Forums

Mixed Martial Arts

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Biscar Two from a mile back
24 Feb 16 14:18
| Topic/replies: 7,059 | Blogger: Biscar Two from a mile back's blog
145 to 170 thats a big jump Shocked
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View McGregor V Nate Diaz at 170
Show More
Report Mt006 February 24, 2016 3:02 PM GMT
McGregor was aiming for 155- so woud probably have been over then cut.  He will be undersized at 170 but Diaz fights at both weights anyway and won't be much heavier than him come fight night.

McGregor cuts a lot of weight to make that 145 limit and it gets underestimated how big he is.  Height difference is about 3 inches
Report Roger De Bris February 24, 2016 3:51 PM GMT
McGregor walks around at 170.
Report jasey February 24, 2016 4:53 PM GMT
Nate is a big price 10/3.
Report Topboys February 24, 2016 10:28 PM GMT
Heard McGregor is currently walking around at 177lbs so some dehydration day before and he's on track. Be interesting to see how he moves at this weight category.
Report RBoyd86 February 25, 2016 3:02 AM GMT
at presser nate looks a lot bigger man too me
Report TheEdd February 26, 2016 11:43 AM GMT
big jump indeed seeing as he aint even had a fight at 155 yet but hes a beast and like the guy above says walks around about 170, altho there was a debate in the press conference were mcgregor claimed diaz would only argee to fight at 170 when mcgregor wanted 155 but only the fighters themselfs will know the true story to that, altho i hope he doesnt think about coming upto the welterweight because he woldnt be able to deal with robbie lawlers power imo, love watching him and big fan of his but should stay at 155 and take over at that weight for me
Report Roger De Bris February 27, 2016 5:07 PM GMT
Diaz knows he can't just roll of the couch and compete with McGregor. That's why he was like how many sparring rounds have you done?
Handy $500k just to get beat down.
Report frank60 March 1, 2016 5:33 PM GMT
Roger Theres no value in backing McGregor ; [1/5] but there might be value in backing him to win in rd 3 , Diaz has a long reach and he just might be able to keep mcg at bay until the 3rd rd, also the only way Diaz can win is by submission so Conar might be careful early on in the fight, around 8/1 should be avilable here come saterday.
Report razz March 2, 2016 12:57 AM GMT
Brian stann had a good breakdown on the MMA hour yesterday, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVR7t1cPTpY at 1:14:00 ish

He had a great quote about nate's interview "any time an opponent even hints at the slightest acceptance of defeat it brings them a step away from it's reality" in regards to taking the fight on 10 days notice. then goes on to say: the fact that Diaz's style is heavily reliant on elite level cardio could be a big worry for him considering he's fighting McGregor.

I don't get all the surprise at the 170 announcement, that's literally his natural weightclass, diaz is going to have a big speed disadvantage I feel and that will cost him badly.
Report razz March 2, 2016 1:00 AM GMT
hey frank, did you mean that you wanted 8/1 on diaz sub? you can get like 15 quid at 9/1 + on the exchange.
Report razz March 2, 2016 1:03 AM GMT
and there seems to be actual liquidity in the method of victory market for once so you could probably put a bet in at 9/1 if you want more and it will likely get matched. all the diaz props could drift when the irish money comes in on connor, and the knowledge of diaz's quite possible cardio issues could spur more money on conor also.
Report frank60 March 2, 2016 1:31 AM GMT
TY RAZZ, If i can get 9s i will be happy.
Report razz June 7, 2016 9:45 PM BST
so the rematch is taking place at ufc 202 and you can still get diaz as an underdog which is good value imo, should trade lower.
Report betting_masta July 6, 2016 9:42 PM BST
the odds for this are still laughable. Diaz is evens, McGregor is the favourite again. I can't see how CMG ever wins this fight.
Report razz July 7, 2016 1:42 PM BST
yep, the lines are so clearly off on this one, not to write of conor, as he is capable of ko'ing nate or winning a decision, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that he should be the favorite when you take into consideration the result and circumstances of their first fight. I'd be very surprised if diaz is still dog at fight time. Just can't see that much support in the markets for conor, surely there will be a big drop in the amount wagered on conor from the irish..
Report Roger De Bris August 20, 2016 12:30 PM BST
Wd Frank. Great call. McGregor got the tactics all wrong.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now