Forums

Mixed Martial Arts

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
razz
11 Oct 16 21:29
| Topic/replies: 1,629 | Blogger: razz's blog
Main Card:
Eddie Alvarez (28-4) vs. Conor McGregor (20-3)*
Tyron Woodley (16-3) vs. Stephen Thompson (13-1)**
Joanna Jedrzejczyk (12-0) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (10-0)***
Donald Cerrone (31-7, 1 NC) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (12-2) — LAWLER WITHDREW
Chris Weidman (13-1) vs. Yoel Romero (12-1)
Miesha Tate (18-6) vs. Raquel Pennington (8-5)

Preliminary Card:
Frankie Edgar (20-5-1) vs. Jeremy Stephens (25-12)
Khabib Nurmagomedov (23-0) vs. Michael Johnson (18-10)
Rashad Evans (19-5-1) vs. Tim Kennedy (18-5)
Rafael Natal (21-7-1) vs. Tim Boetsch (19-10)
Jim Miller (27-8) vs. Thiago Alves (21-10) — IAQUINTA CONTRACT DISPUTE
Lyman Good (19-3) vs. Belal Muhammad (10-1)
Liz Carmouche (10-5) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (8-0)

Lots of people calling this the best card ever, agree or disagree?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View McGregor vs Alvarez: UFC 205, nov 12th
Show More
Report razz November 1, 2016 1:20 AM GMT
under 2 weeks out now, no injuries so far, praise odin!

definitely best card ever for me too, lalwer cerrone would of been sensational too but no big loss on a card this epic.

hope wonderboy can pull it off but lotta ppl are sleeping on woodley.
Report jasey November 6, 2016 3:22 PM GMT
Could see the dogs winning every fight.
I am sweet on Tyron Gastelum and Weidman on the mains and for the good of the sport i hope eddie absolutely smashes Mcgregor to bits.
Sick to death of him his padded record and his plastic fans.
Report Mt006 November 9, 2016 11:18 AM GMT
Tim "Salty" Kennedy v Rashad Evans is now OFF

However Lol at McGregors "padded" record - Porier, Holloway, Mendes and some brazilian called Aldo....

I like Gastelum -Cerrone was like a video game in his last fight but as long as Gastelum gets his weight cut right I think he will be just too big for the Cowboy. 

Weidman looked off the pace against Rockhold and the rumours are that USDA new testing is causing him problems so I think Romero is value against him. 

Plus I also like (at the prices) Johnson to upset Khabib.....  hes been off for 2 years, had a warm up fight against a relative no hoper but Johnson needs to put up or shut up after his outbursts...
Report TimmyRiggins November 9, 2016 6:19 PM GMT

Nov 9, 2016 -- 11:18AM, Mt006 wrote:

Tim "Salty" Kennedy v Rashad Evans is now OFFHowever Lol at McGregors "padded" record - Porier, Holloway, Mendes and some brazilian called Aldo....I like Gastelum -Cerrone was like a video game in his last fight but as long as Gastelum gets his weight cut right I think he will be just too big for the Cowboy.  Weidman looked off the pace against Rockhold and the rumours are that USDA new testing is causing him problems so I think Romero is value against him.  Plus I also like (at the prices) Johnson to upset Khabib.....  hes been off for 2 years, had a warm up fight against a relative no hoper but Johnson needs to put up or shut up after his outbursts...

If we were going to lose one fight, I'm glad it's that one.

Agree on McGregor, peculiar comment.

Gastelum is new breed, and cowboy is an old school savage, so should be great.

Can't stand Weidman, so hope he gets done by a juicebox, lol.

Think Khabib will just do the same thing he has done to everyone, and chuck Johnson around for 15 minutes.

For the champs fights, I'll go Joanna/Eddie/Tyron @ 7/1 for a punt.

Good luck everyone who isn't as lazy as me, and is actually having a proper bet Laugh

Report jasey November 10, 2016 9:28 AM GMT
What is peculiar about it.
Report TimmyRiggins November 10, 2016 2:20 PM GMT

Nov 10, 2016 -- 9:28AM, jasey wrote:

What is peculiar about it.

I don't know, maybe the fact that he has been very active, and beaten everyone but Diaz who he fought at WW.

He has been more active than most, and can't just fight everybody in a year.

You obviously dislike him, which is fine, but to suggest he has a padded record, is just standard anti McGregor rhetoric.

