Forums

Mixed Martial Arts

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
betting_masta
09 Apr 17 00:43
| Topic/replies: 10,211 | Blogger: betting_masta's blog
There's free money available by backing Myles Jury @ 1.25 
Very often the UFC will throw in a sacrificial lamb to give a fighter a W. That's what they are doing with Jury giving him De La Torre.
De La Torre didn't look like he wanted to be there at the weigh-in. Jury is a solid fighter albeit he's had 2 Ls in a row. This should be straightforward.

I also like Weidman to beat Mousasi @ 2.08
better wrestler, more experienced. Mousasi is a very good fighter but has a limited game compared to Weidman who's been in title fights. Weidman looked up for it at weigh-ins, meanwhile Mousasi looked his usual casual self. Mousasi is a vg fighter but I give the edge to the All-American.

I see some value in Rosa over Burgos but it's small stakes material as I've not seen Rosa fight. All I know is he took Yair Rodriguez to a split decision who is a very good fighter and he looked pretty good at weigh-ins. Burgos also looked up for it. Both men were chatting at each other so it could be a good fight.
Rosa @ 3.00

I also think Cormier has the advantage over Rumble. Rumble has got KO power but Cormier beat him before and is a better wrestler and has good stand up. Cormier also dominated the face-off at weigh-ins and I think Rumble knows he's up against a better fighter.

boring picks but there you go
Share |
Show More
Report betting_masta April 9, 2017 12:44 AM BST
Cormer is 2.18
it's always worth looking to take the underdogs in UFC as they often win
Report betting_masta April 9, 2017 1:55 AM BST
ok so I called the Rosa fight badly wrong. Burgos beat him quite easily
Report betting_masta April 9, 2017 2:48 AM BST
Jury takes care of his lamb within a round
Report betting_masta April 9, 2017 5:03 AM BST
WOOW I was counting my money on Weidman there. TKO from a Legal knee after much confusion. Mousasi wins.
Report wisewords April 9, 2017 5:29 AM BST
that was a very screwy ending
Report wisewords April 9, 2017 5:29 AM BST
looks like DC gonna grind Rumble down here
Report wisewords April 9, 2017 5:30 AM BST
DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Topboys April 10, 2017 1:41 AM BST
Didn't see it live but seen the footage now. DC fight very strange. Rumble game plan was very odd. Was always going to end up the way it did. Four losses on the spin now for Weidmann. Will be very concerning for him.
Report razz April 15, 2017 7:21 PM BST
I legitimately think rumble would of won that fight if he didn't try to grapple DC, i think it's a mental weakness that was expose makes me wonder how much time rumble spent training jiu jitsu and being on the bottom, he smashed DC's face when he did strike but I was impressed with how DC weathered the storm, he's very underrated at this point in his career, I think he could beat jones when he returns, ring rust could give DC the edge there, balances out the age discrepancy a little at least.

moose fight was great while it lasted, the grappling exchanges were great to watch, and moose did an excellent job standing up from all those takedowns and gassing weidman out. weidman looked a fair size bigger and stronger too, and landed some great punches of his own, but once moose opened up with his jab, and that big flurry weidman knew he had his work cut out.

as for knee gate I haven't rewatched it yet, but I think at least one knee was illegal, it's just in the angles I saw it's hard to determine the moment when the knee makes contact with weidmans face, his fingers did leave the canvas but im not 100% sure it was before the knee landed. don't really care anyway, weidman was stupid to play that game considering the rule change. yet another questionable fight IQ choice from him along with the kick he threw that shortened his life by years.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now