Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jedi sophie
16 Dec 17 20:12
| Topic/replies: 421,373 | Blogger: jedi sophie's blog
Saturday night football. Hooray.

Beats watching MOTD.

Was thinking a small dabble on the bears with a view to trade.

Chargers next up...
Share |
Show More
Report wisewords December 16, 2017 10:39 PM GMT
The Bears are horrific.
Report jedi sophie December 16, 2017 11:55 PM GMT
There not that good are they...
Small losses without any OPPO to trade.
Best laid plans n that.
All aboard the Chargers train.
Lol.
Report BigField December 17, 2017 12:18 PM GMT
The Titans look worth a bet at around evens away to the 49ers
Report therhino December 17, 2017 8:35 PM GMT
Saints doing their best to choke the division away. C'mon Jets.
Report jedi sophie December 17, 2017 9:46 PM GMT
This could be a classic....
Report jucel69 December 17, 2017 10:20 PM GMT
Going to struggle without Antonio
Report jedi sophie December 17, 2017 11:33 PM GMT
This is a classic....superb game.
Report jucel69 December 17, 2017 11:43 PM GMT
Yeh I thought they were toast. AB injured and Ben hobbling around
Report GoBallistic December 18, 2017 12:19 AM GMT
SurprisedShockedGrin
Report dlarssonf December 18, 2017 12:20 AM GMT
Mike Tomlin proving yet again what a clueless coach he is LaughLaugh
Report ph. December 18, 2017 12:25 AM GMT
not Tomlins fault James can't hold on to a gimme but we all know he shuts up shop once they have a lead in last quarter. He does have a major problem with his negativity. He ain't gonna change 'cos he trusts his D. Still can't fathom how James couldn't fall over the line with nobody within touching distance.
Report ph. December 18, 2017 12:27 AM GMT
End of a poor weekend, Plymouth do me for £2k for £45 acca and James kills me for £800 pick up on little double
Report dlarssonf December 18, 2017 12:30 AM GMT
Tomlin is a clown , always has been , the talent he has had at his disposal for years and does his best to fcuk it up. Another game the dominated and lost. Playcalling on the drive beforehand was shocking too, and then they they have burns on Gronk wtfLaughLaugh
Report casemoney December 18, 2017 12:32 AM GMT
IM not sure how they have reversed that ?  He is deffo in control as Knee goes Down  , All he has to do is break the plane ??
Report ph. December 18, 2017 12:37 AM GMT
but doesn't he have to be in control of possession when he ends the play? Eg if he was stood upright, reached over the line and then withdrew his arm after breaking the plane and remained on his feet but a yard back from the line. He has broken the plane and after all that is what is required with control of the ball.
Report scoobytoo December 18, 2017 12:46 AM GMT
has to be in possession in the process of "completing" the catch
Report casemoney December 18, 2017 12:52 AM GMT
The way I look at it ,he was in control when Knee hit , If he doesnt stretch and is touched the pass is Complete there ?

He was not touched and stretched Clearly  he has control as ball breaks the Plane is not in control as ball hits the Turf

That is some call to reverse that ...
Report ph. December 18, 2017 12:53 AM GMT
and breaking the plane occurs before he slightly fumbles? At worst it was still inconclusive as one hand was probably grasping the ball over the line but the plane was clearly breached micro seconds before. Nothing to be done about it now!
Report dlarssonf December 18, 2017 12:54 AM GMT
A running back just has to break the plane and it’s a TD, a receiver has to break the plane and maintain control all the way through to the ground for a TD
Report scoobytoo December 18, 2017 12:56 AM GMT
the rules wrong but the ruling was right
Report ph. December 18, 2017 12:57 AM GMT
It was just a poor completion, nobody around to touch him 'dead' and he cant finish that play, a penalty kick from a yard out with no keeper would be the football equivalent.
Report casemoney December 18, 2017 12:57 AM GMT
Thats the way Im looking at it PH   , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOfBQWPMos  we are not alone PH LOL
Report dlarssonf December 18, 2017 12:59 AM GMT
Totally scooby the zebra's got it right ( and I hate New England ) but the rule of a catch now is ludicrous
Report jedi sophie December 18, 2017 12:59 AM GMT
Still an outrageous reversal....stay out of the game zebras, season defining,not just match and the referee wants to be the hero, usual bollocks with the Pats...TD should stand as called. Ridiculous.
Only thing more so was the next play, play call.....
Report ph. December 18, 2017 1:01 AM GMT
tbf dlarssonf that was my belief, I don't know that the grounding was conclusive enough to reverse the play but also to not have the FG to fall back on was just unprofessional by Big Ben. That's sport and guts and glory mentality rather than a cool level head.
Report dlarssonf December 18, 2017 1:02 AM GMT
It's not outrageous , all scoring plays are reviewed and by the rules of the game it was the correct decision.  It's the rule that's outrageous
Report jedi sophie December 18, 2017 1:02 AM GMT
Ball barely ****g moved....
Terrible call at that stage of game, all sorts of PI going on all over field and weren't calling that.
Steelers robbed of deserved win and home field advantage.
Report dlarssonf December 18, 2017 1:03 AM GMT
Yeah ph that's sport and betting aside that's why we love it - the drama Cool
Report jedi sophie December 18, 2017 1:05 AM GMT
It wasn't clear, it's meant to be clear to reverse....
Nantz n Romo watched ten times before seen out wrong ffs.
Report dlarssonf December 18, 2017 1:06 AM GMT
It's absolutely clear when you review it
Report casemoney December 18, 2017 1:07 AM GMT
How many times with the Pats  insane Happenings ,FFS game should have been over with a Pick then they march up for 8 points