Good luck with your bet.

Report razz November 10, 2016 4:05 PM GMT
I'm loving MJ's odds i got 3.75 outright. khabib is a grappling machine but he's been out so long.. he didn't throw any punches in his comeback fight vs  which makes me think he's a bit tentative there. MJ's speed and TDD could create opening's for him. obviously khabib is undefeated and you can't count him out but the odds are off here. MJ is on a heater and he looks to be finally putting his skillset together. he has the potential to be champ but he's inconsistant and his mentality acn be questionable at times ala the nate diaz fight.

I like cowboy here, gastelum is a slow starter and finds it hard to live up to his potential, he's had a few setbacks now where he should of won ala magny fight. he clearly beat hendricks although big rig has looked a shadow of his former self of late. cowboy constantly surprises me and i have picked against him the last couple fights,  but I just can't look past his ridiculous performance vs story, he is a rare type of fighter especially at the age of 33 who's skill-set doesn't plateau unlike most. his sheer amount of experience is a big advantage against the comparatively green kelvin. kelvin also get's rocked more than cowboy which could be trouble as cerrone's striking is pinpoint accurate. kelvin is only 25 though and we will likely see an much improved version of him. hard fight to call but Im leaning cowboy. kelvin could also struggle with the weight cut which is a coincidence as that's what caused cowboy to move up and have this mini resurgence at WW.
Report TimmyRiggins November 10, 2016 8:56 PM GMT
Well, that was a lively presser Laugh

Only bet I've had is a treble on the 3 champs, and a single now on Eddie @ 6/4

I like Johnson, but I'd hardly call losing 2 of his last 3 a heater, however, his performance was superb against Poirier, and I'd prob go for the dog in this situation, too.

Will just enjoy the Cowboy fight, and hope to see some more Matrix ****.
Report Wildcat Army. November 11, 2016 3:40 PM GMT
Cerrone vs Gastelum has been scrapped.... Gastelum failed to make weight by 10lbs !!
Report TimmyRiggins November 11, 2016 5:41 PM GMT

Nov 11, 2016 -- 3:40PM, Wildcat Army. wrote:

Cerrone vs Gastelum has been scrapped.... Gastelum failed to make weight by 10lbs !!

Embarrassing.

Report razz November 11, 2016 7:39 PM GMT
ffs..
Report frank60 November 11, 2016 9:36 PM GMT
Weigh/in 11pm on ufc site live
Report razz November 11, 2016 10:20 PM GMT
hope they can get a replacement, masvidal maybe? that would be a good fight
Report razz November 11, 2016 11:15 PM GMT
props to jim miller for taking the fight with alves, he's going to be at a big disadvantage now, since thiago missed weight so badly
Report razz November 12, 2016 12:12 AM GMT
here's the weigh ins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoaKWb0XTAY

I'm pumped for this one fella's it's going to be crazy, weidman romero I can't make up my mind on, keep switching between both, wonderboy's going to pick woodley appart, no way woodley can go 5 rounds especially on the feet. he might be able to hold wonderboy down but his takedowns are overated and he prefers to work the clinch.

100% forgot about frankie vs jeremy too, that's the most overlooked fight on this card by a longshot, frankie could well dance rings around stephens but you never know with jeremy he has that fight changing power and heart for days like frankie, could be an all out war right there!!
Report jasey November 12, 2016 12:25 AM GMT
Dissapointing no Cerrone/Gastelum.Cerrone was on about trying to get  Damian Maia to step up.

