Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
melv
07 Jun 16 18:58
| Topic/replies: 5,867 | Blogger: melv's blog
Ok I’m sad that it looks like are out of Europe. Hope the idealistic dream isn’t lost for ever and the whole thing falls apart into warring nation states as was the norm.

But Brexit is a con is it not? You voted Tory coz Cameron said he would lead the out campaign if he did not get his demands. Liar.

Now look what you get. With 2/3 of MP’s as “Stay” they will only pass Brexit- lite legislation when the treaty is ratified. Which will probably take 10 years. I doubt you will notice the difference.

And you will love this. When the pound falls 20% the Russians, the Chinese, the Arabs and every murderous dictator on the planet will fill his boots with property in the UK. That of course includes Euro billionaires which could easily be parity with the pound. So good Olde England will be mostly owned by Muslim billionaires. And all you patriots will get is over priced housing in the South East. Worth it? For what? What did you really think you would get? Exemption from the Human rights Act?.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Brexit. You have been conned.
Show More
Report CJ70 December 1, 2016 6:01 PM GMT
And if they do say 'f*ck off' we'll say cheers.

What is demonstrable is that the EU need us more than we need them, so any negotiation is going to be on our terms and if EU want to impoverish their own citizens then it'll just fall apart and we can sign national deals when it does.

A lot of what the EU can do will be reflective of the Italian poll. If Renzi loses that, the EU has had another of its limbs shot off.
Report melv December 1, 2016 6:10 PM GMT
And if they do say 'f*ck off' we'll say cheers.

What is demonstrable is that the EU need us more than we need them, so any negotiation is going to be on our terms and if EU want to impoverish their own citizens then it'll just fall apart and we can sign national deals when it does.

That is very much what we were hearing from the Brexiteers on the PM prgramme.

What I heard was The Brexit Secretary whispering "Best deal for Britian" and "The single market" in to nations subconscious shell like  little ears."Best deal for Britian""The single market""Best deal for Britian""The single market""Best deal for Britian""The single market"

Remember. You heard it here first.
Report Gin December 1, 2016 6:37 PM GMT
What I heard was Davies, after being pressed on whether they would consider continuing payments saying that they would consider it if  it was the best deal for the UK.

What is he supposed to say? If he had said straight out that no we wouldn't consider it under any circumstances there would have been an uproar.

Seriously, people on both sides of the debate need to get a grip and stop jumping on every little thing that is said as proof that they were/are right.

I had to laugh at Corbyn who for months has been banging on about the government not giving any details of their plans, today saying "well they said that they wouldn't give a running commentary on Brexit - that's another promise broken". Seriously? When he comes out with that sort of **** it's no wonder people won't take anything he says seriously.
Report melv December 1, 2016 6:45 PM GMT
What I heard was Davies, after being pressed on whether they would consider continuing payments saying that they would consider it if  it was the best deal for the UK.

True.

Don't forget "single market" Though.
Report A_T December 1, 2016 7:14 PM GMT
The May government will agree to do anything as long as there's no free movement
Report CJ70 December 1, 2016 10:00 PM GMT

Dec 1, 2016 -- 6:10PM, melv wrote:

And if they do say 'f*ck off' we'll say cheers. What is demonstrable is that the EU need us more than we need them, so any negotiation is going to be on our terms and if EU want to impoverish their own citizens then it'll just fall apart and we can sign national deals when it does.That is very much what we were hearing from the Brexiteers on the PM prgramme.What I heard was The Brexit Secretary whispering "Best deal for Britian" and "The single market" in to nations subconscious shell like  little ears."Best deal for Britian""The single market""Best deal for Britian""The single market""Best deal for Britian""The single market" Remember. You heard it here first.

Nawww. It was in the Guardian straight away.

Report Breedingmad December 2, 2016 9:32 AM GMT
I think what the government is forgetting is Brexit voters aren't bothered if they are considerably
poorer it's a gamble they took and they won so stop the nonsense ,if the Economy crashes they will
take the responsibility as long as they have control over immigration and no longer take orders from
Brussels on the shape of Bananas it's mission accomplished.
Report melv December 2, 2016 4:32 PM GMT
From the front pages of The Timers it looks like we will be open to low paid working from the EU and we will be paying cash for membership of the single market. Which means we will be following EU regulations but will have no say in them.

And here's the headliner from the Telegraph.

Pound surges to eight-week high against dollar after Brexit minister hints at EU market access

Its pointless having a go at remainers we did not con you. Cameron, Johnson, Gove and Farage conned you.
Why don't you attack them. You are waiting your energy moaning about remainers. We never conned you. All we did was try to tell you the truth such as the fact that immigration was not on the ballot and there is no mandate for ant-immigration legislation. Now please do not slag me off . Slag the con men off.
Report CJ70 December 2, 2016 4:45 PM GMT
I wouldn't get too excited melv. The same people getting excited at any hint of a remain option.

