman and others they didnt mention the eu in the meeting? it was only when the french asked them to mention the no deal situation that air bus said what it said..
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 10:44 AM BST
very well said Tony , it’s true posters like enpassant and melv do have a particularly nasty side to them
They do the remainers no credit
Report unitedbiscuits June 25, 2018 11:57 AM BST

I gave you a very simple example and you chose to ignore it. They make most of our laws. It is more a question of what the EU does not control. This is why weak people think it will take so long to leave the EU and be able to do our own thing. There is so much to switch over when the power comes back to the UK.

Laws exist for reasons, many of them protect ordinary people such as us.

The deal is we're poorer and turning back on progress for "freedom." But you can't even describe it. Are we supposed to be able to scent "freedom" vaguely on the air? Is that the pay-off?
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 12:10 PM BST
The poor are indeed poorer biscuits. Mass uncontrolled immigration has pushed up housing costs, held wages, and put pressure on public services like the NHS. Yes the poor are poorer thanks to the EU.
Report moisok June 25, 2018 1:45 PM BST
we gave our aircraft industry to the french

hope this helps

anyone mention vat (had to have it to join the eu )  cough cough  - doing well at 20 percent  ho ho

not that the eu controls us in any way  - In fact I think the remainers like porky on here don't think it has any influence at all
Report moisok June 25, 2018 1:47 PM BST
8 million extra people have had no effect on our infrastructure
on schools health wages etc  - porky and the rest say so

so believe the heavily funded pro eu remain campaign

they are trying to crush our revolution

they are attacking from every direction

the fourth reich will have its way!!!
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2018 2:00 PM BST
(waves to IT)
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 2:32 PM BST
pp do you really need an explanation of everything?

Wages are a cost. A business tries to meet all costs from revenues in order to make a profit. If this cost goes down by the import of cheap labour then (all things being equal) the profits will go up.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2018 2:56 PM BST
IT, I just want to debate this point. You state that one of the great benefits of leaving the EU is that wages will go up. I want to delve further into how that works in reality and the potential implications.

So the costs will go up.

You agree with this so far I presume. Salary is a cost. If you are employing the same number of staff but wages rise 20% due to depressed supply from Brexit then the business's costs go up.

How do you propose the business covers the cost?

Tell you what, seeing as it's sunny and I just had an ice cream, I'll give you some handy options, purely based on the UK-facing business not facing any competition from overseas:

a) They absorb the cost. The business owner simply takes it on the chin. He was taking home £400 p/w but is now taking £280.
b) They pass them on to the customer. The owner does his sums, works out his total costs and the revenue needed to cover them and still made a decent living himself and puts the price up of all his products.
c) They aggressively try to increase revenue by grabbing market share. They look at the competition, make an analysis of their position and their ability to cope and aggressively target them trying to force them out of the market. They operate at a loss for a fixed period, spend more on marketing and inducements and hope that the rival firm runs out of money before they do.
d) They cut costs elsewhere. Look to reduce rent if the lease is up for renewal or move to cheaper premises, maybe just off the high street. Maybe use cheaper suppliers. If they are a big business, one possibility is to use their buying power to demand their suppliers reduce their asking price. But if smaller, such as a cafe, maybe just scale down. Lion teabags instead of Yorkshire Tea, battery-farmed eggs now, cut out the cheap Wednesday lunch for pensioners offer.
e) Simply shut down. Company is already struggling to make ends meet and it's simply not worth the hassle carrying on and earning a pittance, or losing money.

Please feel free to choose from one of these or one of your own.
Report tony57 June 25, 2018 3:01 PM BST
there is alot of truth to that about passing our aircraft industry to the french..cos of our membership deals were done..shameless deals by both partys in goverment that have sold our industrys out..just look at the torys on our nuke industry? plus on wind and sea..we are big in these industrys but we have allowed others in the eu to take parts just cos we are members ..
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 3:14 PM BST
PP, do you support the living wage or even a minimum wage?
Report unitedbiscuits June 25, 2018 3:21 PM BST
IT - we are poorer because of the EU.
Arguable, abstract, tenuous.
UB- we are poorer because of the Leave vote.
Concrete, measurable, unambiguous. It caused the biggest ever one day fall of a major currency.

