Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
15 Nov 17 21:01
| Topic/replies: 18,127 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
I have looked but no thread about her? As it happens I have corresponded with this woman by letter and have been impressed with her replies.

I don't know all the  in's and outs of her resignation but the thing that puzzles me most is why her past job title actually exists.

Secretary of State for International Development??? If I was Prime Minister I would let this ministerial job slowly disappear.

I might reconsider this post when every food bank disappears and there is proper affordable housing in this country, plus a more  a more funded NHS/Armed forces get the

money they deserve. Until then I will never agree with this unnecessary ministerial post that exists.

Any non sarcastic replies welcome.
Share |
Show More
Report bigpoppapump November 16, 2017 9:00 AM GMT
international aid is something we do for own benefit.
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 16, 2017 9:29 AM GMT
Yep, if we help to eradicate poverty and suffering in poorer nations then we won't have as many of those nasty foreigners here taking our jobs and pinching our benefits. Win win.
Report bigpoppapump November 16, 2017 10:35 AM GMT
zero sum economic analysis - if we stop feeding brown babies over there we can feed more of our own...

good populist stuff (and total nonsense).
Report moisok November 16, 2017 2:31 PM GMT
I wonder when they may start on reducing poverty in Africa.
I speak as an ex collector for save the children circa 1960
Report DIE LINKE November 16, 2017 5:17 PM GMT
Suggest you watch "Yes Minister - The Official Visit", Stewarty. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ez9XZWG7A
Report stewarty b November 16, 2017 7:51 PM GMT
I thought that link may have been two minutes DIE LINKE but there's no way I could suffer twenty eight minutes of that nonsense. When I say that I could never watch the programme full stop.

Anyways, some interesting replies and although the points I made are valid in my opinion It irks me some what about that ministerial job no end.

We are supposed to be the 5th or 6th richest nation on earth and yet we borrow millions each day to get by.

Truly mind-boggling when you think about it.
Report Dr Crippen November 16, 2017 9:10 PM GMT
What is the advantage for the UK in giving so much away?
No doubt some of it goes towards training people abroad, who then come and work in the UK.

Like the situation in Afghanistan, where their head of government was complaining about his own people leaving, after American dollars had been spent in his country training people, who then promptly left to work somewhere else.

That could account for some of it but what about the rest?

What is it .7% of GDP?
Report akabula November 16, 2017 9:22 PM GMT
bigpoppapump
zero sum economic analysis - if we stop feeding brown babies over there we can feed more of our own...
good populist stuff (and total nonsense).

So what is the economic analysis? I know the theory but the reality is that we have little or no say in the actual spending of this cash other than the initial agreement of what the aid is for.
I bet we have wasted more than we have achieved and that many a general and politician has benefitted from our generosity.
Report stewarty b November 16, 2017 9:49 PM GMT
What is it .7% of GDP?

Hammond will know better than me but at a guess a few billion quid.
Report tanglefoot November 16, 2017 11:21 PM GMT
Penny Moudant who took over from Priti Patel is a future Prime Minister of the Uk.
Report DIE LINKE November 16, 2017 11:29 PM GMT
Its in the top 10 British sitcoms of all time, Stewarty.
Report stewarty b November 17, 2017 12:22 AM GMT
Its in the top 10 British sitcoms of all time, Stewarty.

Maybe DIE LINKE but I prefer American sitcoms myself. (barring fools and horses and the old Porridge obviously)
Report DIE LINKE November 17, 2017 9:21 AM GMT
Basically aid is used for multiple reasons. Unofficially for greasing palms, keeping countries "friendly", opening new markets to sell our lovely arms to and the latest ruse of the DfID it to employ old government friends on huge salaries as "consultants".
Report lfc1971 November 17, 2017 9:25 AM GMT
That's why we should stop paying it.
Report Gin November 17, 2017 10:36 AM GMT
2016 International aid figure was £13.3 BILLION which equals £36.4 MILLION every single day of the year.
Report Dr Crippen November 17, 2017 10:45 AM GMT
Thanks Gin.
Report stewarty b November 17, 2017 4:44 PM GMT
2016 International aid figure was £13.3 BILLION which equals £36.4 MILLION every single day of the year.

And that money is not needed here? Seems obscene to me.
Report stewarty b November 18, 2017 12:01 PM GMT

Tory MPs have piled pressure on Philip Hammond to slash the amount Britain spends on foreign aid.

