Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dr Crippen
18 Nov 17 20:29
| Topic/replies: 29,548 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
I've just been watching a BBC interview with the brilliant Jacob Rees Mogg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSKl3_rXfbk

The Brexit stuff is ten minutes in.
Moggy reckons the EU set up will go over a financial cliff if the UK leave in 2019 without a deal.
They desperately need UK money to manage their enormous budget, without which the other larger members will have to shell out chunks they're not prepared to find. 
Remember they have to keep the non-payers as well. And there are plenty of them in the EU.

He says that offering £20 billion for a deal is a lot, in view of the powerful position the UK holds should decide it walk away and trade with them under WTO rules.
That's why they're holding out for more money from us. They're be really in the soup without it.
Looks like we've got them over a barrel.

Why isn't stuff like that splashed all over the BBC news and the sell Britain short press?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Without UK money the EU is insolvent.
Show More
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 11:28 AM GMT
PP,

If we had a war, they'd have to round you lot up and intern you for the duration.
Report dave1357 November 21, 2017 11:34 AM GMT
ha ha , Crippen now having a fantasy about going to war with the EU.

The reason Crippen doesn't believe in the moon landings, is because the astronauts wouldn't swear an oath on the bible, maybe Crippen wants everyone to swear an oath that they're loyal to brexit and put them in detention camps if they refuse.
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 21, 2017 11:35 AM GMT
aah, I'm a traitor nowLaugh

Jesus lad, give your head a wobble.
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 11:46 AM GMT
It's shocking when you think about it.
People who put other countries' interests before their own.

Even worse than that is discussing a serious subject and then sticking a silly little face on the end of a sentence.

How old are you PP?
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 11:49 AM GMT
I picture a teenage girl sitting in her room texting her friends with her head in the clouds when I see a little yellow face on a post.

You're not a teenage girl are you PP?
Report treetop November 21, 2017 11:55 AM GMT
Crips,you are wasting your time debating with closed minds. We need to get out and it is worth conceding a few quid to move things on to placate our own brainwashed remainers to let go of their comfort blankets.May is 100% decent trying to implement the referendum decision made against a disgraceful campaign of Fear,she has had to endure endless backstabbing from Blair and his band of fools and will see it through to my mind.
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 21, 2017 11:56 AM GMT
Jesus crippen, I think you might have posted that on the wrong forum.
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 12:03 PM GMT
Well treetop,
The Soviets used to shoot people like them or put them in asylums.
Not that I'd waste money putting them in asylums.
Report bigpoppapump November 21, 2017 12:11 PM GMT
Even worse than that is discussing a serious subject and then sticking a silly little face on the end of a sentence.

Well treetop,

so the use of smileys is beyond the pale, but discussing death sentences as a political option is within bounds.

o-kay.

Shocked
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 12:15 PM GMT
Roll up roll up,

This is the place to run down your own country.

Crikey we'll soon have enough of them on this thread to form a football team.
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 12:15 PM GMT
They could call themselves the anti-UK eleven.
Report dave1357 November 21, 2017 12:22 PM GMT
You brexiters are the wreckers, every week that becomes more obvious as the lies of the leave campaign are exposed.
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 21, 2017 12:22 PM GMT
It'd be terrible if doc found himself banned for making threats.

Not that I'd report him obviously. I wouldn't waste my time. But y'know.

Oh, and Happy
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 12:23 PM GMT
It would be terrible if I threatened anyone.
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 12:26 PM GMT
Not that I'd report him obviously. I wouldn't waste my time. But y'know.

I like that from PP. He's alerting everyone to the possibility that I might have crossed the line, so get the post flagged up chaps while the time is ripe.

He's probably already flagged it anyway.

Which one was it by the way?
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 21, 2017 12:45 PM GMT
Fair to say doc you weren't at the front of the queue when god was dishing out noodles. Go and get yourself some Brain Force geezer.
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 1:23 PM GMT
PP,
Oh I see, I misunderstood your post.
It wasn't your intention to draw everyone's attention to the fact that there might be something to report.

