Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Burt06
20 Dec 17 20:36
| Topic/replies: 2,018 | Blogger: Burt06's blog
Tony Bliar calls for second Brexit referendum

Tony Blair has said there must be a second referendum on the terms of the UK’s future relationship with the European Union, once those terms are known.

In an interview with The National, Mr Blair said that vote could take the form of either a referendum or a national election.

“What’s important is that we don’t have a vote on the divorce until we see the terms of the new relationship,” he said. “It could be an election, it could be a referendum … you have to have a final say.”

Mr Bliar further added that he had a dossier detailing how bad things would be if we did not follow his orders and secure his presidency of the EUSSR. He claimed that the UK only had 45 minutes to makes its mind up or millions could be slaughtered.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tony-blair-second-brexit-referendum-eu-vote-deal-theresa-may-government-a8014676.html

All these deluded, anti democratic 2nd ref nutters need to know is that they are on the same side as Tony 'Iraq' Bliar, Alastair ' sexy dossier' Campbell, Peter 'sacked how many times?' Mandelson and Viviane Reding. A real motley crew to belong to. Anything these kind of people advocate is something to be avoided at all costs simply because it is them.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Tony Bliar demands a second...
Show More
Report Burt06 December 20, 2017 9:04 PM GMT
Tony Blair has defended the spread of private finance initiatives under Labour as seven NHS trusts face administration as they struggle to repay large debts from PFI deals.

Six other NHS trusts face joining South London Healthcare in "administration" as they have taken on projects viewed by ministers as "unsustainable", it has emerged.

South London Healthcare NHS Trust will be the first in the country to be put under the control of a special administrator tasked with securing its finances.

The schemes saw private firms building hospitals, leaving the NHS with an annual fee to pay over around 30 years.

The total value of the NHS buildings built by Labour under the scheme is £11.4bn. But the bill, which will also include fees for maintenance, cleaning and portering, will come to more than £70bn on current projections and will not be paid off until 2049.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9356942/Blair-defends-PFI-as-NHS-trusts-face-bankruptcy.html

Good old Tony - all the bad roads lead directly back to him.
Report Burt06 December 20, 2017 9:07 PM GMT
We got 11 billion of hospitals for 70 billion. And these Remainiacs want us to trust the economic judgement of this Iraq  war man.

I would rather trust Harvey Weinstein to babysit my teenage girls.
Report unitedbiscuits December 20, 2017 9:46 PM GMT
Rubbish post. If Blair was wrong about the Iraq war (and he was) then his commitment to a Second Referendum (with £10 million of his own money) proves the burning desire of a world figure to settle his legacy in a positive way.

Conflating the Second Ref with the Iraq War is smearmongering. And how did T May and all the Tories vote re Iraq? You can't trust a leader who only wants to be leader to be leader. Tony Blair was always a bigger figure.

He should have our trust.
Report Chippie in Whitehall December 20, 2017 9:59 PM GMT
Tony Blair was always a bigger figure.

He should have our trust.

Hell's bells and buckets of blood!
Report Comrade_Karla December 20, 2017 10:05 PM GMT
unitedbiscuits, whilst I am sure I would agree with most of what you post to assert that we should trust Blair and that he is a bigger figure is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on this forum. Truly baffling.
Report Comrade_Karla December 20, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
With regards to PFI anyone who cannot translate them as embezzlement from the tax payer made legal via the initial contract needs to have a long look in the mirror.
Report unitedbiscuits December 20, 2017 10:33 PM GMT
Comrade, if it was a choice between Robin Cook and Tony Blair, Blair would be at a disadvantage, but the only difference in leadership between Blair and May is that Blair wrestled with following the USA into Iraq when May would have agreed without conscience.
Making capital out of the Iraq war is a hypocritical trait of the alt-Right.