The Chancellor asked backbenchers to come up with ideas for next week's Budget – and received more than 220 written submissions from backbenchers.

The third most important request – behind housing and student finance – was for reductions in overseas aid.

Many Conservative backbenchers are angry that Britain is still meeting the controversial target to spend 0.7 per cent of national income on aid – currently around £13billion.

Now they have warned Mr Hammond this is wrong when frontline domestic services such as hospitals and the police are struggling.

The strength of feeling will put pressure on the Chancellor to announce some loosening of the target.

But Theresa May has repeatedly stated that she wants to see the 0.7 per cent target continue.

It comes just days after Labour's first aid minister Clare Short called for the 'destructive' foreign aid target to be dropped.

And Jack Straw, the former Foreign Secretary, said: 'I don't think protected budgets are an aid to good government.'

The Tories' move was welcomed by Jacob Rees-Mogg, MP for North East Somerset, who did not himself put the proposal in his submission.

He said: 'It is a view I share. When expenditure is squeezed in key areas such as health and defence, it is odd to ring-fence overseas aid.

'This is exacerbated by the lax controls over some of the spending to meet an arbitrary target.'

Fellow Tory MP Andrew Bridgen said: 'One pound out of every £8 in aid comes from the UK, and we haven't seen other countries rushing to match our generosity.

'There are many other pressing needs for taxpayers' Treasury funds within the UK – from schools and hospitals to social care, the police and the armed forces.

'An arbitrary 0.7 per cent target can create the situation where if GDP is adjusted upwards at the end of the year, money is shovelled out of the door.

'That is never going to be efficient spending. Mis-spending taxpayers' money never aids anyone.'

In the summer a watchdog warned that aid cash was being sent overseas in a desperate last-minute attempt to hit the target.

The National Audit Office (NAO) said departments were dishing out as much as 98 per cent of their budgets in the final three months of the year.

Keeping the target in line with economic growth means ministers have to find new ways of spending ever greater sums.

In a major review, the NAO said Ministers were failing to ensure officials could cope with the extra expenditure.

It raised concerns over accountability and whether the success or failure of schemes was being assessed properly.

The watchdog found there were problems with officials splurging cash shortly before end-of-year deadlines – with five Government departments using half or more of their overseas development budget in the last three months.

Jacob Rees-Mogg, pictured, said it was 'odd' to ring-fence overseas aid when there was a 'squeeze' on expenditure   

Mr Straw told Prospect magazine last week that protected budgets led to 'sloppy' decision-making.

'Those departments don't have to argue their corner and they get sloppy,' he said.

'It leads to officials in DfID searching for projects to spend money. An awful lot of money goes to spend on jobs for middle-class whites.'

Miss Short, who was the UK's first international development secretary, said the money could be better spent in a different way.

She added: 'I am afraid the department has lost capacity and that 0.7 [per cent] has ended up being destructive. Money is useful if it is well spent, not in itself.'

The ex-minister said that while the target was a 'good idea' it had gone wrong in practice, and there needed to be a 'serious debate about what has gone wrong and how to put it right.

It would be great to keep 0.7 and refocus, but this may not be possible.'

A DFID spokesperson said: 'Our aid commitment increases Britain’s global influence and a‎longside our world class defence and diplomacy helps the UK to create opportunity, peace and prosperity.

'UK aid is saving lives: immunising 80 children a minute against polio, getting food to people fleeing violence in Burma, taking on the scourge of modern slavery and giving Syrian children the chance to go to school and learn.

'DFID has introduced tough new reforms of its aid spending to deliver value for money, including clamping down on the risk of unethical practices by suppliers, holding aid organisations to account by tying funding to performance, closing programmes which fail to meet development objectives, and increasing efficiency savings.
Report Dr Crippen November 18, 2017 12:12 PM GMT
The commitment to spend .7% per annum on foreign aid was Cameron's doing.

