Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kelly
10 May 18 00:59
| Topic/replies: 7,027 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
Betting one fifth the odds first 10 in their each way odds for the TPC on the net .  The odds offered reflect the increased value for the extra  places which is fair enough even if nowhere near the market leaders , who generally are betting with 6 places  .

However if you go into one of their offices  like I did today , they are only betting 7 places instead of 10 , at the same odds as those offered on the internet market .  Why the difference ?   Is it catch as catch can for the high street punter ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View PP variations-- TPC at Sawgrass
Show More
Report monarch May 10, 2018 4:41 PM BST
They just don't want anyone in the shops. Majority of bookmaker specials are online/mobile now. They want everyone to sign up to get them onto the slots and blackjack. Or am i being to cynical...
Report Kelly May 11, 2018 12:17 AM BST
Up here they do want the punters in the shops-- to play the FOBT's .

I was in 3 bookies today , first one had 2 punters in it , second one had 4 punters , and third one had 1 punter( female ) - playing the slots .

Decent racing today , TPC also , and usual soccer interest . Business looked dead though .

Would not envy the marketing managers their job.
Report kavvie May 11, 2018 4:52 PM BST
they do that regularly.then a lot of people are restricted heavily online so they cant get on!!
Report peckerdunne May 12, 2018 10:47 AM BST
PROFILING
Report Kelly May 14, 2018 1:14 AM BST
Bookies must have cleaned up on the TPC .  You wouldn't have taken a free bet pre tournament on 7 of the top 10 , only 3 you MIGHT have backed were Shauffele , Day or Fleetwood .  Simpson , 5 years since last win , Schwartzel average play regularly , Walker suffering from illness for years , Dufner (?), Bradley out with the washing every tournament , Varner (???) , Lee (???) .

Good to see Tiger back with a bang , it was relatively simple to back winners up to 2008 .  World no 1's come and go now like gossamers in the wind , anyone remember Donald and Westwood ?  Not long ago .
Report workrider May 14, 2018 5:38 PM BST
I have to say having wrote Woods off I now have to take my hat off to him,he showed some glimpses of his old form and worked his way up the table with some lovely golf this week..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now