Gov. has said it won't be making any statements, so ministers are always going to err on the side of X may happen.
Report ZenMaster December 2, 2016 7:04 PM GMT
melv

The Remoaners went even further during the campaign, they attempted to say if we voted to Leave then all EU foreigners would be sent back home.
It was the Remoaners who set the atmosphere for this.
The media took great delight in interviewing EU academics who were worried about their future ( because of Remain propaganda)

Now you say Remain was always suggesting immigration control was never on the table.

So why the Remain hysterics melv?
Report ZenMaster December 2, 2016 7:09 PM GMT
Also why did Remain's economic forecasts after Brexit revolve around leaving the single market*( as members) if leaving the single market* (as members) was not on the table?

Remains argument is full of holes.
Report bigpoppapump December 2, 2016 7:11 PM GMT
While Leave's argument is made by them.
Report ZenMaster December 2, 2016 7:35 PM GMT
At the core of Project fear was laving the single market (as members)

While all the time Tim Fallon should have been telling the *experts* a vote to lEave the EU is not coupled with leaving the single market(as members)

At least the Leavers rejected the *experts*Laugh
Report bigpoppapump December 2, 2016 8:05 PM GMT
So you're back with your "Cam truth when it suits you"  logic Zen?

Fk sake, you've had 48 hours man. Must try harder.
Report bigpoppapump December 2, 2016 8:08 PM GMT
Cam said Exit means no Single Market.
Boris said Exit means we can stay in the Single Market.

They both lie about the consequences of the other's position. Zen says, "case proven".

I hope you're never on my jury Zen
Report CJ70 December 2, 2016 9:59 PM GMT

Dec 2, 2016 -- 8:08PM, bigpoppapump wrote:

Cam said Exit means no Single Market. Boris said Exit means we can stay in the Single Market. They both lie about the consequences of the other's position. Zen says, "case proven". I hope you're never on my jury Zen

Any link for your Boris statement?

Report ZenMaster December 3, 2016 2:37 PM GMT
So you're back with your "Cam truth when it suits you"  logic Zen?

No, i am backing it up by pointing out that the economic *experts* who Remain highlighted so much calculated their forecasts around the UK leaving the single market as members.

Try to stay honest biggy.
Report ZenMaster December 3, 2016 4:11 PM GMT
Any link for your Boris statement?

The difference between bigpoppapump and Sarah Olney is that bigpopapump does not have the luxury of a spin doctor to step in and apologise for him being unable to reply.
Report CJ70 December 6, 2016 4:21 PM GMT

Dec 3, 2016 -- 4:11PM, ZenMaster wrote:

Any link for your Boris statement?The difference between bigpoppapump and Sarah Olney is that bigpopapump does not have the luxury of a spin doctor to step in and apologise for him being unable to reply.

The state he was in that night he probably needed a valet more than a PR guru.

Report melv December 10, 2016 10:49 AM GMT
"The reason its going to take a long time is because my impression is that this government and most people in parliament want us .... to stay...in......the single...Market.                            Emphasis Nigels.

Thanks Nige.

It would have been perfect if he had said I apologise for giving you the impression you where voting to get rid of immigrants and if we won the vote there'd be a much fewer foreigners over here. It was a con.

Now please stop blaming remainers for all this. Blame the con men,
Report melv May 1, 2017 3:00 AM BST
And my prediction remains that we will officially do Brexit to save face. So that we think we will not look like morons to the rest of the world for all history to see. But Brexit will be such a watery thing that we not will notice the difference. OK we will have no say in the rules and regulations we have to adhere  to in exchange for our trade "Deals". Who cares???? we never thought we ever had any say anyway.
Report melv May 1, 2017 3:09 AM BST
Brexit will be such a watery thing that we will not notice the difference.
Report InsiderTrader May 1, 2017 7:09 AM BST
Brexit will end free movement of people and handouts to non-UK citizens living in the UK.

Whatever happens on trade the first thing on May's list is to end free movement of people and take back control of our borders.
Report melv May 1, 2017 9:30 AM BST
Theresa Remainer/Brexiter...No Election/Snap Election.... cannot be trusted. For that reason she has no credibility as a leader and what she says she will do will bear no resemblance to what she does. Good luck with your end to free movement of labour and discriminating against EU citizens living here. I do not think that will leave Theresa and The EU with anything to say to each other.
Report Can't Catch Me May 1, 2017 10:25 AM BST
She has no credibility as a leader because she moved with the times?