The legacy that ''call me Dave'' left apart from this is still a pretty shabby one.
Report stewarty b November 18, 2017 1:03 PM GMT
Eight hundred thousand pounds of that 13.3 billion is being spent on samba,acrobatics and juggling lessons in ...... Tanzania.
Report TheBetterBettor November 18, 2017 4:21 PM GMT
^^^^^ whilst schools in england are scrounging for cash from the parents for pencils.
Report stewarty b November 18, 2017 9:17 PM GMT
Not to mention the many OAP patients waiting for treatment for hours lying on trolleys in A&E departments across the country to give yet another example. I blame May but still would not go against all I stand for by voting for Corbyn.....at this present time..
Report anxious November 19, 2017 12:23 AM GMT
Ha ha dont worry Jeremy will be in Number 10 very soon Cool
Report Dr Crippen November 19, 2017 10:09 AM GMT
You might be right anxious.
If so, all good Tories better get ready to make hay while the sun shines.
There will be fortunes to be made aplenty with all that borrowed Labour money sloshing around the economy.
Have you ever wondered why capitalists support the Labour party? There's your answer.
Remember Health Service PFIs?
That's only one example.
Report dambuster November 19, 2017 7:21 PM GMT
Draw out all your cash if labour gain power, as there will be a run on the banks, and cash will be king
Report stewarty b November 19, 2017 9:05 PM GMT
Ha ha dont worry Jeremy will be in Number 10 very soon Cool

More chance of Man Utd winning the Premiership.
Report stewarty b November 19, 2017 9:09 PM GMT
Have you ever wondered why capitalists support the Labour party?

One of the biggest capitalists in this country is Alan Sugar who surprisingly ditched Labour in 2115. I wonder why?
Report Gin November 21, 2017 9:30 AM GMT
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4959736/foreign-aid-spending-cash-tablets-africa/

FURIOUS MPs have blasted Britain’s foreign aid bosses for splurging taxpayers’ cash on tablet computers in private schools in Africa.

Millions of Britain’s bloated foreign aid budget funds a chain of private schools in Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda.
Report bigpoppapump November 21, 2017 10:22 AM GMT
may as well have posted "I read The Sun"

Laugh
Report stewarty b November 21, 2017 6:30 PM GMT
If you're a taxpayer may as well emigrate to Australia.
Report Dr Crippen November 21, 2017 7:25 PM GMT
may as well have posted "I read The Sun"

When followed by a silly little yellow face, sort of makes you look daft instead of the one you're trying to ridicule.
Report stewarty b November 21, 2017 10:27 PM GMT
One of the biggest capitalists in this country is Alan Sugar who surprisingly ditched Labour in 2115. I wonder why?

Just noticed that error but but who knows, if we lived that long it might have taken him all that time for the penny to drop.
Report stewarty b November 21, 2017 10:59 PM GMT
This overseas aid malarkey doesn't stop at Africa or any other poor nations. It's been going on for years. Remember when NATO bombed Serbia because of their genocidal ways towards Muslims?

Foreign aid FURY: As Cumbria is devastated...YOU pay for Serbia's £1million flood defences

BRITISH taxpayers have bankrolled flood defences in Serbia, as the North of England became the victim of harsh floods.

By LAURA MOWAT
PUBLISHED: 03:41, Mon, Dec 14, 2015 | UPDATED: 07:51, Mon, Dec 14, 2015

Deputy mayor of Lazarevac in Serbia, Bojan Stevic, told the Sun on Sunday: “We’re grateful to Great Britain and to the British people.”

But Mr Stevic added: “It does seem strange they spent so much money in our country on flood defences yet apparently were not investing enough in their own. It’s terrible to see the people of Britain suffering.”

You couldn't make it up, but there's more. Plenty more.
Report treetop November 21, 2017 11:48 PM GMT
Itis rather offensive of these newspapers pointing out how foreign aid can be wasted and abused,perhaps they deserve to be targetted by the Hope not Hate band of liberals who see bad in evrybody in the media ?
Report stewarty b November 22, 2017 6:24 PM GMT
Remember when NATO bombed Serbia because of their genocidal ways towards Muslims?

And on that subject Ratko Mladic, dubbed 'The Butcher of Bosnia' is jailed for life today, defiant until the end. Why he was not joined by

hundreds of others who actually carried out these atrocities is beyond me. No doubt some will have benefited from the UK's kind donation of

£1,000,000 for Serbia's flood defences.
Report stewarty b November 23, 2017 11:40 PM GMT
Scores of people have been rescued from flooding as heavy rain caused widespread disruption across north-west England and north Wales, with large parts of Scotland also hit by snow.

