Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
melv
17 Dec 17 20:41
| Topic/replies: 188,308 | Blogger: melv's blog
Why do my posts keep disappearing. "The political tide is turning" disappeared then "Brexit has not a clue what it wants."  disappeared.

I have started both again.

I will record every-time this happens and see what the pattern is.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Why do my posts keep disappearing.
Show More
Report lfc1971 December 18, 2017 12:37 AM GMT
Good, he deserves it
Report thegiggilo December 18, 2017 7:13 PM GMT
They don't like it up em melv,nearly all my posts get deleted on these forums and the exposure of paedophiles how insane is that..Shocked
Report Dr Crippen December 19, 2017 1:42 PM GMT
They're trying to pee you pair off so that you don't post. I'm not referring to other posters either.
Report tanglefoot December 19, 2017 6:39 PM GMT
Most prob the Daily Mail has blacklisted u
Report Dr Crippen December 19, 2017 7:26 PM GMT
We know now why we expect to read posts like that from dom888.
Report thegiggilo December 19, 2017 9:23 PM GMT
Definitely someones reporting the posts that's 1.01,what I don't understand is why modertators do it..you can work out who they are as well if you leave the same general comments on other threads..Silly
Report Dr Crippen December 19, 2017 9:52 PM GMT
Definitely someones reporting the posts that's 1.01,

No it's not 1.01 at all thegigilo.
Report thegiggilo December 20, 2017 2:55 AM GMT
Have been on here at least 12 years and only this last couple of weeks have I had posts removed,also most of the posts are to get a reaction from posters to defend the indefensible but instead the posts just disappear.
Report thegiggilo December 20, 2017 2:55 AM GMT
Have been on here at least 12 years and only this last couple of weeks have I had posts removed,also most of the posts are to get a reaction from posters to defend the indefensible but instead the posts just disappear.
Report jed.davison December 20, 2017 12:16 PM GMT
Quality control would be my guess.
Report Dr Crippen December 20, 2017 1:37 PM GMT
That might be the case dom888, or there could be another two explanations why the one you posted here has been removed.

Your last post is along the same lines as the one which was removed. Yet you seem pretty confident to post similar stuff again, despite claiming you were reported for it.

If I'd just had a post removed, I certainly wouldn't stick my neck out like that so soon, unless I was sure of my ground for some reason.
Report dom888 December 20, 2017 2:09 PM GMT
I wouldnt be too surprised if its the clown above me. Fortunately there is a block function so I dont have to read his bilge anymore.
Report Dr Crippen December 20, 2017 2:26 PM GMT
He's calling me a name after his post was deleted for the same thing.

If that's not suspicious then what is?

A regular poster in his position would be backing off instead of trying to provoke me.
Report thegiggilo December 20, 2017 7:22 PM GMT
jed.davison 20 Dec 17 12:16  

Quality control would be my guess

Yes jedd the high quality posts defending trump and anti muslim posts are top notch,if you've got an iq below 80..
Report unitedbiscuits December 20, 2017 7:52 PM GMT
Someone's fingerprints all over this.
Report Dr Crippen December 20, 2017 8:01 PM GMT
How easily people can be misled.
Report Esox December 21, 2017 5:31 AM GMT
What happened to freedom of speech and the principle " I don't agree with what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it "
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 10:39 AM GMT
The little dog laughed to see such fun.
Report dom888 December 21, 2017 10:56 AM GMT

Dec 21, 2017 -- 5:31AM, Esox wrote:

What happened to freedom of speech and the principle " I don't agree with what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it "

In north korea and betfairistan there are other principles

Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 11:47 AM GMT
That's not quite true dom888, certain people on here can write what they choose to write  and with little fear of a ban.
Although they have toned it down lately, so as not to stand out too much from the rest.
Report dom888 December 21, 2017 11:53 AM GMT
I guess crippen or someone else know one of the mods otherwise it wouldnt be tolerated to denigrate lefts but when rights are denigrated it disappears within hours.
Report moisok December 21, 2017 12:04 PM GMT
you want to try the bastion of free speech - the gruniad - put an anti eu opinion up and you will get banned
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 12:15 PM GMT
If people think that it's right reporting left and left reporting right then look at the Gina Miller's inevitable U turn thread 

Scroll down to  edy  18 Dec 17 10:00

Now answer this - if someone is reporting left-wing posters, or if stuff can be removed on request, why is that still there?

Both can't be true.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 12:28 PM GMT
Both can't be true.