But you still haven't described what we get in exchange for the cost. A concept, sure, "freedom." We can't eat it, we can't see it, you can't even describe what it feels like.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2018 3:21 PM BST
IT - I refer you to my post of 9.13. Why don't we just deal with this without trying to answer a question by asking a different question?

This is one of your key tenets. You state it constantly. I'm giving you the floor now. Tell us how the great wage rise will work.
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 3:25 PM BST
It is key PP as you are suggesting that British born workers getting their first pay rise in a decade is somehow a bad thing.
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 3:27 PM BST
The arguments you are making for encouraging cheap imported labour to keep wages low for business are exactly the same arguments used by business before the minimum wage came in. Exactly the same.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2018 3:29 PM BST
I'm simply asking a question IT. You state it will be universally good. I'm simply asking how you expect the small UK-facing businesses, any of your 18.03 yesterday businesses, how do they deal with the depressed supply leading to staff demanding more.
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 3:35 PM BST
It’s quite simple , if the business can afford to pay more then they will , if the staff ask for a wage rise
If they cannot then they will not
What’s wrong with that ?
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 3:37 PM BST
Of course if they can afford to pay more and they have no problem finding staff
Then they will not pay more
Try and think a little pineapple for yourself please
Report InsiderTrader June 25, 2018 3:37 PM BST
I never said it would be universally good. Clearly some firms are only to happy to employ cheap imported labour on low wages. Gives them more profits.
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 3:38 PM BST
It’s a balance of power if you like , that’s how it works in the real world
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 3:40 PM BST
Now pineapple I don’t want you coming back with any more of the sane nonsense only phrased slightly differently
It’s still nonsense
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 3:42 PM BST
*same nonsense
Now try and think of something a little abstract , anythings possible
Report lfc1971 June 25, 2018 3:49 PM BST
You see I like the workers to have some power, in and of themselves
It’s the only dignified way to live
And I want the business to have its power also , they deserve that as well

I know some remainers  may not care too much about that delicate balance but I do
I’m like that
Report baNjackst June 25, 2018 3:55 PM BST
EU are sh!tting how successful the UK might acquit themselves on leaving the Union. They are using the Irish border now because they have run their course on other obstacles. The hardest of borders existed twice in the last 22 years as a result of BSE and Foot and mouth disease and while it was a major hindrance, nobody insisted it shouldn't be there and everyone got on with it. During this hard border it was the ROI side that sealed the border. Is it now time that Britain started pointing the finger and insist on outcomes. It won't happen while there is division. The EU are clutching to long lasting division in the UK and are continually playing on it.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 25, 2018 5:19 PM BST
So are you saying wages will or will not rise once we leave the EU?
Report flushgordon1 June 25, 2018 5:50 PM BST
Wages will rise , the Sun will shine , houseprices will drop young people will still be whiny counts.
Report moisok June 25, 2018 6:24 PM BST
I never thought porky was a Sorus man but now we can see - porky has come out of his shell.
Report tony57 June 25, 2018 8:14 PM BST
the march in london got 100k...2million voted remain in london..yet they had to bus in 75% of the marches? what does that tell you...
Report melv June 25, 2018 8:38 PM BST
Look...f****ake.

Our little discussion on here makes no difference the power houses of this world.

Neither does the electorate. Despite the fact that it only won a mandate to "leave the EU" and don't  waste your breathe telling me you know exactly  what that means. For the above reason.

Politicians do not run the world. Open your eyes non of them could run a psss up.