If you didn't intend to do that, then isn't it you not I who needs to raise their game?
Report Dr Crippen November 23, 2017 9:50 AM GMT
“The United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union will have considerable consequences for the European economy and society”, Dr. Christine Bortenschläger, Chief Executive of DAI mentions in the paper, “It is not yet possible to predict how those will look like in detail since the outcome of the ongoing negotiations between the United Kingdom and the European Union is still completely open. This means that companies are losing valuable time they need to adjust to the new situation.”

Taken from the link supplied by unitedbiscuits, from an article where he only picked out negative speculation for the UK's position.

If there's any truth in that, then why should we continue lining their pockets with UK money when they need a deal as much as we do?
Report InsiderTrader November 23, 2017 10:27 AM GMT
dave1357
21 Nov 17 12:22
| Topic/replies: 6,325 | Blogger: dave1357's blog
You brexiters are the wreckers, every week that becomes more obvious as the lies of the leave campaign are exposed.

give us the 70 lies from the leave side please dave.
Report moisok November 23, 2017 12:48 PM GMT
simply - they are after out money - they are going to lose so much when our contributions stop so they might as well try and blag as much cash now

don't pay a penny
Report treetop November 24, 2017 11:28 PM GMT
The EU bureaucrats are delaying for more money to give them time to analyse the impact upon their own wasteful budget plans in the years to come.
Report moisok November 26, 2017 1:02 PM GMT
Dear herr merkel,
  We are a bit strapped for cash.  Sorry we can't afford a penny.
Report sageform November 27, 2017 8:07 PM GMT
The EU seem to have just one strategy at the moment. Delay a deal indefinitely so that we have to keep paying our membership fee.
Report Shab November 28, 2017 6:45 AM GMT
Their strategy is to try to delay our leaving until past the next election, hoping that a new Government will cancel it.
Report Shab November 28, 2017 6:46 AM GMT
btw, that was one of the main reasons May went for the election this year - to give herself 5 years before the next one.
Report bigpoppapump November 28, 2017 2:28 PM GMT
There's a growing contempt in the EU for the comical inability of the UK Government to enact any kind of coherent strategy for the exit process.  The chances of a deal are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Whether that's important or not remains to be seen, but it certainly blows away any sort of will-of-the-people claim for what is currently being done to the UK.  The referendum was won on the basis of a different argument.
Report tanglefoot November 28, 2017 6:44 PM GMT
UK following the right strategy,chaos theory.
Report thegiggilo November 29, 2017 1:04 AM GMT
Looking like 48 billion maybe more!!Shocked
Report sageform November 29, 2017 8:06 AM GMT
I really don't understand the logic. Are we paying this to stay in the EU single market which will almost certainly deny us the chance to trade freely with India, South America etc. So what will have changed? We have 2 choices. Go on as we are or leave the single market and the EU. The only consolation will be that Juncker will not be able to decide when we are forced to join the Euro.
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 29, 2017 8:16 AM GMT
£100BN!!!ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
Report Dr Crippen November 29, 2017 11:02 AM GMT
''A senior EU official told the Guardian on Tuesday night that the UK appeared ready to honour its share of unpaid bills, loans, pensions and other EU liabilities which could total £53bn to £58bn.''

Which is not quite what the anti-UK brigade are trying to make out the exit money is for.
And of course paying it spread over how many years? I've heard it will be decades.
Report dave1357 November 29, 2017 11:36 AM GMT
Crippen please link evidence supporting your assertion.  I can link plenty of brextits saying that we have no liabilities at all.
Report Dr Crippen November 29, 2017 12:10 PM GMT
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/29/brexit-bill-of-50bn-no-more...
Report Dr Crippen November 29, 2017 12:16 PM GMT
See if that's better

