Forums

Mixed Martial Arts

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
razz
15 Jun 17 10:23
| Topic/replies: 6,756 | Blogger: razz's blog
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/boxing/market/1.132180828

conor vs floyd confirmed, odds up on exchange, 130k plus matched after a few hours
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View general MMA/ combat sport sh1t talk
Show More
Report razz June 16, 2017 5:20 PM BST
1.8 million matched after 1 day, the conor effect is real, this will break records on betfair
Report Afc888 June 17, 2017 12:28 PM BST
Interesting match up id expect Mayweather to win obviously however I wouldn't expect him to KO mcgregor personally taking 5/6 on a guy who hasn't knocked anybody out since 2011 7 fights ago. Id expect Mayweather to use his speed and pick him off over the course of the fight..
Report razz June 23, 2017 10:06 PM BST
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/23/15860814/mayweathers-trainer-im-worried-mcgregor-will-get-frustrated-and-do-something-crazy-mma-ufc-boxing

let the mid games begin.
Report razz June 23, 2017 10:10 PM BST
I think floyd can easily tko conor, I'll take it at the current price. I think ppl are giving mcgregor too much credit here
Report razz June 27, 2017 11:02 PM BST
matt hughes update:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Family-Says-UFC-Hall-of-Famer-Matt-Hughes-Condition-is-Improving-123933

great news to hear he's improving.

On the other hand I think the train may be R.I.P after hitting that gorilla!
Report razz July 1, 2017 5:33 PM BST
tonya evinger in for megan anderson against cyborg, that was quick...
Report razz July 1, 2017 5:34 PM BST
Robbie lawler vs Donald cerrone postponed due to a cerrone injury.
Report razz July 30, 2017 7:54 AM BST
evinger did well, comparitively at least...

lawler cerrone was nice too
Report razz July 30, 2017 7:55 AM BST
1 month break after the moreno event next week unfortunately
Report razz August 13, 2017 11:06 AM BST
gastelum vs silva announced

ufc still trying to build gastelum despite all his **** ups?

thought he was going back to ww, maybe the cut is just too much. MW is too big for him but he can't make ww..

there's been talk about new weight classes though, the gaps between LW/WW and WW/MW are too big imo
Report razz August 16, 2017 8:28 PM BST
8 oz gloves confirmed for floyd/conor.

now rumours floyd got KO's in training
Report razz August 16, 2017 8:29 PM BST
kevin lee  vs tony ferguson for the interim lightweight belt. strange that beating chiesa in the most stacked division in mma gets you a title shot now....

thanks for nothing khabib...
Report Topboys August 18, 2017 1:45 AM BST
Always these sort of rumours though Razz. Most likely to try and increase PPV sales £££. Sure I read that Floyd has used 8oz glove for 46/49 of his fights so it's not that big of a deal IMO.
Report razz August 19, 2017 6:42 PM BST
definitely they are trying to increase sales. but also I'm convinced these stories are released to try and affect the price. like when dana released the sparring video with malinaggi, conor's odds immediately dropped. and when the glove story also they dropped again soon after. floyd has said he's going to be betting on himself and I think he's trying to make it seem as if conor has a better chance than he has to get more better odds on himself. he's savvy with money and he knows more ppl are going to bet conor anyway which is good for him.
Report razz August 19, 2017 6:43 PM BST
**** JDS popped, black beast vs nganou now. black beast is going down..
Report Topboys August 20, 2017 10:32 PM BST
What's yur prediction Razz for the Mayweater fight?
Report tobermory August 23, 2017 9:19 PM BST
Is Jon Jones finished with the steroid bust or just another 9 month ( 1 fight ) ban ?
Report wisewords August 26, 2017 9:04 PM BST
4 year ban.
Report Topboys August 29, 2017 1:39 AM BST
Very sad times. Has to affect hus legacy this. Should be remembered for being the GOAT but he'll be remembered for the ther **** now.
Report razz September 6, 2017 6:34 PM BST
forgot about this, what a ****how, even with a 4 year ban which i think might be unlikely but who knows, I still think he can comeback then but he wont be the same. yeah not sure what to think of his recent performances now. such a waste of talent..
Report razz September 6, 2017 6:35 PM BST

Aug 20, 2017 -- 10:32PM, Topboys wrote:

What's yur prediction Razz for the Mayweater fight?

I had mayweather by ko/tko and ML pre fight but all the hype and **** made me double guess my instincts and I only went pretty small on both.. pretty annoyed in hindsight I warning ppl about being affected by all the hype pre fight and let it happen to me : /

Report razz November 9, 2017 2:26 PM GMT
edgar out of the holloway fight god dammit, cruz out too
Report wisewords November 9, 2017 4:30 PM GMT
Cry
Report razz November 9, 2017 5:02 PM GMT
aldo calling for a rematch, I say **** it and let zabit magomasuizfhaukwfdhawiwhatever fight holloway instead
Report wisewords November 9, 2017 9:53 PM GMT
say it again?
Report razz November 11, 2017 9:06 AM GMT
anderson silva flagged again.. :(

at least gastelum isnt getting more rewards for missing weight all those times
Report razz November 11, 2017 9:06 AM GMT

Nov 9, 2017 -- 9:53PM, wisewords wrote:

say it again?

zabit magomedsharipov lol

Report razz November 11, 2017 8:11 PM GMT
Frank Mir vs Fedor announced for bellator, why not at this point... tough fight for fedor these days
Report wisewords November 12, 2017 12:06 AM GMT

Nov 11, 2017 -- 9:06AM, razz wrote:

anderson silva flagged again.. :( at least gastelum isnt getting more rewards for missing weight all those times

flagged?