The industrialits no longer run the wolrd. Why????? becasue investment in the giant monopolies that are talking over the world requires finance by the Billion. And debt by the Trillion.

For that you need finaciers. And Brexit will take the form the financiers decide and that will be some bllsht soft brexit that could take decades to implement. Basically we probably will end up with BINO in about 25 years.

It matters not a jot how you feel...…. you (and whose army???) are not starting a civil war. You will not be hanging anyone as a traitor. Grow up.

As the financiers are evidently happy with the EU as a concept they evidently will also be happy with us dropping clause 50 as well.

They are not threatened by Brexit they just know they are in cotrol. I imagine they find brexiters quaintly amusing.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip June 25, 2018 9:07 PM BST
After politicians gave the public the vote, some voters couldnt handle the resposibility so listened to what the politicians were saying. Then when they lost the vote, (even though they weren't really bothered before the vote) the powerful told them they could overturn it.

Made a decision a few days before the referendum, still moaning about the result now.

I imagine the powerful find that quaintly amusing
Report Foinavon June 26, 2018 12:16 AM BST
Yes, Melv, we do know what "leave the EU" meant, we were told time and again before the election but I won't waste my breath.
We know you think that Mutti Merkel is the new Brunhilde who will bring stability and prosperity to Europe, I have my doubts. You might like this amusing clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jDcWAWRRHo
Report akabula June 26, 2018 12:24 AM BST
Neither does the electorate. Despite the fact that it only won a mandate to "leave the EU" and don't  waste your breathe telling me you know exactly  what that means. For the above reason.

Well nobody knew or knows what that means in minute detail but everybody knew it meant leaving the single market and the customs unit.
Report akabula June 26, 2018 12:29 AM BST
Andrew Neil showing Leanne Wood, and a few on here, what the truth was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghdvVbtowM
Report akabula June 26, 2018 12:34 AM BST
"I don't recall the question of leaving the single market being on the ballot paper"
Pretty pathetic argument from anyone let alone a party leader.
Report akabula June 26, 2018 12:37 AM BST
Watched Mcgrory being interviewed on the march.
I thought he was in hiding after this.
Never accept anything a remainer tells you.
Most are strangers to the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9dKcjfeVTs
Report lord skywalker June 26, 2018 8:29 AM BST
single market is one of the four pillars on which the EU thrive, so single market comes with free movement, EU have said all along you cant be in single market without free movement, remainers want a vote on final deal because if single market isnt included they can vote in favour of remaining in the eu
Report Injera June 26, 2018 5:29 PM BST
https://youtu.be/Vn2hSVfqtYc

14 seconds of Cameron and Osborne spelling it out.
Report melv June 26, 2018 6:24 PM BST
Well spotted Injera. Tory MP's lying to save their skins. Well I never.

If the entire nation heard this and undestood what they were talking about why oh why oh is this damning and shocking bit of evidence suddenly appeared. Yes it is shocking and Cameron and Osborne need to face up to it. Got away with murder here.

The nation either did not hear this, did not understand it or both.Otherwise is would have been on prominent display in all media all the time. Viral indeed.

Get these bstds.

The truth is there was nothing about the single market on the ballot. End of.
Report InsiderTrader June 26, 2018 6:49 PM BST
The nation either did not hear this, did not understand it or both.Otherwise is would have been on prominent display in all media all the time.

It was all over the media at the time.

To say people did not understand it is so patronising.
Report akabula June 26, 2018 6:58 PM BST
melv knows the argument is lost hence him now resorting to the nonsense of what the ballot paper didn't say.
BTW the remainers constantly told us that leaving the EU meant leaving the SM and the CU.
Was part of their Project Fear. Now they claim nobody knew what leaving meant.
Like I've said earlier, never believe a word the remainers say.
Report flushgordon1 June 26, 2018 7:20 PM BST
We're leaving ,get used to it stop fannying about its happening.
Report melv June 26, 2018 9:50 PM BST
We're leaving ,get used to it stop fannying about its happening.