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/29/brexit-bill-of-50bn-no-more-than-what-uk-owes-eu-says-grayling
Report dave1357 November 29, 2017 1:01 PM GMT
Not evidence that you've discovered what remainers have been saying for months or evidence that Grayling's epiphany is anything other evidence of his stupidity, but evidence that remainers were saying the leaving bill was for anything other than "unpaid bills, loans, pensions and other EU liabilities".
Report dom888 November 29, 2017 1:33 PM GMT
There will be no change at all. The only thing that have changed. UK is not in the EU anymore. Maybe. Lol.
Report moisok November 29, 2017 1:54 PM GMT
The remain destroyers talking down uk plc seem to be failing badly. Despite the massive funding from the eu propaganda ministry of truth (with some of our money)
Report dave1357 November 29, 2017 2:00 PM GMT
nurse!
Report Dr Crippen November 29, 2017 2:22 PM GMT
Yes moisok the UK pays the EU for pro-EU propaganda.
I thought the lefty BBC were anti-Brexit for free, but they get money from the EU as well.
Report edy November 29, 2017 4:09 PM GMT
Which is not quite what the anti-UK brigade are trying to make out the exit money is for.

What did the "anti-UK brigade" try to make out what the brexit bill was for in your mind?
Report moisok November 29, 2017 4:22 PM GMT
Stamp and insult - the destroyer in chief strikes ho ho - I wander why they hate uk plc so much. Do their interests lie elsewhere - with the emphasis on the word lie.
Report sageform November 29, 2017 5:09 PM GMT
I have always been willing for UK to pay amounts that can be supported by past contractual agreements and to settle past debts that can again be supported by signed documents. What I am not in favour of is paying a ransom amount dreamed up by the EU negotiators. What I still want an answer to is this:
If we are allowed free access to the EU single market, will be able to trade with any other non EU country on different terms from those we have imposed on us now by the EU. If the answer is no, then we have not really left at all. For me the main reason for voting leave was to free us from constraints imposed to protect the high cost enclave called the EU.
Report moisok November 29, 2017 5:36 PM GMT
It is clearly very simple but others want to block, hamper or even destroy leaving.  Clearly the massively financed propaganda arm of the eu is working quite well but we have voted to leave.  Unless the ministry of truth can re write history just as it has done with the eu musuem.
Report moisok November 29, 2017 5:44 PM GMT
they spent 47 million on it!!!
Report dave1357 November 29, 2017 8:29 PM GMT
I have always been willing for UK to pay amounts that can be supported by past contractual agreements and to settle past debts that can again be supported by signed documents. What I am not in favour of is paying a ransom amount dreamed up by the EU negotiators

Indeed sageform, but try to get the Brexiters to accept that.  They say that we don't owe anything and should only pay something to get a trade deal.

@edy I've already asked Crippen that question, he hasn't answered so gl.
Report Dr Crippen November 30, 2017 10:19 AM GMT
@edy I've already asked Crippen that question, he hasn't answered so gl.

I did answer, I sent you a link which explained everything for you.

So why say I didn't answer when I did?

Indeed sageform, but try to get the Brexiters to accept that.  They say that we don't owe anything and should only pay something to get a trade deal.

That's clearly not the case, and again the link I sent you explained the UK's position perfectly.
Report dom888 November 30, 2017 10:30 AM GMT
Unbelievable how many brexiteers post here 24/7. Benefit scroungers should better get a job.
Report lfc1971 November 30, 2017 10:33 AM GMT
there we are again , that's a remainer
I have yet to meet a nice one , they can only be what they are
Report Dr Crippen November 30, 2017 10:43 AM GMT
Yes lfc they're still seething over losing the referendum.

And it shows.
Report lfc1971 November 30, 2017 10:47 AM GMT
I only pretend to listen to them dr c , they don't like that
Report lfc1971 November 30, 2017 10:48 AM GMT
But it's good for them , they deserve it with the way they behave
Report dave1357 November 30, 2017 11:15 AM GMT
@ Crippen

I did answer, I sent you a link which explained everything for you.

err it didn't answer anything other than apparently "No" to the question "Can Crippen understand the long words used in broadsheet articles".

