Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
melv
05 Jan 18 07:16
| Topic/replies: 5,867 | Blogger: melv's blog
"Happy New Year" removed. Will repost again in a bit. 680 views in 3 days. Nice polite. Well wishing. I take it as a compliment that some-one finds my writing so threatening
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Bang goes another of my threads
Show More
Report Foinavon January 5, 2018 12:47 PM GMT
I find that very disappointing, Melv. Nothing controversial was posted as far as I can see and why the whole thread rather than an individual post? Baffling.
The free booklet by Yanis that I mentioned last night is very interesting although I have only read two chapters so far. It's an abridged and updated version of another book of his. Worth taking a look if you have an Amazon account.
Report lfc1971 January 5, 2018 1:57 PM GMT
If I recall the thread correctly it was probably taken down because of something DIE LINKE posted
If it was that the mods were correct , good work
Report lfc1971 January 5, 2018 2:02 PM GMT
The mods can strike with astonishing accuracy
Report tony57 January 5, 2018 4:11 PM GMT
yes
Report moisok January 5, 2018 4:34 PM GMT
Someone who wishes us that is clearly deranged.  Must be a trump supporter.
Report Dr Crippen January 5, 2018 4:42 PM GMT
What kind of a person accuses another of doing something, when he has no evidence whatsoever to back it up?

I'd say a person like that is a very low person indeed.
Report edy January 5, 2018 6:33 PM GMT

Jan 5, 2018 -- 4:42PM, Dr Crippen wrote:

What kind of a person accuses another of doing something, when he has no evidence whatsoever to back it up?I'd say a person like that is a very low person indeed.

Don't you kind of a bit like Donald Trump?

Report edy January 5, 2018 6:33 PM GMT
and David Icke of course
Report melv January 6, 2018 9:51 AM GMT
I will be putting the thread back up today.

You know the most unfair thing about this is I do not know why any of my threads were removed so I cannot avoid the same thing happening again. I thought the thread I am going to start again was particularly free of name calling ( I have had; sick mentally traitor etc..... Water off a duck) and I think the number of views in a short time showed that people obviously were interested in the discussion.

Do let me know why it might have been removed so I can try and keep this one a bit longer.
Report lfc1971 January 6, 2018 9:57 AM GMT
: ) what an utter cretin
Report Dr Crippen January 6, 2018 10:41 AM GMT
edy
     05 Jan 18 18:33   

Don't you kind of a bit like Donald Trump?

Who's this, son of Stanley Unwin?
Report melv January 6, 2018 10:48 AM GMT
Look every time some tries to bad mouth me on here all I know is ....I must be doing something right.

I do have a weird question for you lot. If some-one uses nasty language on a thread can they pull the whole thread  even though the language is not from the thread opener.

I might be a bit ironic from time to time. Surely we are all adults surely a very mild bit of stick does not hurt.

But I think you will find I am one of the politest ones n here.

Return of the thread this evening.
Report Dr Crippen January 6, 2018 11:08 AM GMT
''If some-one uses nasty language on a thread can they pull the whole thread'' 

They can pull the whole forum if they choose.

It's not only their bat and ball it's their wicket as well.
Report melv January 6, 2018 12:41 PM GMT
In which case I will just keep reposting every time my post gets pulled.

I wonder if my last point about India demanding free movement for a trade deal has upset "people" enough to get the thread cut

Or even mentioning that every trade deal with all the other countries could be tricky.

Now I think of it. He fact is if we go to WTO we will be desperate and cap in hand to the rest of the world. They will see us coming and they will have demands and we will be too weak to refuse them.

I wonder if that's enough to get this thread removed. Hard Brexit do not like facts or the truth. All they want is their fantasy world.

So I will be careful not to say stuff like that in future threads
Report Foinavon January 6, 2018 2:57 PM GMT
Melv, I find you even tempered and polite. I very much doubt the moderators pulled the thread for views posted regarding trade deals as you have just done.
Report moisok January 6, 2018 3:54 PM GMT
Ye, you are right but he supports the spawn of satan.
Report Foinavon January 6, 2018 4:03 PM GMT
Yes, I know he loves Starmer and wants the democratic vote to leave the New Soviet Union overturned but nobody's perfect.
Report melv January 6, 2018 6:27 PM GMT
Starmer clear condident credible and there is no-one in the Tory oarty can touch him. Yes.

wants the democratic vote to leave the New Soviet Union overturned but nobody's perfect. Yaysus you lots voting slip said a heck of a lot more than mine. I never noticed the bit that said parliamentary democracy to be demolished in any matters appertaining to the EU et al for all eternity.

It is possible to accept the result and be a remainer. I am hoping for a very soft Norwegian model even though this is worse for the country than the current arrangement. Please do not expect remainers to like it. Accept it yes. Respect it yes. Wish it would just go away oh yesyesyes pretty please with a cherry on top. Do I think the left behind people in the  wrong place at the  wrong time in history have been totally shafted then ignored by every one. Abso effin looterly. PS I think Farage shafted you good and proper. And there are many Tories and worse who will use you as human shields for their dastardly plans.

And Labour; the party of the working class and the party of the true power house of the industrial revolution; have been careerist and basically shhhttttttt. For decades. I hope and pray they will learn. You gotta have hope. We are at the start of a new revolution now and who is batting for the masses . No-one. I can only hope and pray that Labour will learn.

Busy ATM looks like the post will be back up Tomorrow.