LaughLaugh
Report casemoney December 18, 2017 1:08 AM GMT
Its the fcking Rules that are Unclear Grin
Report jedi sophie December 18, 2017 1:10 AM GMT
It often is allegedly clear,,yet they are loathe to reverse, they stay with ruling on field...
Sad when such a game is decided by an old man with a portable tv on the sideline.

Like other sports the larger outfit get the decisions.Pats get way more than most...

Still do not agree should've reversed.
Report therhino December 18, 2017 7:01 AM GMT
Item 1. Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.
Report therhino December 18, 2017 7:07 AM GMT
The call was correct, but if you were playing in the schoolyard or anywhere else that is a TD every day. NFL and pro sports in general, very much over officiated. In golf the fecking fans call up and players get penalised in the final round for a third round infraction that means nothing. This reliance on technology is against the spirit of sports imo, and causes more controversy than it eliminates.

Still, why don't you double team Gronk? And why not just kick a FG with 9 seconds left and no timeouts? The interception aside, there was no time for another play if tackled in bounds at the end. They were clearly the better team, just go to O/T and continue being the better team.

Another mention for Gronk. Incredible player.
Report casemoney December 18, 2017 5:52 PM GMT
What is TD rule regarding the Ball Breaking the Plane ,SO its a TD for breaking the Plane but then it is not cause the ball comes loose after ??

No one in the Pats team thought is was not a TD never mind the Steelers and Romo and the Other Bod in Comms had not got a Clue ,It brings the whole game into Question tbh, surely Every passing play needs to be looked at from every angle before
it can be called Complete ?? How many missed Non completions are missed during a weeks matches ? Regardless of where on the
Field they happen they will have an impact on the outcome of the game ..
Report scoobytoo December 18, 2017 8:45 PM GMT
the Sky team had a good discussion after the game and it is easier to score running than passing in that in the run-the ball simply has to cross the plane-in the process of the catch it has to "survive" the ground.
Report jedi sophie December 18, 2017 11:27 PM GMT
Was disgusted by the decision last night, still am, was similarly disgusted with referee in Cowboys game when Raiders season on line and he is revelling in the fact he is centre of attention in front of millions again when were measuring the 4th down.

Thought they got that one wrong also by way. There was also a bobbled catch in that game that could be given either way, funnily enough, not for me, they stayed with ruling on field,as have done all season, but not when the Patriots season on line.Lets reverse......

But the thing that troubles me most isn't the limelight hogging zebras, it's actually the fact that the big big decisions can and will now be taken in NFL  HEAD OFFICE. This worries me hugely.

The NFL no doubt wants the big franchises in the playoffs, no doubt, and now they have manipulated there way to having this scenario in there own hands.

A cartel similar to the Champions League football now, effectively only run for 8 teams or so.
Report Kriskin December 19, 2017 12:29 AM GMT
Just watched a re-run of the Raiders game.  WTF was Carr doing at the end.  Take ur first down yrds from the end zone and u have the game.  What he does is baffling.  He was never reaching the pylon with the Dallas defender closing him down.  Raiders beat themselves.  I agree with jedi about the 4th down call as well.
Report wisewords December 19, 2017 1:05 AM GMT
Very strange behaviour by Carr last night.
Report casemoney December 19, 2017 1:10 AM GMT
Kris I have yet to get over the Decision not to play for the Give me  FG to win the Bowl last year ,TBH I doubt I ever will ,I could not believe what I was watching ,why would anyone attempt a passing play in that Situation , some very very strange things happen in this sport ,were it Not the Superbowl I would have said it was absolutely trying to throw the game ...

Even Ben Throwing into triple coverage 3rd down an Insane play Last night Grin Lord only knows what it is going on with some of the calls .
Report casemoney December 19, 2017 1:12 AM GMT
Yet to watch the Raiders Highlights Grin
Report Kriskin December 19, 2017 1:13 AM GMT
case - as u say there is some baffling calls in so many big game deciding plays.  Carr was trying to be the hero but he took it a step too far
Report casemoney December 19, 2017 1:17 AM GMT
More Madness Plain
Report casemoney December 19, 2017 1:18 AM GMT
Just seen it
Report Kriskin December 19, 2017 1:20 AM GMT
It's quite astonishing that the Raiders got nothing from that game
Report Kriskin December 19, 2017 1:28 AM GMT
On the Falcons tonite - 7pts.  Julio to have a good night tonite
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now