It's all so childish.
Report impossible123 May 1, 2017 11:54 AM BST
Brexit is not clear cut and there are pros and cons; the EU is in decline and needs reforming quick otherwise the layers of unnecessary bureaucracy will speed up its demise especially if UK plc make a success of it.

If I was Mrs May I'd have done exactly the same ie call snap election to cement a stronger EU negotiation position; kill off any possible prospect of a delay in EU negotiation by the opposition parties - the electorate have spoken and just get on with it; it is also good for the country as a whole.

The only downside is the Labour Party will no doubt need to reinvent itself quickly - no choice but a must - otherwise another decade of impotent "opposition" which is a massive disservice to a large proportion of the electorate and its Party members; the present Labour Party is unelectable; its present shadow cabinet is a "joke" and a huge misrepresentation of the intelligence, creativity and forward thinking of their "silence" loyal supporters.

The sooner the General Election is over, the quicker the conclusion of the Brexit negotiation and the UK plc striding forward; there will be uncertain times ahead in the near to middle term but the end result is worth it. Grasp this opportunity with both hands, and join in making UK plc great again.
Report melv June 12, 2017 6:26 PM BST
It took longer than I thought but tonight hard brexit begins to really fall apart. I am hoping for a cross party group to negotiate because Brexit is a poisoned chalice. Who-ever accepts the honour of bearing the Brexit cup will be punished by the Brexiteers for dropping immigration from the process.

I do not want Jeremy's team to negotiate alone because the backlash will mean he loses the subsequent election. Too many people will be too upset when they find no difference in our relations with Europe except it has cost us billions and we end up with no say what so ever in the rules and regulations we have to follow in order to trade freely.

I thought it has always been an effin mess. Now its beyond imagination. Who'd a thunk we'ed be on about goat skins and begging for an alliance with Protestantisms version of the Taliban.
Report melv June 13, 2017 6:45 AM BST
Radio 4 Today programme has just said that there will be a retreat on immigration, "taking back control" and " " No deal". I know Brexiteers have been led down the garden path for too long. Please don't get upset the country is going to come together and be less divided . You are patriots you must want that.

I am hoping for a cross party negotiating team.
Report melv June 14, 2017 8:35 AM BST
At last becoming obvious.
Report Breedingmad June 14, 2017 8:49 AM BST
No Prime Minister is better than a bad Prime Minister.
Report melv June 20, 2017 5:09 PM BST
And the sting is in. Its not what you voted for is it. You voted to get rid of the foreigners did you not. As I have always said you will find the new EU relationship is same as the old. Except it will cast us treasure goodwill  reputation and power. We will have to follow the rules but will have no say in them.
Report melv July 6, 2017 6:43 PM BST
Just to document the ever deepening mess that is Brexit. We continue to row backwards sideways zigzagging and umpteen directions at once with no idea were we are going. Have we? 18 months to go.

The confederation of British industry in its first statement since the election urges the continuation of open free trade and to maintain existing trading relations with the EU.

Meanwhile Michel Barmier says very clearly in perfect English. "There will will be no frictionless trade after Brexit."

Admit it; you were told that you could walk straight out of Europe as easy as ordering a pint of warm beer in an olde English pub as HMS Great Britain sails away from Europe to a worshipping world that lusts after endless trade with us; all in our favour; and no demands of its own.( Such as opening our borders to their citizens and Yankee take over of the NHS and anything else they can get their hands on). When will you admit you were conned.
Report Whisperingdeath July 7, 2017 9:28 AM BST
Melv

Do you think the people who lived in Grenfell Tower care about Brexit? Do you think people on minimum wage care about brexit or rather wonder if Brexit will affect them adversely? Do you think kids who have to decide whether to take on huge debt just to go to University will worry about the effects of Brexit, will people who are told they will have to suffer with the pain rather than have a knee operation care about the consequences of Brexit?

It would appear to me that Jeremy Corbyn has focused many people's mind on what is important and what is not. Being expolited by rich people whether we are in the EU or out of it is not important.

This whole conundrum about being in the EU and out of it is totally immaterial to most of us.

You might be right we did not know the economic consequences of what we were voting for, so what. We were fed up. We wanted to be a Sovereign nation and make our own laws and protect our own borders and decide who we let into our country. I would suggest that is what most voted for, not a better economy!

The battle for this country is not about hard or soft brexit. It is about the quality of our llives. Get over it. We are many they are few. We want our Country back for the many not the few!
Report Whisperingdeath July 7, 2017 9:29 AM BST

Breedingmad
14 Jun 17 08:49

No Prime Minister is better than a bad Prime Minister.

