Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paddyirishman
29 Mar 18 16:15
| Topic/replies: 136 | Blogger: paddyirishman's blog
Just wondering now that they got off who pays there legal fees? Presume it must be millions
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Paddy Jackson case (who pays costs)
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 29, 2018 4:54 PM BST
An absolute joke with the feminazi now marching through city centres to protest the result of the trial. Seriously wtf, they where found not guilty unanimously by the jury and these total fckwits who have read a few snippets on twatter decide they're guilty?

Now like very single other person on this planet (bar those who where involved) I do not know whether they raped that girl or not but on what I've read / heard there was no way you could say beyond reasonable doubt they committed the crime so the jury came to the only possible conclusion (imo).

These fkin feminazi clowns clearly want men locked up without a trial if a women accuses them of rape, that's not how it happens. The ironic part is in this case one of the most important testimonies came from another woman who walked in on the them in the bedroom and she testified she saw no signs at all of a rape. The feminazi would rather allude to the fact that 8 men where on the jury so use that as the reason they got off forgetting that the women on the jury also found them not guilty.

It's also disgraceful that the accused men's names where let out before and during the case yet the woman's identity is protected, now they've been found not guilty the woman's identity is still protected? Yet the men who have been found guilty of no charges are left with their lives and careers in tatters, well that's fair ain't it?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 29, 2018 4:55 PM BST
Oh and I've no idea as the answer to your question paddy Laugh
Report mrcombustible March 29, 2018 9:04 PM BST
I can tell you about the costs system in England, I am not sure if it is the same in Northern Ireland.

This only concerns costs in criminal cases.

If you have been granted Legal Aid costs don't matter as they are paid by the state win or lose.

If you are paying privately  and you won (up until about 10 years ago) your costs would have been paid out of central funds provided they were reasonable. They would go for assessment and typically you would recover 80% or so. (K Fallon recovered his Old Bailey costs as he won, case kicked out at half time)

The Government changed all that and now if you win you recover nothing unless you have applied for Legal Aid and been refused then you can recover costs at Legal Aid rates which are about £50 per hour. You would be paying privatelt at about 300 to 350 per hour so you only recover about 14 to 16% of your outlay.
Note if you have not applied for Legal Aid you get nothing.
There is a risk in applying for legal aid because it may be granted and if it is you will only get 2nd rate lawyers representing you as the good ones no longer take on legal aid work.
Report jimeen March 30, 2018 10:01 AM BST
I agree with premier fantasy 100%, she should be outed . The public have a right to know who she is, and the four men found innocent have every right to have her named publicly. She comes up with some bogus complaint , tarnishes 4 guys for life, and skips away from the court even though the jury said unequivocally that she was a liar.
Report workrider March 30, 2018 11:36 AM BST
I find myself agreeing with the lads on this. Rape is a terrible crime and should be punished as such, in this case though it has been unproven, and these men will have to live with the fact that there will always be a doubt in some peoples minds. The Woman has been totally protected, and the lads sacrificed on the alter...
Report olddesperado March 30, 2018 12:16 PM BST
Maybe if they weren't behaving like a pack of animals non of this would have happened.
I mean whats wrong with these guys that want to get in line with an easy target.

Who wants to be second or see someone cover her face ?

Consent or not they are animals imo.
Report peckerdunne March 30, 2018 12:17 PM BST
Ah bless the poor spit roasting lads!
Report olddesperado March 30, 2018 12:19 PM BST
Wasn't there a case in England where that footballer went down on a passed out girl that both his mates had done the business on ?.

Animals.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 30, 2018 12:34 PM BST
I've no doubt they likely acted like a bunch of animals olddesperado and their whatsapp messages suggest they did.

However they've been found not guilty of rape by a jury and the reaction in cities across Ireland and the UK has been quite frankly stupid, there seems to all of a sudden be loads of legal geniuses who know more about what happened than those on the jury who sat through 6 weeks of evidence. They've seen all the evidence presented (we have not or the clown marching around our cities) and unanimously acquitted them.
Report olddesperado March 30, 2018 12:40 PM BST
Yep, agree with that,  total madness.

Heard one expert on the radio yesterday who suggested the womans word should always be believed in rape andacases abuse cases as why would she lie.

You couldnt make it up tbh.
Report olddesperado March 30, 2018 12:41 PM BST
Rape and abuse cases.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 30, 2018 5:48 PM BST
LEGAL AID
http://www.irishnews.com/news/2018/03/30/news/rugby-rape-trial-paddy-jackson-can-make-bid-to-recover-defence-costs-1292130/
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 30, 2018 5:57 PM BST
Where the law in Ireland differs dramatically, to Northern Ireland’s legal system, is that here the alleged victim and the accused are both entitled to anonymity.
If convicted the defendant can be named unless naming them would identify the victim. If found not guilty they retain the right to anonymity.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now