Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GoBallistic
03 Sep 18 12:53
| Topic/replies: 3,550 | Blogger: GoBallistic's blog
Kicks off on thurs

Who do we like this year ?

I've had speculative punts on two from the AFC, Kansas City (36) + Tennessee (75); two from the NFC, Chicago (100) + Arizona (150)

Reasoning variously along the lines of 2nd season QBs and / or new coaching staffs and / or blind optimism

As usual the Patriots are a tempting price play because of how weak their league and conference is although I'll hope for a rocky start like last year before I invest
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View NFL Season 2018/19
Show More
Report therhino September 3, 2018 2:24 PM BST
Titans backer signing in as well at 75s Excited Gotta fancy their schedule and can envisage Henry having a breakout year. On the Panthers as well at 70s, receiving corps had a bit of a boost (still not great) but should be better than last year. Be interesting to see what level McCaffrey can reach this season.
Report jedi sophie September 4, 2018 11:07 PM BST
Evening guys.
Signing in for the titans too,huge price,can't resist,way over subscribed now.
Eagles I like for follow up but banged up.
Rams must go well surely.
Jaguar other main bet...

Speculative dig at the BearsExcitedLaughHappy
Literally could not cannot believe the Raiders traded Mack, for 2 lottery tickets,****g nuts...nuts...

Year before last I thought Raiders had a shot until Carr broke leg,million miles off now with a stinking D.
Report jedi sophie September 4, 2018 11:09 PM BST
Bears rumble over Rodgers i may have nicked some value,there D could be scary in time..
Report Puzzman September 5, 2018 7:02 AM BST
Bet365 are offering early cash out on NFL games

"How it works:
Place a pre-match single bet on the Money Line market for any game in the NFL.
If the team you back goes 14 points ahead at any stage during the game, we will settle your bet early as a winner, even if the opposition comes back to win the match."

Anyone got any idea what Buffalo are doing at Quarterback? Was looking at under 6.5 wins but at $1.40 for a long term bet it doesn't appeal.
Report therhino September 5, 2018 11:26 AM BST
The Jags have some absolute jets on both sides of the ball that are young. Norwell a great addition and they are in the weaker AFC. Still not sure about the man at QB though and not sure if I want to buy or not. Wait and see for me, Giants away to start off a banana peel with OBJ back and Barkley could make people forget all about Elliott's rookie season - prodigious talent. Watching him at Penn State last year was box office viewing. One of the most interesting week 1 games imo.
Report nellie1970 September 5, 2018 8:00 PM BST
peterman gets week 1 start for bills.

think ravens will steamroller the bills week one and should cover -7
also really like the titans in week 1 in Miami M/L around evens

two to win superbowl for me VIKINGS OR SAINTS  GL ALL FOR THE SEASON AHEAD
Report GoBallistic September 6, 2018 10:41 AM BST
Main rule changes for this season

- lowering, leading with and making contract on opponent with helmet is out -  applies to everyone including offensive players although most likely to be defensive players getting flagged, 15 yard pen and possible ejection if flagrant.  This may be in part a result of the Ryan Shazier injury

- the catch rule - it's no longer strictly necessary to control the ball all the way to the ground, as soon as you make a "football move" with control it's a catch.  I was in a small minority in that I liked the rule the way it was.  There will be more legit catches now, also more fumbles. And probably no end to controversy once they start arguing what a "football move" is

- a rule change that could affect points spread players - if time has expired after a TD then the extra point won't be required if it doesn't affect the result
Report Phi Gamma Delta September 8, 2018 4:42 PM BST
I really like Minnesota for the Superbowl @ 10/1. A ferocious defense coupled with a 2 headed running back attack and an improvement at qb.

In week 1 the Bills are going with 5 pick Peterman at qb. I'm all over the Ravens.
Report therhino September 11, 2018 6:39 AM BST
Rams gonna be very hard to deal with based on that 2nd half display. Star running back, an O line that gives a solid QB all day, speedy receivers, DPOY and Suh on D with star corners. Sheesh.
Report grayhawk September 11, 2018 12:59 PM BST
Only seem to be lacking an edge rush Rhino....
Report therhino September 24, 2018 9:40 AM BST
Rams to go 16-0 anyone?
Report jedi sophie September 27, 2018 9:32 PM BST
Surely they dispose of the Vikings after there stunningly bad display against Bills.
Literally beyond belief that game was,how bad they were.
Hoping for a routine win,move on,couple of injuries to carry on the D tonight the Rams...
Doubt go 16.0 Rhino bit it would be pleasing I would think from a financial perspective.
Report nellie1970 September 27, 2018 9:47 PM BST
do not think they will go 16-0

fancy them tonight -7 stats against the vikings no team travelling from central time zone to pacific time zone on a thursday night have never won  or covered the spread in 12 years
Report therhino September 28, 2018 12:56 AM BST
They are more than capable of going 16-0 in my opinion but tonight is a banana peel with the injuries to the corners. Quite possibly one of the most loaded teams ever assembled (on paper at least).
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now