You still have provided no proof to back up your claim that "anti-UK brigade are trying to make out the exit money is for..." something other than "unpaid bills, loans, pensions and other EU liabilities".
Report InsiderTrader November 30, 2017 11:29 AM GMT
Dave back to his distortion and diversion tactics on this thread.
Report dave1357 November 30, 2017 12:00 PM GMT
Crippen's post at 11.02 was a poster child of "distortion and diversion"

But I suppose when one of your buddies is questioned and you know he has no answer you have to support him by attacking the questioner, it's the way your little gang works.
Report Dr Crippen November 30, 2017 2:50 PM GMT
I told dave earlier on the thread he'd be better off staying on Chit Chat.

He only appears on threads to attack other posters which is clear from the posts he's made here.
A chance to insult someone is all he's after.
Report dave1357 November 30, 2017 3:31 PM GMT
Crippen if you find it insulting when you are confronted for talking nonsense, the solution to your problem is straightforward.
Report Dr Crippen November 30, 2017 4:24 PM GMT
Chit Chat is the place for you dave, or of course one of the sports forums.
They seem to attract your kind.
Report dave1357 November 30, 2017 4:54 PM GMT
Some of Crippen's contributions to this thread

Dr Crippen    Joined: 16 Apr 02
Replies: 30949 21 Nov 17 11:28 
PP,

If we had a war, they'd have to round you lot up and intern you for the duration.
Dr Crippen    21 Nov 17 11:49 
I picture a teenage girl sitting in her room texting her friends with her head in the clouds when I see a little yellow face on a post.

You're not a teenage girl are you PP?

Dr Crippen    21 Nov 17 12:03 
Well treetop,

And he attacks me?
Report bigpoppapump November 30, 2017 5:04 PM GMT
yeah, top quality poster is Crippen.

LaughLove
Report dom888 November 30, 2017 5:28 PM GMT
I didnt expect anything else from right wing extremists supporter
Report moisok November 30, 2017 7:43 PM GMT
You have to remember very few would be voting to leave.  Even the government had no contingency plans for brexit.  It was such a shock to be proven wrong and they never got over it.  Since then it has been and eu propaganda department destruction campaign.  Part funded by taxpayers money.  Bitter bitter bitter.
Report fife December 1, 2017 7:16 PM GMT
I see crappen has left with his tail between his legsLaugh
Report Dr Crippen December 2, 2017 11:22 AM GMT
It's remarkable how these forums attract the undesirable types.
It's even more remarkable how quickly they can turn a civil discussion into bad tempered bickering. Or abuse in the case of lefties.
No wonder they never get on when they're so full of spite.

The one line at a time child poster fife is another good example.
Report edy December 2, 2017 12:17 PM GMT
While you telling other forumites that you'd shoot them (instead of putting them in an asylum) or that they should be rounded up is the gold standard of chivalry.
Report Dr Crippen December 2, 2017 12:30 PM GMT
While you telling other forumites that you'd shoot them (instead of putting them in an asylum)

I clearly didn't say I'd shoot anyone.

What does that make you edy?
Report edy December 2, 2017 12:36 PM GMT
No, of course

Well treetop,

is not at all an implication that you'd shoot them. No way. Never. Clearly it isn't.

The lil innocent victimized lamb doesn't wash if it's done by someone like you.
Report edy December 2, 2017 12:37 PM GMT
*lil victimized lamb act
Report Dr Crippen December 2, 2017 12:42 PM GMT
''Someone like you''
And what's that?

At least I don't come on here simply to have a pop at other posters which is what you're doing here.
Report Dr Crippen December 2, 2017 12:43 PM GMT
edy, see my post at 02 Dec 17 11:22   

Recognise anyone?
Report edy December 2, 2017 12:49 PM GMT
Dr Crippen • December 2, 2017 12:42 PM GMT
''Someone like you''
And what's that?

