Forums

Mixed Martial Arts

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
razz
15 Apr 17 19:02
| Topic/replies: 6,816 | Blogger: razz's blog
Really looking forward to this card:

UFC on FOX 24 Fight Card

Main Card (on Fox at 8pm ET)

Demetrious Johnson (c)(25-2-1) vs. Wilson Reis (22-6) *flyweight championship of the world
Rose Namajunas (6-3) vs. Michelle Waterson (14-4)
Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza (24-4, 1NC) vs. Robert Whittaker (18-4)
Jeremy Stephens (25-13) vs. Renato Moicano (10-0-1)
Preliminary Card (on FS1 at 6pm ET)

Alexander Volkov (27-6) vs. Roy Nelson (22-13)
Patrick Williams (8-4) vs. Tom DuQuesnoy (14-1)
Bobby Green (23-7) vs. Rashid Magomedov (19-2)
Louis Smolka (11-3) vs. Tim Elliott (14-7-1)
Preliminary Card (on UFC Fight Pass at 4pm ET)

Aljamain Sterling (12-2) vs. Augusto Mendes (6-1)
Devin Clark (7-1) vs. Jake Collier (10-3)
Anthony Smith (26-12) vs. Andrew Sanchez (10-2)
Zak Cummings (20-5) vs. Nathan Coy (15-6)
Ashlee Evans-Smith (5-1) vs. Ketlen Vieira (7-0)
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Mighty Mouse for goat, Jacare vs...
Show More
Report razz April 15, 2017 7:12 PM BST
even though I'm not hugely interested in the main event, at least comparatively to some of the other fighters mighty mouse has beaten, it will be an incredible accomplishment if he wins tonight, he will hit 10 straight title defenses and tie anderson silva's record.. I'm not sure we will see another champion this dominant in a long long time.

whitaker vs jacare is a classic grappler vs striker match up. whitaker has 100% takedown defense if im not mistaken, but jacare is on another lvl to anyone whitaker has fought and especially considering the gigantic advantage in jiu jitsu jacare possesses. jacare does fight flat footed which could cause him problems, but I have a hard time seeing him not get a sub if he manages to take robert down. I think jacare could utilize a kick heavy gameplan here to try and set up his takedowns, whitaker may be a bit tentative to start with due to that threat, but if he can stay on the feet, it could play out similar to moose vs weidman last week, with moose starting to takeover standing as he didn't worry as much about the takedowns after repeatedly standing up. whitaker won't be able to just stand up vs jacare though and he's going to be at a size disadvantage also which hinders his chances more if jacare can clinch with him.

hard to predict as it seems to be heavily reliant on if jacare can get the TD. jacare sub or whitaker ko seem good bets.
Report razz April 15, 2017 7:36 PM BST
stephens KO, rashid decision, volkov hedged with nelson ko, elliot ml, maybe ko too, smolka looked really terrible at the weigh ins. might bite my tongue and take ashlee evans smith too... god I hate myself for saying that.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now