Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
treetop
10 Jan 18 13:47
| Topic/replies: 15,519 | Blogger: treetop's blog
An interesting programme about the House of Saud last night included a highly significant comment from Trump in front of all the Saudis of influence that the funding of extremists had to stop.The grimace from King Salman showed that was a hard truth that wasnt scripted but has clearly hit home and caused the Crown Prince, the son of the King, to move against the ultras within that country recently.After Obama,Clinton and Bush appeasing them it is a welcome change for the Saudis to be on the receiving end of some blunt speaking.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Donald Trump and the Saudis
Show More
Report moisok January 10, 2018 2:25 PM GMT
trumpton is the devil's spawn - I read the guardian and I know.

Strange how he is being credited with the change in N Korea's attitude to south, bannon retracting everything he said and now the Saudis taking their foot off their usual attitude towards change.
Shirley he cannot have been right - this does not fit the narrative.

I must go back to the guardian for refuelling on the propaganda so I can get back to newspeak.
Report jed.davison January 10, 2018 2:29 PM GMT
History will show that Trump represented humanity's last hope, and the fools currently attempting to oust him its real enemies.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 10, 2018 5:36 PM GMT
Is the phrase mealy mouthed?

Easy to criticise in a speech but strength is following it with action.

And as far as I can tell the Tanks are still backing the Saudis while they bombard Yemen and block aid reaching their citizens, and Saudi Arabia is a notable absentee from Trump's travel ban despite them funding terrorists according to the man himself.

Let's see if he actually does something before kneeling in front of him and flexing your jaws.
Report lfc1971 January 10, 2018 5:53 PM GMT
Trumps stance is right . The Saudis are bad but less bad than the many headed snakes that surround them
Which isn't saying much , they have to be able to protect themselves and hopefully become more civilised
Report lfc1971 January 10, 2018 5:56 PM GMT
Now of course if pineapple wishes to see Saudi left defenceless against regimes such as Iran that's ok
I disagree
Report terry mccann January 10, 2018 6:32 PM GMT
yeah big threat IranLaugh, just remind me what they've done Ifc
Report moisok January 10, 2018 6:49 PM GMT
I am stunned terry or is that meant to be ironic?- I don't believe you have said that.!!
Report terry mccann January 10, 2018 6:56 PM GMT
yes joking moisok, USA and ISREAL got it in for the poor sods
Report lfc1971 January 10, 2018 7:14 PM GMT
Suggest you watch last nights episode of newsnight
Report moisok January 10, 2018 7:32 PM GMT
Obomber gave them the bomb  - ho ho!!!  The moderate man of peace  or should that be pieces.
Report treetop January 10, 2018 8:33 PM GMT
Trump has had an impact on Saudi,anyone who know the magic kingdom understands that, they are never going to metamorphose into Guardian reader standards in a few weeks because of one speech. I would be inetrested to know what was said behind the scenes as it has clearly had an effect, the Crown Prince Salman is treading on very dodgy ground and his very life is at stake,not unlike our Islington dinner party chatters !
Report moisok January 10, 2018 10:13 PM GMT
That's not fair treetop.  You have no idea how much we struggle at dinner parties for forteen, du jour.
Once it was only a gay needed to maintain credibility amongst our people, But to maintain, street cred, I think you rough people call it, we have to consider current trending week by week.
Now we have to invite, a gay couple, a lesbian couple, a transgender couple, two child refugees, a muslim couple, and two homeless to maintain balance  oh !! and it just leaves us!!!   

My next door neighbour is having an extension built!!!

Difficult times!!!
Report moisok January 11, 2018 1:30 PM GMT
or fourteen even
Report Foinavon January 11, 2018 1:45 PM GMT
I'm wondering what effect that nice Tim Farron's utterances will have on your dinner parties, Mo.
No doubt he is off your guest list now.
Report moisok January 11, 2018 2:14 PM GMT
I really am hurt by your attitude Foinavon.  You simply do not know how difficult it is to fit in persons of every persuasion etc.  Keeping up with the jones/kahns is getting harder and harder.  I really expect more sympathy from you.
Report treetop January 12, 2018 7:46 PM GMT
Are you discriminating against Chinese and Hindus then moisy ? Plenty of Khans down there,especially at number 42.
Report moisok January 12, 2018 8:50 PM GMT
treetop   - I will have you know that I am considered a cult amongst some of the community.

I thanku (courtesy of Arthur Askey)
Report glasshouses dogman January 14, 2018 11:09 PM GMT
Over many years I was concerned about what some Moslem preachers were saying. Politicians of many parties did not seem to take them seriously but seeing what they were saying was frightening. A major influence for many was the fundamentalist wahabi branch of islam found in Saudi. Saudi was promoting this in other countries.

You have to think what was the effect of the wahabi branch of islam in the creation of isis. Take 9/11, many of those involved were Saudi nationals, so how many were influenced by the wahabi faith?

The problem is many countries want Saudi oil and also Saudi spending on their products and services. Trump may have said something but is this just a token comment? What interests may he have in Saudi, is Saudi money invested in some of his companies and would he want to damage the significant trade the USA has with Saudi?
Report lfc1971 January 15, 2018 12:31 AM GMT
Do you think America should reconsider its military and trading links with Britain because of radical and frightening speeches by branches of Islam in Britain, or the hundreds , thousands ? of British citizens linked to Isis , and other groups in the Middle East and Europe and Britain itself ?
Report lfc1971 January 15, 2018 12:44 AM GMT
Now we know Saudi is an allly of America , and has citizens who are not . And we know that Britain is an ally of America , and has citizens who are not .
Report treetop January 15, 2018 7:27 PM GMT
Trump may have said something but is this just a token comment?

The main point of my post gd,is that not one POTUS has ever spoken to the Saudis this way, Trump is a one off but this time he has done us all a service as the saudi response has clearly happened just after his visit,no coincidence.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now