Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarts rise
17 Jun 18 14:50
| Topic/replies: 14,828 | Blogger: stewarts rise's blog
Some good racing today including a couple of big field h'caps 4.20 and 5.20.
I was quite amazed by how easily Alcatraz won at the Curragh last saturday over 1m2fs on GF ground, travelled very easily at the back before gradually working his way through the field to lead inside the final furlong and quickly put the race to bed. George Baker had tried him over various trips in England without much success but did run some very good races over 1m4fs notably when 2nd on soft at Newmarket have to stay well there! Had previously looked to be better on softer ground and surprisingly being by Camacho who generally is better at getting sprinters but appears the dams side with Sadlers wells as the damsire has given him his stamina. Anyway believing that striking whilst the iron is hot think he has a good chance of following up here.
Beau Satchel first came to my attention way back in 2014 when winning a 17 runner h'cap at this course and quickly did the hat trick working his way up the h'cap winning races from 75,78,78 by the end of 2016 has gradually been in decline as he's got older but still won from 63 at Dunstall last October. Has ran well ridden by this 10lb claimer recently and looked unlucky not to at least place lto at Navan when being short of room on the rail but running on strongly, gets in from 60 today in this poor race with 10lbs off for young Sherry who won on Aussie Valentine last week, putting him virtually on the mark i first clocked him on over this course and the 1st time he's been back since, has to be worth an EW bet.
Share |
Show More
Report stewarts rise June 17, 2018 3:59 PM BST
Alcatraz drift is rather worrying, noone queueing up to back it either, but still 20 mins for all that to change, we'll see.
Report stewarts rise June 17, 2018 5:30 PM BST
Thought Beau Satchel was coming to win this race but just ran out of puff, traded at 1.32. Finished 3rd.
Alcatraz wasn't good enough in a better race.
Report newapproach June 18, 2018 11:51 AM BST
Hard luck with beau satchel, he ran a cracker.

Great racing there yesterday, not a great crowd possibly due to the clash with cork-waterford hurling game
Report pa lapsy July 6, 2018 10:07 AM BST
Beau Satchel ran very well again at Bellewstown a couple of days ago,outpaced and staying on well at the death. Looks one to reward EW in its current form.
The winner Stamp of Authority had enough to hold on,the claimer i think only just managed to hold on to him from taking off,changed trainer in the meantime and is drawn very wide this evening, that is the minuses, however with PP @33/1 and 1/5 4 places it might be worth a small interest(tis PP), the hopeful logic is she gets away well and like Weds tries to lead all the way, hings would have to go very right but it is a claimer and if it runs similarly to last time i think could go well.
Report pa lapsy July 12, 2018 3:50 PM BST
Hope you kept the faith Stewart.
Report stewarts rise July 12, 2018 9:36 PM BST
Wondered where i'd put this, thanks pa lapsy, would have been even better if Alcatraz had won the Nasrullah!
Report pa lapsy July 12, 2018 10:36 PM BST
Not at all SR,Alcatraz was a bit luckless in its run this evening,hard to say how much and the fact they all finished in a heap muddies it further,still it certainly wasn't a negative run.
Nice timing tonights race for Galway all the same imo,doubt it will get into the BMW as you would want to be near enough a 100 rated,still the Guinness handicap might be a possibilty or lowering sights the Guinness draught handicap.
Trainer has done very well with Maths Prize who has such a similar profile as Alcatraz.
Report pa lapsy July 13, 2018 6:41 PM BST
Ha, not hijacking your thread but like these kind in general(impossible Irish handicaps), 2 rags at the track so far this evening.

I like Denis Hogan, bobs seem to speak a lot of the time, did do I'm Serious in the next ew,bit worried with a long straight but disappointed if unplaced.
Really liked Gopsies Daughter last run,20 runner sprint handicap and drawn v. wide,finished behind a couple last 2 runs but the fact back at Navan and stiff finish be a hopeful ew at 12-14/1 tomorrow,money probably will speak,in theme with the thread if not now maybe soon hopefully.
At posting not alone with worries on drifting I'm Serious.
Report workrider July 14, 2018 11:09 AM BST
Going to Navan Pa, fancy a few shorties , Rita and Sakura for a Lyons opening double. Taking a chance on Fire Opal , and finally Ming who impressed me the other day at Gowran...
Report workrider July 14, 2018 11:24 AM BST
Cancel that Rita bet, 4/9 way to short for me, I never bet those sort of odds...
Report workrider July 14, 2018 1:47 PM BST
Decided to stay home...
Report workrider July 14, 2018 3:14 PM BST
Well done Pa, top tipping , hope you cleaned up...
Report pa lapsy July 14, 2018 3:25 PM BST
Thanks WR, nice to get one like that in a poor enough punting spell.

WD with Sakura,she did it well enough,Rita a bit unlucky to bump into a good one i think though hung.
Report stewarts rise July 15, 2018 10:43 AM BST
Well done with Gopsies pa, didn't expect this thread to carry on so haven't looked in but great early priced winner.
Whilst you're following Hogan would have thought Atlas might just be strong enough to hold off Tony the Gent and Katiymann at Killarney today! Hopefully might go off at an EW price as doesn't appear to be many with serious chances.
Report pa lapsy July 15, 2018 12:25 PM BST
Thank Stewart.for what it is worth my tuppence on that race.

Agree re serious contenders not a lot there in current form,Katiymann looks a little high in the weights imo, maybe the same with Beach Bar though has won off this mark( another ex UK and introduced Serabrina(she really looked a work in progress) yesterday so seems his(R.O'Briens) modus operandi.Georgian Bay another ex UK and made a very decent debut for Ado,hard i thought to evaluate that one.
Agree with your synopsis,Atlas looks EW play,very little to choose when they met,Atlas appeared to be cantering but Tony The Gent was pulling away at the death,2lb difference and maybe if Ger Lyons blog comes true in that Tony the Gent is ridden handy from his draw,Atlas will be hopefully be held up and come through late.

Followed you small ew Stewart,i think your right in that Atlas shouldn't be twice the price of TTG(9/2- 9/4),best of luck.
Report pa lapsy July 15, 2018 3:09 PM BST
Odd race,finished well after being widest but a bit disappointing overall, our bud Richard O'Brien does it again who i didn't think was good enough beforehand, had a job pulling it up as well.
Report pa lapsy July 20, 2018 8:57 PM BST
Out again tomorrow at around the 20/1 mark,up in class,down in trip,dropped 4lb in future,other than price not much on the plus side,still and a big if,a fast pace and i think could run quite well and may sneak a place, positive it is given a chance in a premier handicap and if it doesn't work out maybe will be aimed at a more realistic target.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now