Good to see you posting again btw.
Report Comrade_Karla December 20, 2017 11:41 PM GMT
I would very much like to say it's good to see your recent posts. But it isn't. Your willingness to betray democratic principles simply because the vote didn't go the way you wished is disgraceful. The agitating of you and many others wishing to subvert democracy is dangerous and shameful. This country is not a banana republic and a once in a generation   vote simply has to be respected. The willingness of you and others in the minority to abandon the most basic of democratic principles is truly a despicable spectacle to witness. All people wishing for a second referendum are the most odious democratic betraying and dangerous individuals around.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Report Burt06 December 21, 2017 12:30 AM GMT
Oi oiiiiiiiiii biscuitbrainGrinGrinGrinLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughTongue Out

How do you like those lemons?LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughHappyGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinCoolConfusedLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughCrazyWinkWhoopsTongue OutSurprisedScaredHappyExcitedLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report trilby22 December 21, 2017 7:21 AM GMT

Dec 20, 2017 -- 3:59PM, Chippie in Whitehall wrote:

Tony Blair was always a bigger figure.He should have our trust. Hell's bells and buckets of blood!

Is UB a) a quisling, b) off his rocker, c) both?

Report unitedbiscuits December 21, 2017 9:40 AM GMT
Et tu Karla?

When you deliver this country into the clutches of the "firm within a firm" inside the Tory party, the Right-wing cabal who had every step to "pirate island" worked out a generation ago, a lot of people are going to wonder how they came to be traduced by Brexit.
Report moisok December 21, 2017 10:30 AM GMT
biscuits may have connections which may be compromised when we leave nudge nudge.
Report Burt06 December 22, 2017 1:47 PM GMT
Biscuitbrain looks happy to sell democracy down the river based on his very own conspiracy theory. Just like Castro, Stalin and many others.

Luckily the 17.4 million mighty and noble Brexiteers won't allow it. You can thank us later.
Report Injera December 22, 2017 5:30 PM GMT
I agree with Karla's excellent post at 23.41.

Ps Biscuits - if Blair is a trusted world figure we truly are b*ggered.
Report unitedbiscuits December 23, 2017 5:57 PM GMT
I agree with Karla's excellent post at 23.41.

Oh really? The only way I would be ashamed of myself on this forum is if people thought I was on your side, the side of Brexit. I trust nobody thinks that, Injera.
Report Foinavon December 23, 2017 7:54 PM GMT
You'll come round to it one day UB. The day may even arrive before Jeremy becomes PM.
Report trilby22 December 24, 2017 7:36 AM GMT
Top post Comrade & very well said.
Report sageform December 24, 2017 4:40 PM GMT
Whatever the fate of Brexit, the chance of a UK citizen ever getting a significant role in the EU is worse than zero. If they didn't hate us before the referendum they do now.
Report Foinavon December 24, 2017 8:49 PM GMT
For EU lovers everywhere here is a little clip to warm the heart and spread a little Christmas cheer.
Let's stay and bask in the warm words of ECB representative Mr Klaus Masuch to Irish journalist Mr Vincent Browne.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAf7J4a_T1g
Report moisok December 26, 2017 5:47 PM GMT
I see more organisations are reassessing their gloomy forecasts and that person Osbourne (remember his emergency budget for the day after the VOTE)   what happened to that?
He is talking about a comeback

ho ho
Report sageform December 27, 2017 11:42 AM GMT
Mercedes have their main R and D here for Formula 1 and that spins off into other cars. 8 out of 10 F1 teams have their research base in UK. I can't see them moving because of Brexit.
Report Burt06 December 27, 2017 8:14 PM GMT
Biscuitbrain happy to betray democracy as many others have pointed out to him.

All people wishing for a second referendum are the most odious democratic betraying and dangerous individuals around.

Absolutely.
Report terry mccann January 11, 2018 2:30 PM GMT
Blair is a war crim plain and simple,his opinion is worthless as its not his own
Report Dr Crippen January 11, 2018 2:35 PM GMT
To tell the truth, such is Blair's unpopularity that his support for anything is likely to have a negative affect on it.
I think the remainers would prefer him to simply shut up about Brexit, and leave it to other people.
Report Burt06 January 12, 2018 8:21 PM GMT
Clegg the same. And Mandelson and Campbell.

What a rotten lot they are. Benedict Arnold's the lot of em.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now