Sorry but that is funny! Comment of the day thus far!
Report melv July 7, 2017 5:27 PM BST
I would suggest that is what most voted for, not a better economy!

Thank you. That I think is what we knew all along. I am writing for people who do want to improve the economy. For the many not the few.

It is about the quality of our llives.
Er thats the economy......???????????????????????????????
Report berti July 7, 2017 5:32 PM BST
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Report Whisperingdeath July 7, 2017 6:34 PM BST
That is the point melv

So tell me how people on minimum wage and zero hour contracts benefit by the 1% taking it all?

What chance will their children have of owning a home?

You have lissed the point completely.

Incidently I was in London just before the EU referendum. There were many people who completely discounted a leave vote. They could not understand why people would vote to leave. They knew nothing! They all asked the same question when I explained the groundswell of opinion outside London.

Why would they vote to leave? You don't know either do you!
Report melv July 8, 2017 8:46 AM BST
Many people voted to leave because they looked at jobs schools hospitals rents housing zombie town centres and all the differences between the rich parts of London and the rest of the country (All economics) and heard a lot of Polish and saw a lot of dusky and darkie faces and thought "What do all them rich trendy multi-cultural metro-sexual stuck up idiots in London want us to do. Well we will do the opposite fk em"

Even Brexiteers can see that a hard Brexit will be bad for the economy. You  are right I do not understand because there is nothing to understand. Its all based on emotion isn't it. If you love your country you need to calm down. There will be a soft Brexit. The business community are not kidding they mean business and the Tories are their party.

Anyone telling you that it will be anything other than a fudgy soft free trade Brexit are con artists and you were conned. Get used to it. Otherwise you will just make this messed up divided county crapper and more divided than it is. Show some patriotism and wise up.
Report Whisperingdeath July 8, 2017 6:27 PM BST
thanks for the admission melv

the truth is we do not know what is going to happen but that is ok. Change is not always bad.

Our argument is not soft brexit V hard brexit. It is about paying your share, stop expoliting us, homes for us and our children, education and a chance to better ourselves, a health service that works for us. Are you getting the picture? People are evn talking about nationalisation of the railways, Utilites and wait for this...maybe even the NHS!

Corbyn has managed to change the agenda. It is no surprise that Labour are supposed to have a lead in the polls, not that I am advocating this bunch of dim wits either.

The EU have a huge problem with Brexit. If it works others will want to follow. France is safe for 7 years. Then you have to throw in Greece and Italian banks too. then Portugal and Spain, the immigration/ refugee crisis. Europe has a lot of problems.

From our point of view I guess we just want free trade or access to the Single Market. If they deny us access then the lads at the Bavarian Motor Works, the farmers of Alsace, the makers of Nelson Mandela, the peasants who tread grapes, fancy Italian Designers, the cheesemakers, the olive growers et al will have a serious problem. tell me melv, what are they going to do?

We need each other.

Here's another thing melv. What is patriotism? who does this country belong to?
Report melv July 9, 2017 9:22 AM BST
Whisper.... I cannot find anything to disagree with in that.

Patriotism... do not get me started. All I can say is that different people feel patriotic about different things. One of the things that I am patriotic about is that in recent History the British people has managed to get along very well through thick thin and than through worse times than now. Things are no where near as bad as they were in the past even going back only as far as the troubles in Northern Ireland. We disagree and come to understandings and make our country better. Its not the worst now but it could be the craziest. But that does not mean we have to be identical. Human beings are not identical.

About the only thing I can think that most would be patriotic about...... and I will accept that you can still be patriotic and not be with me on this......is the NHS. I am very patriotic about it and I build a lot of my patriotic hopes on the NHS getting better and many other thing becoming more like the NHS.

I will forever remember my mother telling me before the age of 5 (I know were I lived till the age of 5 and this was in that house. Late 1950's) Melly you live the best country in the world we have  the national health and free education and that's better than any where else.
Report melv July 9, 2017 9:23 AM BST
the British people has managed to get along very well through thick thin and through worse times than now.
Report detraveller July 9, 2017 9:48 AM BST

Jul 8, 2017 -- 8:46AM, melv wrote:

Many people voted to leave because they looked at jobs schools hospitals rents housing zombie town centres and all the differences between the rich parts of London and the rest of the country (All economics) and heard a lot of Polish and saw a lot of dusky and darkie faces and thought "What do all them rich trendy multi-cultural metro-sexual stuck up idiots in London want us to do. Well we will do the opposite fk em"Even Brexiteers can see that a hard Brexit will be bad for the economy. You  are right I do not understand because there is nothing to understand. Its all based on emotion isn't it. If you love your country you need to calm down. There will be a soft Brexit. The business community are not kidding they mean business and the Tories are their party.Anyone telling you that it will be anything other than a fudgy soft free trade Brexit are con artists and you were conned. Get used to it. Otherwise you will just make this messed up divided county crapper and more divided than it is. Show some patriotism and wise up.