Correct Timmy i don't like Connor but i think he beats Eddie.
I want Eddie to win so bad but can only see him shipping a ton of damage.Connor will be elusive using all those kicks to upset Eddies rythmn and capitalise on every single mistake.Even if Eddie takes Connor down I don't think he will be able to keep him down for  very long.
Eddie does have a good record against southpaws and the 13/2 (lads) for him to win by ko/tko I thought was to big GU ON EDDIE!
Report razz November 12, 2016 3:00 PM GMT
im I think JJ wins just not sure about playing that price, kk's too slow for her, and much better at range but this fight will be most interesting in the clinch, this could be matt brown vs tim means esque with elbows galore, we could be in for an all out war if the fight stays there.
I think that's kk's best chance to win, maybe try for a take down or 2 in the close rounds as jj is vulnerable to td's but a lot of chicks have gassed by taking her down, she seems to be better at getting up from the bottom against the cage than she is at TDD, it just seems a lot easier for her build, which is a pretty clever tactic as she's faced so many grapplers. but if jj can be the aggressor she will find that chin that kk leaves high when moving backwards and also when she's reckless moving into close quarters to work her elbows. I fully expect jj to come out of the gate quick as kk seems a little bit of a slow starter, may play the over as both are very durable and don't seem to get hurt or cut much, jj seems a bit more muscular her last couple fights too, should be a fun fight.
Report jasey November 12, 2016 4:04 PM GMT
I wonder if KK has a submission up her sleeve or something we haven't seen but I  expect a massacre in that fight.JJs world class muay thai against an inexperienced fighter.I can't see KK holding JJ down if she even gets a td.
Many times we see fighters perform like we have never seen when facing their toughest ever opponent so I hope I am wrong because I like KK.

Had to have another trixie after Kelvin couldn't stop eating doughnuts so put Luque(thought he should be fav in that one)along with Wiedman and T-Wood.
Report jasey November 12, 2016 6:45 PM GMT
Interesting that Gabe Killian (mma odds breaker/mma roasted)a pretty good mma tipster imo fancies KK for the upset and also fight of the night.
Report razz November 12, 2016 8:08 PM GMT
I wouldn't rule out a sub but think it's unlikely, I might play it tiny if i can get matched, but I think both of there ground game's are underrated tbh
Report razz November 12, 2016 9:06 PM GMT
khabib sub is 6.5 at w1ll1amh1ll had to take a stab at that.
Report jasey November 12, 2016 10:36 PM GMT
Johnson has been susceptible in the past
Report Topboys November 12, 2016 11:00 PM GMT
Khabib, Frankie, Jedrzejczyk and Woodley accy for me
Report treeko November 13, 2016 12:20 AM GMT
as long as mcgregor beats alvarez im no bothered about the rest, will be gd too watch them hopefully but only to get the in the mood!
Report treeko November 13, 2016 12:20 AM GMT
*me
Report razz November 13, 2016 1:13 AM GMT
good fights so far,

great to see jim miller get the win after alves missed weight and have a size advantage, fun fight.

wow I knew belal relied on his chin a lot but I thought it would hold a bit longer than that lol
Report jasey November 13, 2016 2:09 AM GMT
This like the bear scene in the revenant
Report razz November 13, 2016 3:00 AM GMT
it did haha, khabib is unrivalled with his grappling, his chin is worrying though, what a beatdown after the 1st takedown, not seen a more 1 sided fight than that for a while... nailed that khabib sub bet though!
Report razz November 13, 2016 3:01 AM GMT
edgar is so damn tough, amazing to think he's never been KO'd or subebd and he's getting on a bit. don't think he would of won that fight if it was a 5 rounder though.
Report jasey November 13, 2016 3:35 AM GMT
good call Khabib sub.
Frank got a chin.
Meisha losing this fight
Report razz November 13, 2016 3:43 AM GMT
I hugely overestimated miesha, I was big on her pre fight then went even bigger on rocky in round 2 on the exchange.
Report jasey November 13, 2016 3:49 AM GMT
Romero mega dangerous in this 1st round.
Report razz November 13, 2016 4:13 AM GMT
oh my god weidman nearly died from that knee...
Report jasey November 13, 2016 4:13 AM GMT
weidman obliterated
Report razz November 13, 2016 4:22 AM GMT
if yoel fights bisping now.....those KO lines...
Report jasey November 13, 2016 4:29 AM GMT
Cant see how Mike can beat Romero
Report TimmyRiggins November 13, 2016 4:30 AM GMT

Nov 13, 2016 -- 4:22AM, razz wrote:

if yoel fights bisping now.....those KO lines...

Love Bisping, but he had better hope he gets medically retired, before he gets properly retired Laugh

Great shout on Khabib, that was savage.

Report TimmyRiggins November 13, 2016 4:32 AM GMT

Nov 13, 2016 -- 4:13AM, razz wrote:

oh my god weidman nearly died from that knee...

Mate is over there, and text me saying that Weidman hardly moved for ages.

Pretty scary when you see that he'd been opened up as well.

