Forums

Mixed Martial Arts

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
razz
14 Jun 16 20:12
| Topic/replies: 6,923 | Blogger: razz's blog

Rory MacDonald vs. Stephen Thompson
Donald Cerrone vs. Patrick Cote
Steve Bosse vs. Sean O’Connell
Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Thibault Gouti
Joanne Calderwood vs. Valerie Letourneau

Prelims

Jason Saggo vs. Leandro Silva
Misha Cirkunov vs. Ion Cutelaba
Krzysztof Jotko vs. Tamdan McCrory
Chris Beal vs. Joe Soto

UFC fight pass prelims

Sam Alvey vs. Elias Theodorou
Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger vs. Randa Markos
Colby Covington vs. Jonathan Meunier
Ali Bagautinov vs. Geane Herrera
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View McDonald vs Wonderboy: june 18th/19th
Show More
Report razz June 15, 2016 2:54 AM BST
love this card, Can't wait for rory-thompson, surely a #1 contender match-up. rory seems pretty confident as he's fighting out his contract into free agency, so if he wins he'll get a much better contract £££ wise in the future, could he be heading ot bellator if he loses i wonder? we haven't seen the exodus many expected yet since benson henderson left. rory would be the biggest name yet to leave if he did though. and with koreshkov soundly beating henderson that presents a unique and legit fight over there.

I'm gonna have to fade rory though after the sheer war he went through with lawler, that kind of fight can take years of a fighters career, and with the striking deficit you have to think his gameplan is going to be oriented on setting up takedowns where he'll have a clear advantage on the ground. the biggest question mark is wonderboy's takedown defense and if it'll be enough to stuff them, rory struggled with them against lawler who has exceptional TDD, and thompson defended well against hendricks who is a much better wrestler than rory. I can see rory working his jab and trying to utilise a lot of movement and feints, to get thompson thinking about the TDD.
This is still a very risky fight for wonderboy though. gonna be eyeing that rory sub line closely to hedge.

I think the odds are the wrong way around for cote/cerrone, interesting fight though, cowboy is moving up to welterweight for this fight so he should be the smaller guy. I think cote should be fav because I can't see cerrone being able to take cote down with the size difference and cowboy's biggest weakness plays right into cote's biggest strength and that's the boxing aspect of the fight. cowboy has gotten starched numerous times before by better boxers.
Also he's stated numerous times he likes fight very often but has only fought a moderst(for him) 2 times in the last 13 months. Im wondering if that will effect his performance at all.
Report Biscar Two from a mile back June 18, 2016 3:42 PM BST
Jojo got her hands full tonight, Letourneau be too big for her I reckon.
Report razz June 18, 2016 10:55 PM BST
possibly yeah, jojo has been training at tri-star which is a good career move for her. looking to live bet letourneau
Report Biscar Two from a mile back June 19, 2016 1:03 PM BST
Got the Jojo fight wrong, I've seen her at small shows fighting thai and thought that she had overstepped her level. Pleased that her careeer is back on track but a strange fight overall. Letorneau had gone five rounds with the 115 champ so to see her buckle so easily last night was a shock.
Report razz June 24, 2016 4:52 AM BST
that spinning back elbow from calderwood int he first round was brilliant, Im sure letorneau was KO'd then for a moment. great performance from her.

wonderboy was very impressive, he really beat rory up later in the fight. he did as well as anyone on the feet vs thompson, at least for the first few rounds. UFC look a bit silly for not pushing a wonderboy/lawler title fight for ufc 200 co main imo.
Report razz June 24, 2016 5:02 AM BST
gotta say, cowboy really impressed me, although cote looked like **** tbh, the bosse o'connel fight was nuts lol, need to re watch that one.
Report razz June 26, 2016 4:45 PM BST
Here's the post fight press conference for anyone that missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcNjSHgsaV4
Report Roger The Butler June 26, 2016 10:42 PM BST
Have to say I was a bit disappointed there was not more action in the MacDonald/Thompson fight but pleased Thompson won as I think he is the real deal.

Bosse/O'Connell was amazing, just brilliant. O'Connell must have had concrete implants in his chin. The shots those guys were throwing and taking were amazing, fight of the night by a mile.
Report razz July 4, 2016 5:51 PM BST
kinda know what you mean, I enjoyed it just too see thompson's skills and how he avoided taking punishment. sucks for rory though, his wrestling isn't quite up there to beat the top guys with good TDD. I liked the iminari rolls he tried at the start of the fight, they were a clever part of the gameplan, even if they were unsuccessful.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now