More than 70 residents were evacuated from flood-hit homes by emergency services in north Lancashire early on Thursday.

A number of roads were submerged and cars left under water, with 27 residents evacuated from their homes in the village of Galgate, near Lancaster, before sheltering in local pubs overnight.

Lancashire Constabulary said emergency services, the Environment Agency and Lancaster City Council had received more than 500 flood-related calls and attended more than 100 incidents.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said more than 70 people had been rescued - along with at least 20 horses, a cat and a dog.

I just hope the government does the right thing and pour the millions into those most in need as many can't get insurance.

Charity begins at home imo.
Report Gin December 4, 2017 4:14 AM GMT
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42217132

UK foreign aid money 'diverted to extremists' in Syria

The government has suspended a foreign aid project after a BBC Panorama investigation found taxpayers' cash was being diverted to extremists in Syria.
Officers from a UK-backed civilian police force in Syria have also been working with courts accused of torture.
A UK government spokesman said it takes allegations of co-operation with terrorist groups "extremely seriously".
Adam Smith International, the British company running the project, said it strongly denies the allegations.
The Free Syrian Police (FSP) was set up following the uprising in Syria, to bring law and order to parts of the country that were controlled by opposition forces.
Adam Smith International (ASI) has been running the project since October 2014.
Britain was one of six donor countries paying for the project, which provides community policing to the rebel-held areas of Aleppo, Idlib and Daraa provinces.
It is intended to be an unarmed civilian police force, and not co-operate with extremist groups, but Panorama has found examples where that was not the case. Some of Panorama's allegations against the project include:
Police cooperating with courts accused of torture and summary executions - including a case where two women were stoned to death
Police are being paid in cash and then being forced to hand over funds to an extremist group controlling the area
Police officers are being handpicked by an extremist group
Dead and fictitious people are on the police payroll
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson announced in April that the UK would commit a further £4 million to the UK-funded Access to Justice and Community Security (AJACS) scheme that supports the FSP.
ASI says the FSP is an unarmed community police force that brings the rule of law and safety to millions of people in a war-torn country.
An ASI spokesman said it "strongly refutes Panorama's allegations".
"We have managed taxpayers' money effectively to confront terrorism, bring security to Syrian communities and mitigate the considerable risks of operating in a war zone," he said.
"ASI has managed the project successfully alongside our partner in an extremely challenging, high-risk environment under the close supervision of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and five other governments."
The company says it uses cash to fund the police because there is no practical alternative - and that the British government is aware of the payments.
Koknaya
Image caption
A police station in Koknaya was supposed to be the base for 57 officers - but ASI staff could not find any police officers during a visit in 2016
Panorama has obtained ASI documents that show dead and fictitious people were on the police payroll.
One police station in Koknaya in Idlib province was supposed to be the base for 57 police officers. But the documents show that when ASI's staff visited in September 2016, they couldn't find a single officer.
ASI said officers were accounted for on subsequent visits. The company has now suspended the payment of all salaries at the Koknaya police station.
It said it had identified very few examples across Syria where deceased officers had remained on the salary list.
The documents also show how some police officers in Aleppo province were forced to hand over cash to the extremist group - Nour al-Din al-Zinki - in control of the area.
The Nour al-Din al-Zinki Movement has been linked to atrocities including the beheading of a young prisoner in 2016.
An ASI report from July 2016 warned that 20% of all police salaries were being handed over "to pay for the military and security support that Zinki provides to the five FSP stations located areas under its control".
As well as handing over a cut of British aid money to Zinki, the police had also worked with a Zinki court "by writing up warrants, delivering notices, and turning criminals over to the court".
'Wholly abhorrent'
The police cooperation has continued despite allegations of torture and summary executions involving the court at al-Qasimiyeh.
Tory MP Crispin Blunt, former chair of the Foreign Affairs Committee, said the FSP should not be supporting extremist courts.
He said: "You've got people being sentenced to death for homosexuality.
"Clearly that is completely and utterly unacceptable by any standard and the idea that British taxpayers' money was associated with that would of course be wholly abhorrent."
ASI says it has strict guidelines in place to ensure detainees are treated fairly and humanely, and that payments to the police stations which were paying Zinki were stopped in August 2016. It says donor governments were kept fully informed.
A road near Sarmin in Syria
Image caption
A road near Sarmin - where two women were stoned to death in the presence of FSP officers
Panorama also discovered that the Free Syrian Police provided support for courts run by the Syrian branch of al-Qaeda - Jabhat al-Nusra - which handed out extreme punishments.
Police officers were present when two women were stoned to death near Sarmin in December 2014. Sources have told Panorama the officers closed the road so that the execution could take place.
ASI says the police officers who attended the stoning were not formally under FSP control and have since been removed.
Panorama has also seen evidence that al-Nusra handpicked police officers in two stations in Idlib province.
ASI says that the officers imposed by al-Nusra were detected in under two months and that payments to the station were then stopped.
The company says the payments in question only amounted to $1,800 (£1,340) and did not come from British government funds. But ASI didn't explain how they could be sure when the whole project is funded by cash.
A UK government spokesman said: "We take any allegations of co-operation with terrorist groups and of human rights abuses extremely seriously and the Foreign Office has suspended this programme while we investigate these allegations.
"We believe that such work in Syria is important to protect our national security interest but of course we reach this judgment carefully given that in such a challenging environment no activity is without risk.
"That's why all our programmes are designed carefully and subject to robust monitoring."
Report stewarty b December 4, 2017 10:28 PM GMT
The cash cow that just keeps on giving. Thankfully everything is monitored....
Report stewarty b December 14, 2017 10:45 AM GMT
I know that May is giving another 170 million away for poor countries suffering from the effects of 'climate change' but this policy of foreign aid is not going to disappear any time soon.

