Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Zazu
14 Apr 16 08:25
| Topic/replies: 4,336 | Blogger: Zazu's blog
Qually will be run on the super softs. A tyre unsuitable for any decent race distance giving a big race advantage to Q2 drivers and those who dont do a run in Q3

Hamilton is getting a 5 place grid penalty for a gear box change so may also be in the range if he fails to beat the Ferraris (may he run softs in Q3??) in qualifying

Grid position of winner 8th-13th 40/1  Cool
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View 40/1 Chinese CP
Show More
Report Zazu April 14, 2016 8:25 AM BST
and thread title should be GP Blush
Report Whatoddswouldyoulike April 14, 2016 12:07 PM BST
Just noticed this thread. I had a bet on this market earlier this morning but backed "5th, 6th or 7th" at 11/1 as I can't remember the last time Lewis Hamilton was outside the top 2 in qualifying. I agree that the price for 8th-13th is also far too big. My only reservation is that the odds in this market didn't come tumbling down when news of Hamilton's grid penalty leaked out, whereas the main race market odds changed drastically. This suggests that either a) the bookies have accidentally overlooked this side market or b) should the bet win, the blighters might try to con their way out of it by claiming that they were referring to the qualifying position - before any penalties were applied. In reality they wouldn't have a leg to stand on with this argument but it can become a long drawn out battle, especially when the likes of IBAS are in cahoots with the bookies.
Report Whatoddswouldyoulike April 14, 2016 1:18 PM BST
This market seems to have been taken down now so perhaps they have finally realised their error / oversight.
Report Zazu April 14, 2016 1:49 PM BST
Im sure in Bahrain they said it was the 9th consecutive Mercedes 1-2 in qualifying (might have misheard though)

But Hamilton could run a completely different strategy in qualifying knowing hes going back 5 places, theres is also rain forecast in the morning.

Ive backed drivers before after qualifying penalties and been paid out fine. Alonso Monaco 2006 being the notable highlight
Report Whatoddswouldyoulike April 14, 2016 2:13 PM BST
OK, good luck with your bet (though I obviously hope mine wins!).
Report Zazu April 15, 2016 6:37 AM BST
Mercs miles ahead

Lots if rain tomorrow so wet qually looks certain
Report bb66 April 15, 2016 9:31 AM BST
RB hoping for front row in wet QP
Report Zazu April 16, 2016 5:29 AM BST
very wet FP3. not much rain forecast for rest of day
Report Zazu April 16, 2016 8:39 AM BST
Dry qually

Hamilton out Q1 Cool

Done my conkers Cry
Report Virgin April 16, 2016 9:48 AM BST
Missed Q Blush watch 12.30 Ch 4 .....
Report Zazu April 16, 2016 10:05 AM BST
Raining during the post qual interviews Mischief
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now