Thanks for the positive vibes. I really appreciate it.
Report melv January 8, 2018 12:19 PM GMT
I get knocked down and I get up again. And if "people" remove my thread I'll just put it back.
Report Foinavon January 8, 2018 7:07 PM GMT
wants the democratic vote to leave the New Soviet Union overturned but nobody's perfect. Yaysus you lots voting slip said a heck of a lot more than mine. I never noticed the bit that said parliamentary democracy to be demolished in any matters appertaining to the EU et al for all eternity.

Surely you know that the European Commission creates legislation which our parliament has to put into UK law for as long as we remain a member of the EU? I think these powers were formalised by the Lisbon Treaty.

I don't know who the Labour party is the party of these days. It certainly believes in tax and spend. Perhaps we need to look at who the principle net beneficiaries of the expenditure are and who loses out in order to make up our minds. If their policies crash the economy, result in more unemployment or significantly lower wages then this needs to be taken into account.
Report Foinavon January 8, 2018 7:09 PM GMT
*principal
Report melv January 8, 2018 8:11 PM GMT
Fight for democratic change in Europe. Do not run away. Who is more likely to improve democracy. The Chinese? The Indians? The Russians???  The land of Trump.???? No they all look to Europe as the source of progressive humanism.

Fight to save Europe from itself. There are plenty of people  all over Europe and supporters from all over the world crying out for it and not just Yanis Varoufakis.
Report lfc1971 January 8, 2018 8:39 PM GMT
that sounds like too much trouble
Report Dr Crippen January 8, 2018 8:53 PM GMT
Fight for democratic change in Europe?

Is melv serious?

Malta has more pull in the EU than we have.
Report Foinavon January 8, 2018 10:09 PM GMT
Cameron asked them to make some changes, I don't think he made much of an impression. If we turn around now and beg to stay, they will impose extra conditions on us including joining the euro, none of which will be in our national interest.
Report anxious January 8, 2018 10:13 PM GMT
Thers is a big difference beetween the national interest and the interest of the tory lie maxchine
Report Foinavon January 8, 2018 10:16 PM GMT
Adopting the euro would not be in the National interest regardless of who is in government, even Gordon Brown could see that.
Report anxious January 8, 2018 10:17 PM GMT
Who said it was ?
Report Foinavon January 8, 2018 10:18 PM GMT
Explain what you mean? Give us some examples.
Report anxious January 8, 2018 10:18 PM GMT
The tories will do what their paymasters instruct them to do
Report Foinavon January 8, 2018 10:19 PM GMT
As will Labour.
Report anxious January 8, 2018 10:22 PM GMT
The Sweatshop of Europe and more of the same ole trickle down
Report Foinavon January 8, 2018 10:25 PM GMT
Perhaps the youth unemployment rates in Spain, Portugal and Greece would be better?
Report anxious January 8, 2018 10:29 PM GMT
Face it now  foinavon Chairman may and her gang of idiots are finished , they have nothing to offer our country  but the same old garbage
Report Foinavon January 8, 2018 10:31 PM GMT
Keep believing Anx, I'm off now see you tomorrow.
Report anxious January 8, 2018 10:32 PM GMT
Adios
Report Foinavon January 9, 2018 9:32 PM GMT
I've finished Varoufakis' book, Melv. It isn't exactly stand-alone and you would get more from it reading "The Global Minotaur" or "And the Weak Suffer What They Must?..." first, but as it's fee, then why not?
He is essentially saying that following the events of 2008 the Eurozone is fkd and the peripheral deficit countries are doomed to a downwards deflationary spiral. He claims there is a solution (his hypothesis) which the German government won't allow the ECB to implement for political reasons. He gives reasons why he thinks that neither the USA nor China are strong enough to re-establish the pre-2008 fair weather conditions to the world's monetary system so salvation can not be expected from outside the Eurozone.
The problems really started with Maastricht and the ERM which prevented currency devaluation except by falling out of the permitted bands so competitive deflation/wage restraint was the only way out of balance of payment issues. German industry profited from lots of cheap labour at that time following reunification, putting undue pressure on other ERM members some of whom fell out of the ERM and devalued due to currency speculation by Soros and others. The lessons of the ERM were not learnt and countries locked into the euro leading to the problems (exacerbated by the 2008 crash) we see today.
Read it and see what you think.
Report Burt06 January 9, 2018 9:54 PM GMT
The Euro is clearly doomed. Just a matter of when it pops, later this year would be my guess.
Report moisok January 9, 2018 10:17 PM GMT
Don't france and germany operate outside deficit and surplus Eu rules respectively, or certainly have done recently?
But then germany runs the eu with its poodle following along behind
Report Foinavon January 9, 2018 10:59 PM GMT
In the 1990s France wanted political control over the Bundesbank and thought that monetary union would do that. It didn't work out that way and by keeping a tight grip on its surpluses Germany steadily gains control over France as it has already done over Southern Europe. Varoufakis thinks that Germany has made Greece suffer as a warning to France. What Germany wants, Germany gets, it's war by other means. We are better off out of this.
Report moisok January 9, 2018 11:04 PM GMT
but the pair of them operate outside of eu limits!!!  What else do they get up to?
Report Foinavon January 9, 2018 11:19 PM GMT
Yes they do, France especially during the ERM period. There is the core (France, Germany, Benelux and to some extent Austria) and the peripheral countries including us for the time being.
I quoted De Gaulle on the now defunct thread (Europe is France and Germany, the rest are just the trimmings).There are two military powers in Europe and Germany isn't one of them, the will to move towards a European army sounds like a dangerous development to me and another reason to leave before it's too late.
Report moisok January 10, 2018 1:28 PM GMT
Why isn't this headline news?  Or is it too boring? 
I see not only have they attempted a takeover of the Ukraine but are now heading for all the balkan countries.
Mr Hilter of Weston super mare would be impressed.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now