Should have said if both are true.
Report edy December 21, 2017 12:56 PM GMT
Simple - I'm universally respected and liked due to my splendidly mannered, knowledgeable, charming and humble nature.
Report edy December 21, 2017 1:03 PM GMT
In addition to the above it might also be a bit of stretch to expect even the most vicious and rampant post reporter to go after someone simply stating where he grew up.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 1:05 PM GMT
Yes edy, apart from your obscene language.

And you were soon on the job here weren't you?
Report edy December 21, 2017 1:09 PM GMT
Obscenity court ruling[edit]
Perhaps the best-known use of the term is in the title of the 1977 punk rock album Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols. Testimony in a resulting prosecution over the term demonstrated that in Old English, the word referred to a priest, and could also be used to mean "nonsense". Defence barrister John Mortimer QC and Virgin Records won the case: the court ruled that the word was not obscene.[48] It just means "put aside all of that other rubbish and pay attention to this."[1] In a summary for the defence, Mortimer asked,

“    What sort of country are we living in if a politician comes to Nottingham and speaks here to a group of people in the city centre and during his speech a heckler replies ‘bollocks’. Are we to expect this person to be incarcerated, or do we live in a country where we are proud of our Anglo-Saxon language? Do we wish our language to be virile and strong or watered down and weak?[49]    ”
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 1:12 PM GMT
2.to be (or contains anything which is) racist, vulgar, hateful, obscene, profane, threatening, insulting or offensive;

Here you can go through some of these as well.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 1:13 PM GMT
Try vulgar or offensive next.
Report edy December 21, 2017 1:13 PM GMT
It was super officially ruled as not obscene by an English court. Pay attention, mate.
Report edy December 21, 2017 1:14 PM GMT
Law&order, buddy.
Report edy December 21, 2017 1:16 PM GMT
Now, maybe you don't value law&order and don't respect court decisions, but I do.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 1:24 PM GMT
From the same judgement.

The chairman of the hearing was forced to conclude:

Much as my colleagues and I wholeheartedly deplore the vulgar exploitation of the worst instincts of human nature for the purchases of commercial profits by both you and your company, we must reluctantly find you not guilty of each of the four charges.

So you see edy baby, vulgar covers it along with offensive.

You have to understand what you are reading before you jump in. Not just twist everything simply to suit your own poor standards.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 1:29 PM GMT
edy baby,
Vulgar or offensive seems to cover the use of the word as you used it there.

Countless posts have been removed for far less than that.

So if everything that can be reported is being reported, or stuff can be removed on request, why is your post still there?
Report edy December 21, 2017 1:29 PM GMT

Dec 21, 2017 -- 12:56PM, edy wrote:

Simple - I'm universally respected and liked due to my splendidly mannered, knowledgeable, charming and humble nature.

Report edy December 21, 2017 1:36 PM GMT
Or what do you think?
Report edy December 21, 2017 1:36 PM GMT
Could be the reason?
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 1:38 PM GMT
I don't recognise that description edy, especially after another poster had to slap you down for your condescending manner.
Which you were even bragging about in a later post.

That makes you one of the least liked amongst posters, and a prime target for this report brigade there is so much talk about.

So if that is true, why is your offensive post still up?
Report edy December 21, 2017 1:46 PM GMT
I wasn't particularly bragging about it. More bemoaning and regretting that tendency of mine in response to that particular poster because he's actually very nice and decent lad.

As for additional reasons apart from my stellar positive reputation around these parts. Maybe the forum's internal search feature returning more than 6000 posts containing the term you fake enragement about for no other reason than to wee-wee on my leg (was that choice of words innocent enough for you?) could be a clue.
Report edy December 21, 2017 2:00 PM GMT
and betfair forum staff are all law-abiding citizens that respect court decisions like me, unlike you.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 2:01 PM GMT
wee-wee on my leg

With regard to the edy I imagine, me standing in front of you and farting in your face would be more likely.
Report edy December 21, 2017 2:07 PM GMT
That would be humourous, kind of arousing even, but my knees are kind of in bad shape and I'm over 6ft tall. Hence from a logistics perspective that could lead to problems if we can't find a ladder for our kinky farting games.

I have to say I'm blushing a bit here. I didn't expect you to roll like that too..
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 2:28 PM GMT
The posts that melv is referring to here wouldn't be offensive to anyone.

Yet melv's posts are being removed the same as many others are removed for no apparent reason that anyone can see. While eddy's post would be a sitting duck for removal, if a game of tit-for-tat of reporting were going on between different political camps.