At least I don't come on here simply to have a pop at other posters which is what you're doing here.

Uhm...what exactly other than that did you do with your first post on this thread today? And your second, and your third, and your fourth? Basically every post today....and countless others on this thread and across the forum in general?

Also mate, I contributed more actual facts and knowledge to this thread than you did.
Report Dr Crippen December 2, 2017 12:53 PM GMT
My posts here today where in reply to other rude posts against me. They were nothing to do with you.

So why did you poke your nose?

The answer is clear.
Report edy December 2, 2017 12:56 PM GMT
"The others started it" is how my four year old niece always tries to justify her own naughty actions as well. I'm a die-hard left-winger which made me feel addressed by your post, but good to know you neither consider me undesirable, nor a leftie, nor full of spite. Should enable us to have many more awesome conversations.
Report edy December 2, 2017 12:58 PM GMT
And I can only repeat what I already said: Playing the lil innocent victim of rude attacks doesn't wash if you're often rude yourself and even talk about wanting to shoot people.
Report Dr Crippen December 5, 2017 11:54 AM GMT
and even talk about wanting to shoot people.

That's clearly a lie edy.
I didn't write anything of the kind, and it is above for all to see.

You've simply chosen to interpret it that way, even after you had read my denial of that intention to another poster.

I find your kind particularly distasteful.
Report edy December 5, 2017 2:11 PM GMT
Ok, verbose, plausible explanation of what you meant to say then, please.
Report edy December 5, 2017 2:12 PM GMT
Judging from comments of others I'm far from the only person to interpret that pretty obvious implication of yours that way btw.
Report edy December 5, 2017 2:20 PM GMT
Actually, I reconsidered. You winding and continued dishonesty on it is becoming very embarrassing. I'll spare you from doing any further damage to yourself. Let's make a cut here.
Report Dr Crippen December 5, 2017 3:04 PM GMT
You winding and continued dishonesty on it is becoming very embarrassing.

Don't you mean my showing you up for trying to make something out of nothing is becoming embarrassing for you.

There's nothing in any of my posts for me to be embarrassed about on this thread.
If you choose to twist them into something they aren't that's your problem not mine.

And coming on here purely to attack other posters is another problem of yours you need to address.
Report edy December 5, 2017 3:51 PM GMT
Ok, if you don't want me to spare you and make a cut - verbose, plausible explanation of what you actually meant to say then, please. I'm all ears for more of your, kind of adorable in some ways, winding.

Also, today alone I made 3 other fabulously awesome, completely unattacking posts in other threads on politics and chit chat before replying to a post of yours. So, please refrain from making untenable statements like your last one. Thank you!
Report dave1357 December 5, 2017 4:13 PM GMT
Crippen there is simply no defence to the accusation.  You said

Well treetop,

You indicated that given the choice you would rather save money by shooting "people like them".  I really think your only tactic here is to put your fingers in your ears and pretend that your participation in this thread never happened.
Report fife December 5, 2017 4:18 PM GMT
Well done dave1357 and edy for showing crappen up for the nasty piece of work he appears on here.
Report edy December 5, 2017 4:31 PM GMT
It's not actually that nasty a piece of work. We've all said worse things in our lives, right? I certainly have. Loose fingers and mouth, you know? It was never my intention to point him out as particularly nasty and worse than anyone else.

