Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
irishone
23 Mar 18 20:10
| Topic/replies: 39,690 | Blogger: irishone's blog
apparently one of our better players at the euros
well feck me
runs around hitting people in midfield
like a bull in a china shop
including his own players
Share |
Show More
Report neill d March 23, 2018 9:22 PM GMT
As a 100% realist and big fan of the Irish team. They should get after Ireland, Liam Kelly and Grealish again. Its a question of gears not guts. Ireland has plenty left too from what I've seen of him. Brilliant talent actually, really.

Pity George O'callaghan isn't around now.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 23, 2018 9:37 PM GMT
we could have Zidane in midfield and Messi and Maradona up front and that fkin bellend of a manager would still have them bypassing midfield with hoofs from back to front

been watching Waterford v Sham Rovers this evening and while the quality is hardly top notch it's been way more entertaining than any Ireland game with that bore O' Neill in charge
Report neill d March 23, 2018 9:49 PM GMT
True, the way we play is so reductive; its football from a bygone era as jose is showing in Manchester. I don't knwo why we are paying him and Keane 2 million per year. O'Neill is acknowledged everywhere as yesterday's man while Keane is thought of as a figure head who can't coach, fulfilling the same role as O'Neill.

Didn't see the game tonight, but heard we played 3-4-3, number 1, that formation takes a lot of work for the players to know what to do. Numer 2, none of our centre backs have the pace to cover the wider channels in that formation. No.3, I'd say neither the manager or the assistant coach have the faintest idea how to coach it in the limited time they have available.

I don't know why we didn't go and get the gut who managed Iceland to beat England, and double his salary at 500k p/a.
Report neill d March 23, 2018 9:51 PM GMT
Are we ever gonna go 3-4-3 in a qualifier? Are we fck, a waste of time, learned nothing.
Report irishone March 24, 2018 2:41 AM GMT
cant go 3 4 3 gotta be 4 3 3 as per ruud doktor
Report peckerdunne March 25, 2018 12:50 PM BST
The point of 3 centre halves is to encourage one to pass out as a spare man with the other two as markers, rotating those duties as required.

It means you will have players close to you on either side side or ahead of you, making triangles and short passing easier and there fore ball retention also.

It also helps when using a lot of squad players with the intention of making plenty of substitutions.Not for gaining an outcome but because some of these players will be out of position.A full back, a winger etc and you can utilize or assess as you go each player.

Personally i believe confidence is everything and we will never have it without the ball.

This rubbish about players not being good enough is just pure guff.
They are pro footballers.

I don't think there is many Kilkenny hurlers who can not solo.

The management define everything.I don't know what the purpose is with these.It sounds very negative and it looks and is negative.

How can Roy Keane be associated with this dribble.
Report RoyalAcademy March 26, 2018 10:41 AM BST
You'll probably have seen that Ireland's rugby wins (top notch) have started a snowball rolling about rugger now being the "people's game" - claptrap from an RTE pundit and the sindo. In the Neil Francis trip he even managed to mention Blackrock, Belvedere and Glenstal colleges without a hint of irony.

Whatever about the battle for the hearts and minds between GAA and soccer there's little doubt that the O'Neill/Keane team are doing their best to ruin support here. It's so bad in so many ways, complete anti-football. My guess is that whereas we know what O'Neill represents, Keane must be the ultimate bluffer. Truly, Ireland has a lot to be thankful for in Denis O'Brien and John Delaney.

In many ways, the redevelopment of the Curragh and its disdain for Joe-Pub mirrors the FAI and its relentless focus on money such is the mess they have created.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now