Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandora1963
22 Dec 17 13:08
| Topic/replies: 21,856 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog
there are so many you can rule out now the members decide. Forget thornberry, starmer etc way too centrist. You want to be looking at dawn butler or long bailey, or maybe debbie abrahams. The membership will only vote a genuine left winger now and in the future.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View next labour leader
Show More
Report donny osmond December 22, 2017 5:49 PM GMT
could be a long wait, could be a new system in place by then

but in general i agree with your thoughts
Report Dr Crippen December 22, 2017 9:57 PM GMT
How can they get a new system of election in place with left-wingers in charge of policy?

Miliband didn't realise what he'd done when he changed the rules to elect a new leader, or any of the others either until they had a working example of what could happen.

Shows how short sighted or thick they are on the Labour side.

It's shocking to think that people as dim as that could be running the country.
Report Foinavon December 22, 2017 11:01 PM GMT
I didn't think anyone could be worse than Corbyn until I saw that list by Pandora. There is a notable omission btw.
Report anxious December 22, 2017 11:39 PM GMT
Jeremy 3-1 favourite  to be next Prime Minister , the Tory  Fanboys need to deal with this.
Report Foinavon December 23, 2017 1:05 AM GMT
If he gets in, the people I'll feel sorry for are the poor when his mate causes the predicted run on the pound.
You'll need a good few more food-banks to cope with the demand while food prices soar.
Report Facts December 23, 2017 2:48 AM GMT
Why are there even foodbanks if the Tories are so fiscally prudent ?
Report Foinavon December 23, 2017 10:44 AM GMT
Because there are people out there who are not themselves fiscally prudent.
Report alun2005 December 23, 2017 12:19 PM GMT
could be a long wait, could be a new system in place by then

I tend to agree. I don't know how Wannabe Leader-for-Life Corbyn could be overthrown as Labour Leader, particularly when he has the overwhelming support of the "activists". (That's a polite way of describing them).
Report Dr Crippen December 23, 2017 1:16 PM GMT
Why are there foodbanks?

Why are there cake shops?
Why are there greengrocer shops?
Why are there newspaper shops?

Because people can make a living out of running them. 

Like the people here:

https://www.trusselltrust.org/about/meet-our-team/

They can even create their own demand by setting the criteria for referral or from the number of referrals they'll accept.

There used to be a line on their website saying that ''their aim is to have a foodbank in every town in Britain.''
I can't find it now, it sort of gave the game away.
Report Foinavon December 23, 2017 1:18 PM GMT
Food-banks create their own demand, this isn't Venezuela...yet.
Report Dr Crippen December 23, 2017 1:20 PM GMT
Place a stall in the middle of a town, and give away cups of tea and coffee on production of a benefits card or whatever they give them, and you'll soon run out of tea and coffee.
Report anxious December 23, 2017 3:46 PM GMT
Christmas time eh , i dont think the season of goodwill applies to the Tory Fanboys
Report anxious December 23, 2017 3:47 PM GMT
Ebeneezer are you there ? Plain
Report Dr Crippen December 23, 2017 4:43 PM GMT
What have you given the poor this Christmas anxious - apart from lip service on here?

I'll tell you something, if a poor person was in need of some money they would be more likely to get it from a wealthy person than from another person in need.

Simply because the wealthy person has got it. And the pauper hasn't.

Merry Christmas.
Report Foinavon December 23, 2017 7:40 PM GMT
We're not objecting to people setting up Food-banks, anxious, I'm sure all charitable donations are gratefully received. The objection is to their cynical use by Labour to falsely suggest that the nasty Tory party is causing people to starve.
In a similar vein, note the "question" on PMQ this week where a Labour MP suggested there are thousands of homeless children on the streets this Christmas, a suggestion ably refuted by Mrs May.
Report anxious December 24, 2017 12:36 PM GMT
The question should be guys why do we have to resort to foodbanks in this day and age , im afraid because of the Rat race and the greed is good culture we are going backwards not forwards , anyway A  Happy Christmas to you both
Report Dr Crippen December 24, 2017 12:54 PM GMT
Few really need food banks.

They're only being used because they're there.

Where will it end, free top ups for their mobiles next, then free petrol for their cars?
Report Dr Crippen December 24, 2017 12:59 PM GMT
Corbyn would reinstate squatters rights.

So we'd better be careful what we wish for regarding food banks.
Come back off holiday and find someone squatting in our home and we might need to visit a food bank ourselves.
Report stewarty b December 24, 2017 3:29 PM GMT
Come back off holiday and find someone squatting in our home and we might need to visit a food bank ourselves.

lol.
Report Foinavon December 24, 2017 4:38 PM GMT
Forum Momentum have already earmarked your properties for requisition for immigrant housing purposes, Dr Crippen. Not to worry, suitable accommodation will be found for you according to your needs as defined by the housing commissariat.
Report Solano1 December 27, 2017 2:12 PM GMT
Pidcock a good outsider punt, depending how long Jezza remains.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now