Very accurate though I think the refugee crisis had a big hand in making people vote Leave. That was perhaps the only thing where the people thought, well, that's gonna really affect us so lets leave the EU. The rest of promises and arguments frm both sides are the usual economic and political crap that politicians have been throwing at people for ages.

Report Whisperingdeath July 10, 2017 4:27 PM BST
Health and education are going down hill fast. We do have some wonderful people in our hospitals and some great facilities but some are also dog sheite!

Tell me why when you walk into a GP's waiting room and approach the receptionist they ignore you when they are on the phone and very rarely say hello? Same in Hospitals. I went for a knee op in a Private Hospital and the difference was polar. A nice smile, hello, what I can I help YOU with today!

We may be opposite politically but shirley we should be together on manners and service!
Report melv July 10, 2017 5:30 PM BST
I am delighted that you were greeted in a warm welcome and helpful manner when you needed help with a health matter which is always stressful to say the least.

You know what? if you are not welcomed in the same way by NHS staff its actually worse than if private medicine was unwelcoming.

Its not just that the NHS is our NHS everyone's NHS; it also that if you work for the NHS you are representing its history. Shame on anyone behaving in such a manner. And that is putting putting it ridiculously mildly compared with what nurses I  know would say about anyone letting the side down.

I will never agree that frankly bad behaviour by individual staff is a reason to advocate privatisation. The fact is it never makes news when any of the millions of grateful people   say NHS staff are brilliant.
Report Whisperingdeath July 11, 2017 4:55 PM BST
Dont get me wrong melv!

I am all for ther NHS. I just dont want to be treated by them!

From the cradle to the grave!

I would renationalise the NHS for sure. If manifesto commitments meant anything anymore that would be near the top of my list!

Btw, my knee op was paid for by the NHS! I just prefered to go to Spire Alexandra in Chatham rather than Medway Maritime because I didn't want to die of MRSA!

My Doctor was probably an NHS Doctor. Figure that one out!
Report melv July 12, 2017 7:26 AM BST
Almost certainly was NHS. There'll be more private work done by NHS doctors if pay stays as these levels. And that from less and less UK doctors as more and more leave the country.

Yep to go to the US ( and other places). Oh yes I can hear the condemnations. Oh yes that'll be from you lot advocating punitive levels of pay yeah you at the same time expecting self sacrificing sainthood.

Not referring to to you whispering. I have nothing  against anything you have said.
Report lfc1971 July 12, 2017 8:33 AM BST
Doctors pay should be cut, it's never been higher .
Report lfc1971 July 12, 2017 8:36 AM BST
Will they leave Britain ? That has always been a possibility since the foundation of the NHS, i.e. no it's not a problem.
Report lfc1971 July 12, 2017 8:42 AM BST
It is the link in staff and training and resources between the NHS and private that is the heart of the problem. Private health care is taking resources and time and staff and knowledge and training and finances away from the NHS, bleeding it of as much as it can take.
The doctors and nurses and management and technical staff within the NHS are complicate in this.
Report lfc1971 July 12, 2017 8:55 AM BST
now someone has an operation , by an NHS doctor ? privately , now there is your problem . That doctor should not be able to work both privately and for the NHS.
And the follow up time and cost to the NHS for recuperation or if something goes wrong or even a little wrong, this is further time and costs to the NHS, while the private company gets along with the next customer in line.
Report melv July 12, 2017 1:38 PM BST
We will be staying in Euratom and staying in the European court of justice. We cannot walk away from everything with the letters EU in it. Ita not as easy as walking out of the pub.

Anyone who told you different is a con artist. Its about time you shook of this confidence trick.
Report melv July 20, 2017 7:49 PM BST
Just for the record another month has passed and the situation is just as insane as it has been for the 115 days since we triggered the exit.

[b]And the Liberal Democrat Brexit spokesman, Tom Brake, said: “It's now been 113 days since Article 50 was triggered and we have seen almost zero progress on even the most basic issues.

“With each day that passes, the likelihood of a catastrophic, disorderly Brexit increases.”[/b]
Report unitedbiscuits July 20, 2017 8:57 PM BST
How true, melv.
The "left behind" people have indeed been conned. From the perspective of the free-market ideologues driving Brexit, a breakdown of cooperation and a bonfire of regulations makes perfect sense - Britain becomes bandit country. But those least able to cope with a free for all are the turkeys who voted for Brexit Christmas.