This procedure is not written in law but if the 13.whatever billion is not spent annually the Secretary of State for International Development has to explain to parliament why!!!!

I say take 20 MP's at a time and let them sleep rough and live off food banks for a month in between visiting A&E departments at the weekend and spend time helping out on our care homes for the elderly and suffering from dementia.

Maybe that will give them food for thought. (pardon the pun). I'm 99.9% sure anyone reading this will agree with me.
Report bigpoppapump December 14, 2017 11:37 AM GMT
why use commas to distance yourself from the term climate change?
Report stewarty b December 14, 2017 2:02 PM GMT
Because to the best of my knowledge it hasn't been proved that this scenario actually exists.
Report stewarty b December 14, 2017 2:04 PM GMT
By that I mean floods and famine etc. go back to biblical times.
Report bigpoppapump December 14, 2017 2:07 PM GMT
my word, these people exist.

climate change is an accepted fact.  These are not opinions.
Report stewarty b December 14, 2017 2:36 PM GMT
Funny you say that. It was only yesterday that a top American scientist described the Arctic circle as the earth's refrigerator and now says we have left the door open.

I don't know all the ins and outs but as you will know my main beef is with overseas aid that could be spent in this country.
Report bigpoppapump December 14, 2017 2:43 PM GMT
which scenario is it you are saying doesn't exist?
Report stewarty b December 14, 2017 3:23 PM GMT
I said it hadn't been proved. I mean does anybody actually exactly know how much exhaust fumes from cars and planes the earth's atmosphere can actually cope with?
Report stewarty b December 14, 2017 3:30 PM GMT
Let me put it another way. Can you name these poor countries that are affected by climate change? I can't. Please enlighten me if you know.
Report stewarty b December 14, 2017 3:51 PM GMT
** Nearly forgot. If one of them is India, then they have a lot to answer for given the pollution in that country. But let's say they are getting a slice of the pie. Not bad for a country with nuclear weapons and it's own space programme...
Report stewarty b December 14, 2017 4:22 PM GMT
Shouldn't the countries that produce the most pollution suffer some sort of financial penalty? Or perhaps you would like a free for all?
Report Injera December 14, 2017 4:27 PM GMT
Bit odd that the term 'global warming' is mentioned less now.

It's been replaced by 'climate change.'

NASA said this in 2015: An intensive scientific study of both Earth's poles has found that from 2009 to 2016 overall temperature has dropped in the southern polar region.

NASA’s Operation IceBridge is an airborne survey of polar ice and has finalised two overlapping research campaigns at both the poles.

In the last few weeks NASA has revealed the overall amount of ice has increased at the Antarctic and the amount of sea ice has also extended. https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/622043/GLOBAL-WARMING-NASA-Antarctic-...
Report mrtopnotch December 15, 2017 4:37 PM GMT
The Arctic is a huge, icy cap on the planet that acts like a global air conditioner. But the air conditioner is breaking down, according to scientists who issued a grim "report card" on the Arctic on Tuesday.

