Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sweet pea
04 Jan 18 20:57
| Topic/replies: 28 | Blogger: sweet pea's blog
Any word where this beast runs next?

Pulled out of the King George an Leop at xmas.

Cheers.
Share |
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 5, 2018 2:00 PM GMT
From the Cheltenham Forum fyi

Any word on this fellow?
He was due to run in the Kng George, then swerved it to run at leopardstown but didn't run in the end.
Think he's a great price at 40 for the Gold cup, as an improving 6 yr old.
Any thoughts?

The Dragon • January 4, 2018 9:45 PM GMT
where is the 40. I backed it some time ago ew at 25/1 and was pleased with that
sorry just seen 46 on bf!!!! something must be up to offfer that price

FOYLESWAR • January 4, 2018 10:35 PM GMT
disko is shorter in the ryanaire betting but gigginstown dont mind going mob handed in races so anyones guess as to which race he goes in 50/50 iwould say gold cup ryanaire although the odds might not reflect that at the moment

Ramruma • January 5, 2018 8:40 AM GMT
Think he's a great price at 40 for the Gold cup, as an improving 6 yr old.
Seven-year-old.
I won't be rushing in, for lots of little reasons rather than one big one.
Ducking both races at Christmas worries me, especially as he has had a bad back in the past. Meade's comments about missing the King George because it was too hot a race make me wonder how he hopes to win a Gold Cup without meeting top class opposition. Disko might go for the Ryanair and the market and the way he has been campaigned both point to the shorter race. Stablemate Road to Respect booked his Gold Cup ticket in the not-Lexus (where Gigginstown had the first three home).

wellchief • January 5, 2018 9:33 AM GMT
I think he'll end up in the Ryanair too. With a more positive ride than the JLT and a good prep run in February, I think he'd have a huge chance.
The Lexus shows Giggi have an army of 3m chasers (4 of the top 5 in that race) and nothing really for the Ryanair, so it seems likely he'll be kept that, considering his one run this year was over 2.5m too.

FOYLESWAR • January 5, 2018 1:43 PM GMT
didnt realise disko has had back problems in the past ! huge negative in my own exp back strains etc. can resurface any time and anything physical could set the back out again, even once simple tasks like bending down to pick something off the floor requires thought, was talking about more of that jonjos world hurdle winner who has back problems to a poster on here who works with horses and he said its exactly the same for horses!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now