Here is some comfort for their distress:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsOmizjm0Xw
Report melv July 21, 2017 6:55 AM BST
State of play at the moment.

Not only are the EU talks going nowhere but also the UK govt shows no sign of ever knowing what is wants. "Free movement yes or no. Eu free trade yes or no. Open border in Ireland Yes or no. EU  citizens rights here and Uk rights in Europe under the ECJ yes or no. Paying the costs of the divorce we are demanding yes or whistling Boris Johnson?

And you wonder why our international credibility is non existent. And that is in itself bad for business.
Report unitedbiscuits July 21, 2017 8:55 AM BST
Yes, melv, and it looks like huge chunks of the City are fracturing and drifting away from the Alaska of the mind that is Brexit.
Report Breedingmad July 21, 2017 10:47 AM BST
Brexit had no destination just a starting point based on critical observations
the resulting hegemony created by the Tories is now being run in a tyrannical manner
by a group who must tow the line which is no basis to carry out agreeable outcomes
with the E.U..all we can hope is that the U.K. at least gets the same as it had before.
Report melv July 21, 2017 11:15 AM BST
a group who must tow the line

Yeah but what line????. "Singapore in the English channel, one of many varieties of soft Brexit, Summat else. I dunno, you dunno, Barnier dunno. But the point is that the Tory party hasn't a clue what it wants either.

I know, I know every Brexiteer knows exactly what is going on and precisely what they want. In their wish fulfilment dreamworld.
Report Whisperingdeath July 21, 2017 2:28 PM BST
I think the Tory Party does not know what it wants and that is the main problem. Of course we think we know what we want but don't know how to go about it.

I would state that the people I spoke to at the time were of the general opinion that we wanted Sovereignty and Control of our Borders. We want free trade but we do not want free movement of peopleHow that works I have no idea!

I would also state that many of us are pro European and not anti and also that many if not a large majority are not racist.

This thing about the divorce bill. Very bad very bad. Borris mouthing off is pathetic too, shows what his interests are....PERSONAL.

Who pays for the pensions of British Workers who were at the EU etc? When the EU said they wanted a pay off I was enraged as most Sun readers were but we have signed up to certain liabilities and commitments and should honour them. Any Politician who says they should go whistle is some sort of ****!
Report melv July 28, 2017 5:12 PM BST
The con......is........on. Take one.

Just listen to the news. Just listen to the news.Just listen to the news.

"We will just walk out" HA ha ah ha hha ha ha HA ha ah ha hha ha ha HA ha ah ha hha ha ha "

No Deal is better than??????? than what???? eh eh ha ha ha ah ha ha eh eh ha ha ha ah ha ha

Open your eyes and ears. Wake up.Leave that dreamland and wake up. What as effin farce.

This broadcast in not brought to you from Mels reasonable debate section.ExcitedExcitedExcitedCrazy
Report melv July 28, 2017 5:19 PM BST
I doubt you will notice the difference. Melv 18 months ago.

"You may not notice the difference" Chancellor Phillip Hammond. Right now.
Report melv August 15, 2017 11:20 PM BST
Its not even a clever con anymore is it. Here's your leader Brexit. You have about 12 months to get an agreement.

“You will find it difficult sometimes to read what we intend,” David Davis told BBC’s Today programme. “That’s deliberate. I’m afraid in negotiations you do have constructive ambiguity from time to time.”

You could not make it up. Surely there is no intention to do Brexit at all.
Report melv August 16, 2017 6:49 AM BST
Now look what you get. With 2/3 of MP’s as “Stay” they will only pass Brexit- lite legislation when the treaty is ratified. Which will probably take 10 years. I doubt you will notice the difference.

That's a quote from me 14 months ago. Its not true you won't notice the difference. There will not be a difference on the Irish border. Hurrah.
Report melv August 20, 2017 4:44 PM BST
Note to self. At Tory conference look out for any reputable MP's saying that evading the European Court of Justice is at all feasible.
Report melv August 23, 2017 7:13 PM BST
Teresa May backs down on ECG. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooommmmmmmmmm.

How much more does hard Brexit have to unravel before the Brexiteers realise they were conned.
Report melv September 22, 2017 6:47 AM BST
OK OK it will be a very very painfully slow process but today will be the first peep under the covers of blllllshttt that has been masking the con for so long.
Report melv October 19, 2017 2:31 PM BST
Still think you are not being conned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqsOtaLOGYg
Report melv November 27, 2017 7:45 AM GMT
And the biggest con was that it would all be so easy. And Brexiteers are still saying that Ireland will be a push over. Lots of English people have always thought that Ireland is a push over.