Report razz November 13, 2016 4:46 AM GMT
didn't see the cut, but I immediately thought of cyborg who got his skull broken by mvp a few months back, that was one of the hardest shot's I've seen anyone take in a while..

absolutely amazed weidman didn't go completely out..
Report razz November 13, 2016 4:46 AM GMT
joanna champion tearing KK up from range
Report razz November 13, 2016 5:04 AM GMT
wmma is so much more technical than a couple years ago, that was a great fight
Report TimmyRiggins November 13, 2016 5:05 AM GMT

Nov 13, 2016 -- 5:04AM, razz wrote:

wmma is so much more technical than a couple years ago, that was a great fight

Going to be tough topping that.

Report jasey November 13, 2016 5:14 AM GMT
I think Rogan was a tad harsh on KK
Report TimmyRiggins November 13, 2016 5:17 AM GMT

Nov 13, 2016 -- 5:14AM, jasey wrote:

I think Rogan was a tad harsh on KK

Didn't hear it. What did he say, jasey?

Report jasey November 13, 2016 5:22 AM GMT
He sounded in commentary like it was super one sided,it was a clear victory but not as easy as Joe made out.
Report jasey November 13, 2016 5:29 AM GMT
This uses up gas
Report razz November 13, 2016 5:37 AM GMT
thought it was pretty 1 sided up until the 4th, a lot closer after that.
Report jasey November 13, 2016 5:37 AM GMT
T-Woods gas tank is key here.
Report razz November 13, 2016 5:38 AM GMT
I think WB has this, tyron gassing already, and can't take him down that round
Report jasey November 13, 2016 5:39 AM GMT
It was one sided but not like BJ Penn v Diego Sanchez
Report jasey November 13, 2016 5:43 AM GMT
How they scoring this
Report jasey November 13, 2016 5:49 AM GMT
Risk reward was not great then for Tyron.
Report nugget November 13, 2016 5:56 AM GMT
yawn
Report TimmyRiggins November 13, 2016 5:56 AM GMT

Nov 13, 2016 -- 5:22AM, jasey wrote:

He sounded in commentary like it was super one sided,it was a clear victory but not as easy as Joe made out.

Yeah, was definitely a competitive fight, and that was a savage punch she caught her with. JJ definitely looked worse of the 2 at the end, too.

Report nugget November 13, 2016 6:02 AM GMT
Can't believe Woodley's price after the fight finished!
Report Senyatta November 13, 2016 6:03 AM GMT
draw
Report razz November 13, 2016 6:03 AM GMT
well that was bizzare.. never seen them do a correction lol, bruce buffer **** up
Report razz November 13, 2016 6:04 AM GMT
strange fight, WB should thrown more volume, he let woodely of the hook a bit I thought
Report letsrock! November 13, 2016 6:04 AM GMT
Does majority draw mean the market is voided ?
Report letsrock! November 13, 2016 6:05 AM GMT
The fight result market I mean
Report jasey November 13, 2016 6:06 AM GMT
FOOKED my bet over.
They gotta get rid of this boxing scoring method.
Report jasey November 13, 2016 6:06 AM GMT
Yeh void
Report letsrock! November 13, 2016 6:07 AM GMT
FS only one winner there.
Report jasey November 13, 2016 6:08 AM GMT
Don't think WB done enough but fair play to him for surviving Tyrons best bombs.
Report razz November 13, 2016 6:12 AM GMT
yeah round 3 was definitely a 10-8
Report nugget November 13, 2016 6:17 AM GMT
10 point must is sh*t
Report nugget November 13, 2016 6:18 AM GMT
If Thompson won 3 rounds 10-9

then round 3 should have been 10-5
Report jasey November 13, 2016 6:19 AM GMT
Think Eddie gets in a fire fight
Report jasey November 13, 2016 6:26 AM GMT
Shut that stupid women up
Report letsrock! November 13, 2016 6:31 AM GMT
Surprised that went on as long as it did. Total mismatch in class.
Report razz November 13, 2016 6:31 AM GMT
incredible

1st ever MMA fighter to achieve this....

history right here lads
Report jasey November 13, 2016 6:31 AM GMT
Gutted but That's a destruction.
Report Angela Rebecchi November 13, 2016 6:32 AM GMT
1.85 on here when they first priced it up, had to take the 1.7 instead, Conor so under rated in this market it's unreal.
Report nugget November 13, 2016 6:34 AM GMT
early stoppage?
Report razz November 13, 2016 6:37 AM GMT
lol do you want to see eddie murdered nugget?!
Report nugget November 13, 2016 6:37 AM GMT
I'm not complaining, neither is Eddie probably!
Report jasey November 13, 2016 6:37 AM GMT
No way Eddie was done
Report nugget November 13, 2016 6:38 AM GMT
McGregor's g&p isn't the greatest
Report Angela Rebecchi November 13, 2016 6:38 AM GMT

Nov 13, 2016 -- 6:34AM, nugget wrote:

early stoppage?