The pathetic part is just the he loves to play the poor lil innocent holier than thou victim of all the other so much more nasty and evil folks. When in fact he is quite the opposite of just a victim. Then the incesssant winding around like an eel instead of just simply manning up. That could be good and interesting back and forth if he was creative and came up with some really clever reasonings to maneuver his winding, but he sadly isn't.
Report lfc1971 December 5, 2017 4:42 PM GMT
i think we can all agree that no one on here would wish to shoot anyone ,
could dr Crippen then simply mean that he wouldn't waste money putting them in asylums ?
Report lfc1971 December 5, 2017 4:44 PM GMT
Once you eliminate the obvious truth that no one should be shot that is the only plausible explanation
Report lfc1971 December 5, 2017 4:46 PM GMT
I think Crippen is entitled to an apology at least
Report fife December 5, 2017 4:49 PM GMT
lfc1971 I wish I could share your faith in certain posters on here.
Report lfc1971 December 5, 2017 4:49 PM GMT
We don't like to put people in asylums in Britain unless absolutely necessary , and we certainly don't shoot them
Unlike soviet Russia and Nazi Germany
That's a good thing surely ?
Report fife December 5, 2017 4:52 PM GMT
I think if apologies were to be given out on here Crippen would end up with RSI the amount of people he will have offended over the years.
Report lfc1971 December 5, 2017 4:53 PM GMT
: )
Report lfc1971 December 5, 2017 4:54 PM GMT
well , some of them deserve it
Report edy December 5, 2017 5:00 PM GMT

Dec 5, 2017 -- 10:49AM, lfc1971 wrote:

We don't like to put people in asylums in Britain unless absolutely necessary , and we certainly don't shoot themUnlike soviet Russia and Nazi Germany That's a good thing surely ?

This is one of the reasons I like you. You're clever and often come up with interesting alternative narratives like this.

Report edy December 5, 2017 5:01 PM GMT
Of course you don't believe it either, but it's the creativity and effort I appreciate and value.
Report lfc1971 December 5, 2017 5:02 PM GMT
you caught me by surprise there edy
Report edy December 5, 2017 5:05 PM GMT
let's stop there before others tell us to get a room, shall we?
Report lfc1971 December 5, 2017 5:10 PM GMT
of course , we don't need to say anything more

We've already said too much !
Report Dr Crippen December 5, 2017 7:14 PM GMT
I must thank lfc in explaining my position for me in my absence.

Yet I don't believe that edy and the rest of the pack couldn't see that for themselves.

They might be thick, but they're not that thick that the blindingly obvious eludes them.
Report edy December 5, 2017 8:05 PM GMT
Mate, lfc was just joking and doing his usual creative narration thing for you because he knew you'd be unable to come up with anything reasonable. Yet it's not really plausible and in line especially with the phrasing of yours, but it's as good an alternative version as someone even as clever as lfc could possibly have come up for source material so....blindingly obvious.

That will be my last comment on this. I already made my main points at 4:31 GMT today and at other points. As I said, my intention wasn't so much to put you on the pillory. It was much more simply making you aware that anybody who is a just a tiny bit aware of your postings will quickly see through how very ironic it is when you of all the people in the world whines about others being oh so rude. After the opening post you started out being hyper condescending, something I'm a real expert at, with Rydal because he dared not answer your question within half an hour. You see, we are very alike. That's something I'd do as well, my long lost very condescending and rude brother.

Anyway, let's put the focus back on what the topic was actually meant to be before InsiderTrader derailed it and we all happily jumped on.
Report Dr Crippen December 8, 2017 3:50 PM GMT
Let's make a cut here.

Then six posts and three days later:

That will be my last comment on this.

Yet it's not until 7 lines later that he finally shuts up.

And it seems my opening exchange with Rydal upset him as well. That's quite some complex edy has got there judging by this:

After the opening post you started out being hyper condescending, something I'm a real expert at, with Rydal because he dared not answer your question within half an hour. You see, we are very alike. That's something I'd do as well, my long lost very condescending and rude brother.

Phew, off his rocker or what?
Report edy December 8, 2017 4:48 PM GMT
Has Moggy's opinion this thread is about been confirmed in recent days as the divorce talks culminated? If not, why is he not louder and demand May's head for agreeing to so much money being handed over without any need at all because the UK could've easily had the EU and the remaining members by its balls?
Report treetop December 13, 2017 11:29 AM GMT
Perhaps Moggy has more brains than he is given credit for by refusing to shout and scream in Parliament.He makes well balanced interjections with out malice that achieve far more than the loudmouths in Westminster.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now