Now lads here's the truth. Ireland has a veto on moving to the next round. Do an alt truth fake news dodge on that one.

Lets see how much of a push over this will be.

Yeah yeah you knew what you were voting for; you thought this on out. Truth is you are not bovvered about Ireland. Thats a good way of getting the veto button pressed.

Con within  con with plenty of self conning on top.
Report melv December 9, 2017 9:24 AM GMT
There was no such word as Soft Brexit in Feb 06 when I penned this. I called it "Brexit-lite".

they will only pass Brexit- lite legislatio

Now Soft brexit is official and accepted. Gove wants an election to overthrow it. But here's the headlines.

Daily Mail. "Rejoice we are on our way".

Times "May bounces back".

Daily Express." Huge Brexit boost at last.

Ever feel like you've been conned.
Report melv January 24, 2018 9:08 PM GMT
I posted this before the referendum. Soft Brexit and  had not been invented. I called it Brexit-lite. Yanis Varoufakis was predicting and recommending the Norway off the peck model. I wish I had mentioned it then so I could have looked perfectly prescient.

I have only one word to say.

Told-you-so.

The civil servants here and in the EU are drawing up the documentation as we speak. Done deal. "Easy peasy" as Farage and his conman army used to say.
Report melv January 25, 2018 12:21 PM GMT
For the record.

Varadkar in Davos.

“I think it will be a specific agreement for the United Kingdom. Of course as Ireland we want that to be as close as possible - we would have it ‘Norway-plus’ but I think we have to get into the detail now of what that means,” he told Bloomberg Television in an interview in Davos, Switzerland."

While Britain has repeatedly said it will not remain in the EU customs union or single market, “perhaps we can negotiate something that isn’t very different to that,” Mr Varadkar said.
Such a deal would, however, require the UK to realise that it cannot cherry pick benefits of EU membership without the corresponding responsibilities.

On same hymn sheet as Macron. Not as clear with poorer use of English and worse communication skills. Drip drip drip drip. You will get it eventually Brexit.
Report bigpoppapump January 25, 2018 1:14 PM GMT
I have only one word to say.

Told-you-so.

3 words
Report melv January 25, 2018 1:37 PM GMT
I put hyphens.ExcitedCrazyCrazyCrazy
Report bigpoppapump January 25, 2018 1:43 PM GMT
3 hyphenated words are 3 hyphenated words.  Not 1 word.

FAKE GRAMMAR

Silly
Report melv January 29, 2018 12:25 AM GMT
There's new name for it. BINO.

So now you know what Teresa meant when she said Brexit means Brexit.

She meant " Brexit. In. Name. Only."

I am sure you have had long enough to get used to the con by now.

You are not surprised. Are you?
Report Foinavon January 29, 2018 11:23 AM GMT
Varadkar knows that without a deal, Ireland is in the poo-poo. Their agricultural exports to the UK would suddenly become less competitive so either they take a hit or try to sell an awful lot more into the EC which won't be easy given the competition from France and Denmark especially who will be trying to do the same thing.

The value of the pound compared to USD is not much different now to what it was before the vote.
Report bigpoppapump January 29, 2018 11:59 AM GMT
US Dollar values getting hit need to be viewed in light of Trump adding $1.5 Trillion to the US deficit.  (As well as UK market confidence that Brexit wont look much different from Remain).
Report melv January 29, 2018 3:34 PM GMT
(As well as UK market confidence that Brexit wont look much different from Remain).

HappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappy
Report melv February 27, 2018 8:31 AM GMT
This was posted months before the election. 19 Feb 2016. Please stop saying that you did not know that "Brexit light" was one of the outcomes of an out vote.

Nearly 10 K hits already Enough of the "Only Hard Brexit was on the voting slip" already.Its self seeking, self deluding twaddle, you are showing yourself up. Aren't you.
Report unitedbiscuits February 27, 2018 8:35 AM GMT
Good work Melv.
Probably over 10k, if you count the ones the report-crazy zealots got deleted.
Report unitedbiscuits March 4, 2018 9:25 AM GMT
Cool
Report melv March 4, 2018 9:55 AM GMT
Thanks Biscuits. I wonder how it turns out to you that helps me out.Love

Here's more proof that the fix is in.

We will compromise says May. So this is a mega super climbdown. It opens up the door so a whole cascade of climb downs can  flood out.

I predict there will be No customs union;; just a customs union by another name.

There will be no ECJ;; just an ECJ by another name.

And tons of other climbdowns called "compromises"

I am very very very happy about all this.

Look at all the time,energy and billion of pounds wasted by Cameron and you lot. I hope you are happy about  that.
Report Dr Crippen March 4, 2018 9:58 AM GMT
(As well as UK market confidence that Brexit wont look much different from Remain).

