Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
somemuppet
10 Jul 18 22:43
| Topic/replies: 1,542 | Blogger: somemuppet's blog
When you place your lucky 15 bets do you use a normal docket or a printed docket with boxes to write your selections?

The reason I ask is that Paddys took a 100 lucky 15 bet in Ascot of someone I know . One selection won at 9/2 so Punter
was relieved that he'd get treble the odds so stake was covered. However he got 550 back only. Girl in office whom he was a regular
and good stakes punter told him that because he didnt fill in an official docket they couldent pay him.

This really irks me .. as well as that after ringing head office , they said that it was at the discretion of the shop manager. So somebody else
that maybe the Manager gets on with would get the treble the odds back for same bet on another day ! Id like to think that if  i was regular in a bookies and was placing this amount theyd be obliged to tell you !!
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View question for lucky 15 fans ..
Show More
Report joevalue147 July 11, 2018 8:20 PM BST
Your friend has been very hard done by. The cashier would have translated the bet as a Lucky 15 into the system as normal and would have notified head office of the 'dangerous bet'.   Obviously head office, in seeing the bet noticed that the bet was done on a normal docket.   Some clever clogs (in head office or trading department)flagged up the issue.  Your friend had'nt a leg to stand on with the shop manager. Regular customer or not.  PP shop managers are on bonus's depending on profit.  No profit equals no bonus.  That's why if you do get a 'win' with them you have to make sure you are getting what you are entitled to. Once you leave the shop with your winnings their is no turning back if you think you might have been left short.  In short, make sure you are satisfied with , rule 4s, prices, winnings before exiting shop. hth.
Report peckerdunne July 13, 2018 3:03 PM BST
In short they don't want him.
Report GLASGOWCALLING July 19, 2018 7:01 AM BST
I can't believe this " discretion of shop manager". Surely if lucky 15 was wrote on the slip and accepted as such then that should be binding. With hindsight he may have been better not drawing the winnings and seemed legal advice.
Report GLASGOWCALLING July 19, 2018 7:02 AM BST
Seeked.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now