Report razz November 30, 2017 11:29 PM GMT
Bellator Heavyweight tournament market up.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/mixed-martial-arts/market/1.137377840
finding it really hard to pick a winner, surely bader, mitrione or mir wins though.
Report razz December 5, 2017 8:51 AM GMT
im thinking bader tbh, he's a really big lhw so he wont be hugely undersized and is the only fighter thats in his prime haha. might make a thread for this later
Report wisewords December 5, 2017 9:20 AM GMT
when does it get underway?
Report razz December 6, 2017 6:11 PM GMT
january 20th I think, starts on the rory mcdonald vs douglas lima fight card, what a fight that's going to be, possibly the 2 best welterweights on the planet.

https://www.bestfightodds.com/

It says rampage and chael is the first fight, have to bet rampage at that price. 1.74 atm, but weird **** always happens with bellator so I wont bet that much
Report wisewords December 6, 2017 6:49 PM GMT
Do you think Bellator will ever be genuine competition to the UFC?
Report razz December 7, 2017 11:52 PM GMT
not any time soon no, strikeforce was a legitimate threat, but after they got bought out, scott coker doesn't have enough top fighters in bellator to get to where he was. and a lot of fans now are very new to the sport so they get drawn by stars, not douglas lima(who could be the best ww right now) unfortunately.
Report razz December 7, 2017 11:57 PM GMT
cub swanson vs brian ortega this weekend, excited to see ortega again, some of the best ground game in the sport atm. cub's a little over the hill I feel but still dangerous. ortega makes a lot of improvements with his striking from fight to fight and is a lot younger(i think) fighter with a lot less miles on the clock. I feel like cub has a pennant to put an exciting fight over fighting smart too. took ortega at a slight underdog for a couple units
Report razz December 10, 2017 10:23 PM GMT
beautiful guillotine form ortega, that adjustment mid choke was so skillful, truly one of the top jiu jitsu games in the sport, great to see a gracie student do so well after all these years.. cub looked ok on the feet but his strikes just didnt phase ortega at all, who just ate them like tic tacs
Report razz December 10, 2017 10:25 PM GMT
moraes's KO was another contender to KO of the year, I don't think sterling will be the same after that.
Report razz April 28, 2018 7:13 PM BST
Fedor vs Mir tonight, gone small on mir @1.8 but not that confident, he is back on the juice and looked great at the weigh ins, proof that he is taking it seriously and not just showing up for a payslip. he weighed 300lbs not that long ago and lost 30lbs. fedor looked better than he has in a long time too. but with mir being the much heavier guy and fedor basically losing to  MW ufc reject fabio maldonaldo, i feel mire is the right side and couldn't resist betting mir in this o.a.p fight.
Report TimmyRiggins April 28, 2018 11:44 PM BST
Had the exact same conversationg with my mate last night Laugh
Report TimmyRiggins April 28, 2018 11:45 PM BST
frank mir back on the juice
260 with abs
fedor got bashed up by Maldonado a few years ago
and they gave him decision
because he's a fan fave
bent as ****
got overturned I think
then mitrione sparkiod him
mir should just smash him right up
20lbs heavier
fitter
Report TimmyRiggins April 28, 2018 11:46 PM BST
might have a carpet on mir
to pay for my ufc ticket
Report TimmyRiggins April 29, 2018 4:44 AM BST
WP, Mir... Awful tactics.

Oh well, IFW just got more expensive Laugh
Report razz April 29, 2018 5:10 PM BST
that's a good win for fedor at this point in his career, now he gets to fight sonnen... fedor vs chael sonnen, wtf is happening lol. glad i kept my mir bet small and seeing fedor winning again was a small consolation
Report razz April 29, 2018 5:10 PM BST

Apr 28, 2018 -- 11:46PM, TimmyRiggins wrote:

might have a carpet on mirto pay for my ufc ticket

whats that for?  ufc liverpool?

Report TimmyRiggins April 29, 2018 7:33 PM BST

Apr 29, 2018 -- 5:10PM, razz wrote:

Apr 28, 2018 -- 11:46PM, TimmyRiggins wrote:might have a carpet on mirto pay for my ufc ticketwhats that for?  ufc liverpool?

Nah, for 226 in July.

Definitely a good result for Fedor, and be interesting to see him against Chael.

I'm presuming Chael will want to be juiced up, if he's getting in with Fedor.

Report razz May 3, 2018 4:38 PM BST
chael was almost certainly juiced vs fatpage in all likelihood, probably everyone in the tournament is lol. I think bader takes the tournament, king mos should be an easy fight, he's had a lot of injuries, is old, shopworn, had serious multiple bouts of staph that ravaged his body apparently. and even when he was in his prime i didn't rate him that highly.
Report TimmyRiggins May 4, 2018 10:15 PM BST
I'd imagine so, and definitely will be for Fedor Laugh

Bader should be winning that at a canter, as he's the only one whos anywhere near their prime.
Report razz May 5, 2018 9:35 AM BST
mitrione has a chance to catch him, but outside that i dont see anyone else standing a chance. saw a pic of him somewhere next to king mo, he looked giant.
Report TimmyRiggins May 7, 2018 11:39 PM BST
About all any of them have, I think.

Unless he gets sloppy, should beat all convincingly.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now