So there has to be another reason why melv's stuff keeps going missing.

And a further reason still why edy seems to operate on here with impunity if the tit-for-tat idea is valid.
Report edy December 21, 2017 2:35 PM GMT
Please, the two of us have even had our usually fantastic conversations centre around various of perfectly innocent posts of mine having been removed. Something we both agreed is incredibly regrettable because future readers lose context when reading our splendid, well worth reading exchanges at a later point in time.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 2:44 PM GMT
Not that I readily recall.  Yet that adds more fuel to the fire if it is true.

The answer then, if it is not other posters responsible for getting posts removed, must be that the moderators are removing posts for their own reasons.

And targeting certain posters.
Report edy December 21, 2017 2:46 PM GMT
So my various posts that we talked about were removed because moderators are specifically targeting me (among others) but are leaving my sitting duck for removal posts alone and generally let me operate in impunity? Are you sure you thought that through?
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 2:53 PM GMT
They might remove them randomly or simply to disrupt conversations.
Or someone else might be monitoring the forum  during that session.

Haven't you got any imagination edy? Can't you think for yourself?
Report edy December 21, 2017 2:54 PM GMT
You trying this hard all thread long to deflect away from forum posts being removed upon user reporting is super suspicious.
Report edy December 21, 2017 2:55 PM GMT
Targeting specific users, but removing posts at total random, oh and those users they target can post with impunity. No, I don't have that much imagination.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 3:05 PM GMT
You see edy you're twisting what I wrote. You're taking my points out of context, on purpose of course. Because of what you are.

My point is valid about other posters not being responsible for missing posts.
The evidence is clear.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 3:09 PM GMT
I've already said that I don't recall any posts in conversations between us being removed.
Yet now your talking about it as a fact.

What is your opinion regarding posts being removed?
Surely even people like yourself have got their own opinions on stuff occasionally.
Report edy December 21, 2017 3:30 PM GMT
People report posts, often out of vengeance or because they're plain silly. Sometimes you get forum staff that deletes things without reading, sometimes the reports are processed by forum staff that actually reads the posts.
Report edy December 21, 2017 3:33 PM GMT
It's only been a month since we talked about posts of mine, as well as posts of yours, having been removed. Does our love mean so little to you that you really don't remember? And here I was thinking we had a good thing going when you offered to fullfil my deepest sexual wishes in your post at 2:01 PM today.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 5:18 PM GMT
At last a post from edy at 15:30 where he addresses the point. How long did that take?

His answer might cover the odd post. Although he says the Betfair staff remove stuff without reading them. How could he know that?
He wrote that sentence like he's very familiar with how the Betfair staff operate.

So if they only read some of the stuff, then what do they base their bans on?
You're saying in effect that posters will only pick up a ban if the Betfair moderator reads the post.
And other posts they don't read can contain all kinds of obnoxious stuff, and they simply get removed.
Or not removed in the case of eddy's offensive post if that was reported and read.
Report edy December 21, 2017 5:36 PM GMT
Is it just me or is it a tad weird if someone who openly fantasises about farting into other people's faces keeps banging on about a synonym for "nonsense" being offensive?

How could he know that?

Maybe I'm a secret agent. Maybe I slept my way into being on the good side of betfair staff. Maybe I'm betfair staff myself. Maybe I'm a platinum forum customer. Maybe Betfair has a secret list of forum users with special privileges and I'm on it. A list with people that have proven to be well-mannered and responsible enough to only use words like dyke to describe "A long wall or embankment built to prevent flooding from the sea" and not as a slur word towards minorities like many others on here would.

All more likely than betfair staff going randomly deleting posts for some giggles or them having a hit list of perfectly innocent posters that they target.

You're saying in effect that posters will only pick up a ban if the Betfair moderator reads the post.
And other posts they don't read can contain all kinds of obnoxious stuff, and they simply get removed.

Sounds like a perfect explanation for some people still being around to me.
Report Dr Crippen December 21, 2017 6:39 PM GMT
Why do my posts keep disappearing. "The political tide is turning" disappeared then "Brexit has not a clue what it wants."  disappeared.

With edy taking on the role of Betfair's representative in this matter, perhaps he can explain why melv's threads were removed for no apparent reason?
Report moisok December 26, 2017 5:44 PM GMT
he supports the fascist eu super state to crush all opposition in front of it and to punish any who dare to speak up

Orwell's Oceania is well on its way but airstrip one will not be involved as we are leaving
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now