Which bits of soft Brexit do you not understand. Most people have accepted that including me. Its not going to be hard Brexit no matter how much that hurts your feelings.

melv knows the argument is lost

You can win arguments on here. Win arguments any where you like. You have no power and no say. Now its just a question of how annoying, how tedious and how long they drag it out until the form of soft Brexit we are getting is clarified.

You know what? I think its deliberate all the fairground barking from clowns like Boris and Mogg and the other cartoons. I think they are trying to wear you hot heads out and they will keep the pantomime going until you cool down due to exhaustion.

Soft Brexit. Done deal. NAP.
Report melv June 26, 2018 10:13 PM BST
To say people did not understand it is so patronising.

What? I didn't understand what was at stake during the referendum, non of the politicians, non of the experts,non of the pundits and non of demagogues (now departed) non of them understood what was at stake. Obviously there are some geniuses in the Zombie towns who new everything.

I will say this though the capitalist crisis that that we are going through was not caused by the EU, it was not caused by immigrants and it was not causes by refugees. If this upsets you I am sorry But the first trick of demagogues is to locate pain and misery and the second move is to scapegoat the blame onto some outsider group or other. This gains power for the demagogues and deflects from and hides the true cause of your problems. The tragedy is that it doesn't just fail to solve the problems; it makes everything worse. Not how bitterly divided crazy and weary this nation is now.

We even have wierdo trolls on here fomenting civil war. And taking about hanging " traitors" it would be laughable if the whole world was not full of shiiiit like that. The cause; a world wide global failure of capitalism......TOTAL WORLD DEBT 237 trillion.

Global debt rose to a record $237 trillion in the fourth quarter of 2017, more than $70 trillion higher from a decade earlier, according to an analysis by the Institute of International Finance.
……...Bloomberg.
Report tony57 June 26, 2018 10:22 PM BST
melv the whole reason brexit happend is because of attitudes like yours..to say people did not understand is a very dishonest..and shows you up for who or what you are..the tv was flooded for 6weeks...

im worried soft brexit will be pushed on us...but its possiable we will have another election may i remind you..84%of people voted for partys who said in their manifestos we leave SM AND CU ..and lib dems were routed and scots nats lost also..both screaming about the eu....i know you dont care about democracy....but i hope we have a election...ive a feeling the public may have another shock instore before this is over...
Report melv June 26, 2018 10:23 PM BST
Note how bitterly divided, crazy and weary this nation is now.
Report melv June 26, 2018 10:31 PM BST
but i hope we have a election...ive a feeling the public may have another shock instore before this is over...

I actually think the powers that be will not allow another election. It will definitely divide the country even more than it is now. And the losers will still not change their feelings whatever the result.
Report melv June 26, 2018 10:38 PM BST
actually think the powers that be will not allow another referendum. It will definitely divide the country even more than it is now. And the losers will still not change their feelings whatever the result.
Report InsiderTrader June 27, 2018 8:08 AM BST
melv
26 Jun 18 22:23
| Topic/replies: 5,826 | Blogger: melv's blog
Note how bitterly divided, crazy and weary this nation is now.

The nation is not divided at all. What complete and utter nonsense.

Out of a population of 60,000,000 only a max of 100,000 bothered to turn out in favour of the undemocratic EU. Of 10,000,000 Londoners only a few turned out. Out of 4,000,000 non-voting non-UK EU citizens only a few turned out.

In short only a few people acting in their own self-interest who voted remain still want us to remain ruled by the EU after how they have acted the last couple of years.
Report lfc1971 June 27, 2018 8:26 AM BST
We don’t even know how many of those 100,000 were  British, certainly some of the troublemakers were not including speakers
Report moisok June 28, 2018 9:47 PM BST
foreign funded demo and foreign funded campaign

hope this helps

some of the leaders are not originally even from the uk
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now