You joking? He was about to get smashed into 20 pieces, he was cooked.

Report TimmyRiggins November 13, 2016 6:40 AM GMT

Nov 13, 2016 -- 6:38AM, nugget wrote:

McGregor's g&p isn't the greatest

I'm sure even I could G&P someone that's essentially sparked out Laugh

Report razz November 13, 2016 6:41 AM GMT
big john knew he'd had enough

lol at that speech
Report nugget November 13, 2016 6:41 AM GMT
Yeah, good stoppage.  Who's up next? Ferguson?

Would be good to see Cowboy get a shot.  Kebab is the danger man but is at the back of line.
Report TimmyRiggins November 13, 2016 6:41 AM GMT
Lost dough, but fk it, can't take anything away from that performance.
Report TimmyRiggins November 13, 2016 6:42 AM GMT
Ferguson would be my pick.

Superb match up.

Probably look like something out of Saturday Night Fever, watching them cut shapes around the octagon.
Report razz November 13, 2016 6:45 AM GMT
I reckon ferg is next, it's a better and more exciting fight, it'll sell a lot more also. khabib said he'd leave the ufc if he doesn't get a shot next. not sure what they'll do tbh, they should of just re-arranged el cucuy vs khabib when it got cancelled
Report razz November 13, 2016 6:45 AM GMT
either way someone is going to feel shafted lol
Report razz November 13, 2016 6:48 AM GMT
khabib would be more dangerous I think, I'm not sure tony can eat those shots, and he's been tagged a lot in his career, his chin will eventually go, but then again khabib's chin has big question marks around it.
Report TimmyRiggins November 13, 2016 6:49 AM GMT
Just have to wait in line for their own red panty night.
Report nugget November 13, 2016 7:05 AM GMT
I'm not sure anyone can stand with McGregor in the division.  Especially after watching tonight, he looked the bigger stronger fighter even though he was coming up from the lower weight division. 

In sying that if Khabib can wrap his arm around McGregor or take him down it's over.  There's more than a strong possibility though Khabib gets knocked out before he gets that opportunity.   Stylistically that is a very interesting fight.
Report jasey November 13, 2016 7:18 AM GMT
Khabib gives everyone a problem.
El Cucuy has a chance and I wud give Benny Dariush a squeak other than that Connor cleans the division.
Report jasey November 13, 2016 7:19 AM GMT
I thought the Old school **** grabber attended.
Report nugget November 13, 2016 7:20 AM GMT
I guess after watching both of the Diaz fights and the Holloway fight at welterweight, Ferguson with a somewhat similar volume striking style will rate his chances.   McGregor looked a different animal today though, weather or not that was down to his opponent or improvement, I tend to lean towards the latter.
Report nugget November 13, 2016 7:21 AM GMT
Kebab got rocked early in his fight, he looked wobly
Report sofaking November 13, 2016 10:46 PM GMT
Ha, McGregor made Alvarez look like a total mug. Laugh
Report nugget November 14, 2016 12:46 AM GMT
Irish ****, anyone can see Alvarez took a dive

why wouldn't he, money talks
Report nugget November 14, 2016 12:47 AM GMT
nice quick stoppage

lol
Report sofaking November 14, 2016 1:54 AM GMT

Nov 14, 2016 -- 12:47AM, nugget wrote:

nice quick stoppagelol

Quick stoppage?  Really?   Alvarez was getting pummeled and was massively out of his depth in there.

Report nugget November 14, 2016 3:19 AM GMT
props to Conner for making midget fighting relevant
Report nugget November 14, 2016 3:21 AM GMT
Alvarez took a dive, he did in round one and the ref wouldn't stop it
he did in round 2 and the ref stopped it early

watch the fight Wink
Report sofaking November 14, 2016 3:42 AM GMT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now