So according to UB's expert opinion on the currency markets, the pound should be back were it was before the Brexit vote.

Yet it isn't.

Is he ready to admit that he doesn't know what he is talking about in this area?
Report Dr Crippen March 4, 2018 10:01 AM GMT
That's if melv is correct which he isn't.

So I'll leave melv and UB, who seem two very confused posters to work it out between themselves.

They can't both be right. Yet they can both be wrong.

I'll put my full bank the second option.
Report TheBetterBettor March 5, 2018 12:25 PM GMT
Theresa May calls for the Brexit transition to be extended indefinitely beyond December 2020

You can checkout anytime, but you're not allowed to LEAVE.
Report melv March 5, 2018 12:50 PM GMT
Thanks Thebetterbettor. Just for the record. Time will tell re veracity.

LONDON — The UK government has called for the EU to discuss extending the Brexit transition period indefinitely beyond December 2020, in a move that is likely to enrage Conservative Brexiteers.
The EU has previously insisted that Britain must be fully out of the EU by December 31, 2020, meaning a transition period would not be able to go beyond 20 months.
However, the UK's Brexit transition guidelines leaked to Business Insider, calls on the EU to discuss leaving this end date open indefinitely.
Report melv March 5, 2018 12:55 PM GMT
For Betterbetter. Could be Brexit theme tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPtz5qN7HM
Report melv March 19, 2018 6:22 PM GMT
Just for the record and to celebrate 10,000 reads.
Backdown on EU citizens rights now official.

New in.

Backdown on Irish Border.

Backdown on fishing.

Norway Model here we come.
Report melv March 20, 2018 5:03 AM GMT
To quote myself from 2016.

the Arabs and every murderous dictator on the planet will fill his boots with property in the UK.
Report melv March 20, 2018 5:11 AM GMT
To quote myself from 2016.

the Arabs and every murderous dictator on the planet will fill his boots with property in the UK.

And fresh from dining with the Queen Mohammed bin Salman Wahhabist ruler of Saudi Arabia the non democratic Monarchy is saying he wants to come back for more ASAP. A trade deal with him means he will be able to buy any of our green and pleasant land and its resources that he fancies.

And Brexiteers love it? Really?
Report melv April 12, 2018 10:38 AM BST
Amid News of the amount of London owned by Russian Kleptocrats and predictions that after Brexit the pound will fall below the Euro making our capital even cheaper for all the Kleptoctats corrupt governments and dictator's of the planet to buy up. Welcome to the future well done Brexit voters.
Report flushgordon1 April 12, 2018 10:43 AM BST
Predictions my arse.
Report flushgordon1 April 12, 2018 10:49 AM BST
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=73d_1399310588
Report melv April 12, 2018 2:21 PM BST
Predictions my arse.

Pre Referendum

And you will love this. When the pound falls 20% the Russians, the Chinese, the Arabs and every murderous dictator on the planet will fill his boots with property in the UK.

Cool
Report melv June 13, 2018 4:03 PM BST

Proof that all this was obvious from the word go. But not of us knew the sheer absurdity of the chaos we were about to create.
Report TheBetterBettor June 18, 2018 6:43 PM BST
^^^^^ all thover people who voted for Brexit should've voted for UKIP at the last election
Report TheBetterBettor June 18, 2018 6:43 PM BST
*those
Report melv June 22, 2018 3:57 PM BST
Although no-one and I mean no-one knew the Byzantine complexity of the devilish details. This does show that you lot were warned and never the less soldiered insanely on. Therefore you owe us an apology.
Report melv July 7, 2018 7:46 AM BST
"Hugely disappointing but hardly surprising. May,most of the Cabinet and all the advisors are Remainers. They see Brexit as a problem to be managed rather than an opportunity to be grasped."

"The EU wont reject it just push Treason May into a few more concessions ,which now she,s come this far she,ll meekily bend over."

Nicely put Kublai and First Timer. Isn't it refreshing to see that the truth is clear simple and fantasy free.

And one from me on the seventh of July 2016. Its easy to update this post. Just look for 11 thousand
hits.

Report melv July 7, 2018 7:48 AM BST
Ok I’m sad that it looks like are out of Europe. Hope the idealistic dream isn’t lost for ever and the whole thing  does not fall apart into warring nation states as was the norm.

Just finally make the opening post clearer.
Report melv July 7, 2018 8:03 AM BST
Ok I’m sad that it looks like we are out of Europe. Hope the idealistic dream isn’t lost for ever and the whole thing  does not fall apart into warring nation states as was the norm.

Just finally make the opening post clearer.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now