They say the North Pole continues to warm at an alarming pace — twice the rate as the rest of the planet, on average. This year was the Arctic's second-warmest in at least 1,500 years, after 2016.
Researchers say there was less winter ice in the Arctic Ocean than ever observed. And ocean water in parts of the polar Barents and Chukchi seas was a whopping 7 degrees Fahrenheit higher than just a few decades ago.
It's a trend that has some calling the state of the Arctic a "new normal." But Arctic scientist Jeremy Mathis says that term doesn't work for him.
"There is no normal," he says. "That's what so strange about what's happening in the Arctic. ... The environment is changing so quickly in such a short amount of time that we can't quite get a handle on what this new state is going to look like."

Mathis runs the Arctic program at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. He says changes in the Arctic are going to affect everybody in the Northern Hemisphere.
That is because masses of air and ocean currents circulate between a cold Arctic and the warmer parts of the Northern Hemisphere. It's sort of like a conveyor belt that is driven largely by the temperature difference, or gradient, between the two regions.
With less snow and ice to reflect the sun's rays, the Arctic isn't so cool anymore. "The heat is not being reflected back into space," Mathis says. "The heat is now being absorbed into the land and into the [polar] ocean."
And he says that is going to alter the weather — things like the jet stream and rainstorms and hurricanes. "Whether they be wildfires out in California or hurricanes down in the Gulf," Mathis says, "we have to think about the impacts that changes in the Arctic are having on those disruptive climate events."

Scientists say they can't attribute any particular drought or hurricane to changes in the Arctic. But computer simulations show changes.
For example: wind. "We're talking about a reduction of wind power all the way across the Northern Hemisphere, midlatitude," says Kristopher Karnauskas, an atmospheric scientist at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Writing in the journal Nature Geoscience, he says average wind speed could drop significantly over the next 80 years. That could put a damper on wind energy.
"For example," he says, "in the central United States, the models are predicting somewhere between 10 and 40 percent reduction compared to present-day amount of wind power." A day that is on the low end of windy would, on average, become the norm.
Karnauskas notes that lots of other weather phenomena affect wind besides what happens at the North Pole, so those impacts could be blunted. But his models show that the Arctic is a big player. "We live in between the Arctic and the equator," he says, "and those are like the two ends of the global energy machine, the weather machine."

And there's more. A warmer Arctic could cause more drought in California.
Atmospheric researcher Ivana Cvijanovic also ran computer simulations of a warmer Arctic, at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California where she works. She found that air circulation over the eastern Pacific could change in a two-step process that ends up steering rain from the Pacific away from California by the end of the century, or even before. "So on average, it will be 10 to 15 percent drier," she says.

Cvijanovic notes that some years would still be wet and that other weather patterns outside the Arctic, things such as the El Nino weather cycle in the Pacific, could counteract that drying effect. But again, the Arctic effect is powerful. "It's not just a problem for polar bears," she points out. "It's not just an isolated problem. It can come back to haunt everyone."

Writing in the journal Nature Communications, Cvijanovic says it's too early to blame the Arctic for California's recent drought. But she says that drought is a good illustration of what the future could bring.
Report Facts December 16, 2017 2:40 PM GMT
We are systematically destroying our planet.
Report bongo December 16, 2017 6:19 PM GMT
California didn't have a drought.
It's often dry there. What they had was a water shortage, in large part caused by pricing policy - agriculture gets first dibs on the water at prices lower than market. If you let the market dictate the prices then the shortage will sort itself out naturally.
But when it comes to agriculture even nominal right wingers seem to lose their minds and scream 'what about the poor people, who is going to feed them if we don't bung the landowners the highest subsidies in the world and cheap water'
Those poor people who seem to defy their logic by being fat.
Report stewarty b January 25, 2018 10:16 AM GMT
People sleeping rough in England up by 15% but we are the cash cow who keeps on giving. Russell Brand (WAC) wants two councils, one in Windsor I believe to give up a house for the homeless for Harry's wedding??? but no mention of any contribution from himself who claims to have a 'couple of bob.'

Personally I think Dr Crippen should let half his properties out to the homeless for a quid per week.Wink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now