Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tanglefoot
14 Jun 18 19:55
| Topic/replies: 4,344 | Blogger: tanglefoot's blog
A new word in the Oxford dictionary, a person refusing to except a democratic vote
Share |
Show More
Report InsiderTrader June 14, 2018 9:35 PM BST
Grieve is president of the Franco-British Society. He was awarded the Legion of Honour in 2016. He broadcasts in French on French radio and television.

Grieve's wealth is estimated at £3.1 million.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Grieve

^

No surprises if you just do a basic search. Always vested interests.
Report enpassant June 14, 2018 10:22 PM BST
He speaks in french to french people - string him up !
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 14, 2018 10:51 PM BST
Mon dieu!
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 14, 2018 11:11 PM BST
Just noticed he's drinking Perrier instead of Highland Spring

The vested interests here are unbelievable.
Report flushgordon1 June 15, 2018 8:37 AM BST
Parasitic lawyer.
Report DIE LINKE June 15, 2018 9:12 AM BST
At least he's a proper lawyer. Not a pretendy one! Silly
Report lfc1971 June 15, 2018 9:18 AM BST
Shakespeare knew
Report 1st time poster June 15, 2018 12:23 PM BST
if the rebels want to knife may for knifing them,  why don't they just screw their loaves wait for a motion the labour supports and out of the blue vote with labour to defeat the government,
Report 1st time poster June 15, 2018 12:25 PM BST
not surprised he,s ,lost this battle if he,s a London centric lawyer who,s only worth 3 million,be better off working for Pimlico plumbers
Report Whisperingdeath June 17, 2018 5:10 PM BST
enpassant 14 Jun 18

He speaks in french to french people - string him up !

You'd better hope he takes a trip to Hartlepool!
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip June 17, 2018 8:12 PM BST
"The alternative is that we've all got to sign up to a slavery clause now, saying whatever the government does, when it comes to January, however potentially catastrophic it might be for my constituents and my country, I'm signing in blood now that I will follow over the edge of a cliff, and that I can tell you, I am not prepared to do."

Who needs opposition when you have right honourable friends like these
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 17, 2018 8:37 PM BST
Hear hear frankly.

No point in having a parliament if all debate and the right to have a different view is outlawed. Take yourself off to Russia if that's your preferred choice of rule.
Report lfc1971 June 17, 2018 9:03 PM BST
pineapple giving lessons on democracy, you have to admire his cheek I suppose
Report cyclops June 18, 2018 10:58 AM BST
He's about the only person at present from any party who's having a good Brexit.

The attempts to portray him as a demonic monster came failed miserably on Question Time as he put his points calmly and lucidly. The bilious journalist "opposing" him all but gave up.

Insisting on parliament deciding our future was, I thought, what the referendum was meant to achieve.
Report lfc1971 June 18, 2018 11:39 AM BST
Don’t trust people who speak calmly and lucidly , necessarily
The IRA spokesmen tried that trick in interviews , quietly spoken
Silly people listen and don’t listen , I suggest you listen
Report enpassant June 18, 2018 11:48 AM BST

Jun 18, 2018 -- 10:58AM, cyclops wrote:

He's about the only person at present from any party who's having a good Brexit.The attempts to portray him as a demonic monster came failed miserably on Question Time as he put his points calmly and lucidly. The bilious journalist "opposing" him all but gave up.Insisting on parliament deciding our future was, I thought, what the referendum was meant to achieve.

I have suggested people watch last weeks QT for that very reason.
It was good to hear Isobel Oakshott's jingoistic ramblings of 'will of the people' 'take back control' (a repeated theme when she is on the QT panel)fail to rouse the audience into mindless applause and chest thumping.

Report lfc1971 June 18, 2018 11:55 AM BST
there’s another one easily fooled , tell me what this great talent greve said
If it’s anything new that’s fine , it might be
Anythings possible , if not I don’t care how reasonable he sounds
Report lfc1971 June 18, 2018 11:57 AM BST
Go ahead , what did he say , nothing ?
ok , then pipe down
Report cyclops June 18, 2018 12:45 PM BST
He said that in his view a no deal Brexit would be catastrophic for the country and that he believes that, should the government fail to secure a deal by the time of our exit, parliament should have a say in what happens next.

Clear, sensible and incontrovertible, I would have thought.

Yet it brings screams of traitor and saboteur and three page character asassinations in the Mail.

He also made the point that talking rationally with those we disagree with is more constructive than vitriol and anger. Oakeshott looked increasingly ridiculous as the programme developed as she failed to provoke him.

Deprived, as enpassant says, of rabble-like support, she retreated quietly and hardly contributed in the later stages.
Report tanglefoot June 18, 2018 12:57 PM BST
Maybe we should ask Germany and Frau Merkel for and armistice and complete surrender to the EU
Report jed.davison June 18, 2018 1:06 PM BST
Merkel has a fortnight max, so don't waste your time.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip June 18, 2018 6:07 PM BST
Didnt see QT but saw him on the politics show.

To be fair he was quite calm and lucid when he equated trusting the goverment of his own party, with signing his name in blood to a slavery clause that might take us all over a cliff edge.
Report donny osmond June 18, 2018 6:28 PM BST
tin hat brigade worried about him

he must be saying some good stuff
Report tanglefoot June 18, 2018 11:10 PM BST
Hope he brings down the government tomorrow,let’s see the shambles that brings to the U.K.,maybe a election,where the U.K. must decide if they declare defeat to the EU, the Euro as the new currency, Gibraltar back to Spain, increased tribute payments to the EU,collapsing NHS
Report akabula June 18, 2018 11:46 PM BST
He's a Frenchman, what do you expect?
Report moisok June 20, 2018 9:26 PM BST
The people who hate the uk are doing a real good job of wrecking  leaving big brother.  YOU WILL BE PUNISHED
Report InsiderTrader June 20, 2018 9:32 PM BST
Rebels Crushed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44542156

No lets get out with no initial deal and no £40bn payment and start opening up to the rest of the world.
Report akabula June 20, 2018 11:23 PM BST
Anybody who wants the possibility of a No Deal kicked into touch should get Stupid tattooed on their brow.
Report enpassant June 21, 2018 8:54 AM BST
'Rebels crushed' 'No lets get out with no initial deal and no £40bn' this kind of rhetoric is why so many are concerned by leave.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 21, 2018 9:36 AM BST
"rebels crushed"

God, you remainers are awful refusing to unify behind the brexiteers. Why won't you see we want the best for you? Traitors.
Report treetop June 23, 2018 11:49 PM BST
Grieve is seen to have lost all credibility inside Parliament now and is held in contempt by both Remainers ass well as Leavers.
Report akabula June 24, 2018 12:44 AM BST
French mother and was educated at a French Government owned school. He's French.
Report treetop June 24, 2018 4:18 PM BST
And retreated as soon as he was put under pressure.
Report mafeking June 24, 2018 10:26 PM BST
what about philip lee who flounced out of the government a few days before grieve chucked in the towel ? not the shrewdest career move
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now