Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jimeen
18 Dec 17 18:37
| Topic/replies: 1,705 | Blogger: jimeen's blog
These firms come in for a fair bit of abuse from time to time, but when I hear a story about the  extraordinary level of decency and compassion that they show occasionally, it’s only fair that these deeds are given the recognition that they so deserve.
My pal had his Christmas money , €600  on some reign in one of their shops, this afternoon. Well obviously disaster struck , and the horse refused to race. But all was not lost , far from it in fact, and you can imagine the huge relief when spoils announced that they were refunding all singles .
My pal was so happy , and he hugged all the staff , he was so happy . There were tears in his eyes , tears of unbridled joy.
He may have no money for Christmas but the € 25 free bet that spoils so kindly gave him , has saved the day . He was so happy and so relieved that he didn’t do the horse in a double as this wonderful concession didn’t extend to singles.
Take a bow , spoils , not every hero wears a cape.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Spoils have saved my best pals...
Show More
Report neill d December 18, 2017 9:10 PM GMT
Sad thing is that some poor ****'s Christmas has been ruined in exactly this fashion. Unscrupulous shower of bast@rds. If there was any bit of bad luck going I'd hope they get it rather than someone else.
Report jimeen December 19, 2017 8:42 AM GMT
It’s the fact that the “ concession “ doesn’t apply to doubles I particularly like, and you only get a free bet, they don’t even give the money back . So basically , for this to be any benefit to anybody , you would have had to have had a pony or less on a 4/11 chance in a single , and then  you have to back a winner with your free bet afterwards.
Report frank60 December 19, 2017 12:54 PM GMT
I backed Sonic in the same race [a each way bet to nothing] when the money on shot was left at the starting post i was happy only for Sonic to fall at 2nd last when 8L clear, Cry
Report dj876 December 19, 2017 8:11 PM GMT
Old Man Borneo would be on to you there about these "concessions" not being for real punters Jimeen but it must drive people who don't know the score mental. I believe the double result doesn't have a limit. Poor MOL is down a paper €100 million in 4 days. I was in Cork city recently, couldn't get over the lack of shops,I know the council keeps them off the main streets and it's a dying game etc but still was a bit surprised. A good weekend for the Flynns with Colreevy and Next Destination. The filly looks like going for that big prize bumper at the new Leopardstown meeting, beat nothing the other day-her point run was probably a better run with looking likely to beat Posh Trish.
Report peckerdunne December 19, 2017 9:24 PM GMT
I backed the outsider of 3 today and the other two came down independently at the same fence.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now