Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cloone river
21 Nov 17 22:38
| Topic/replies: 283 | Blogger: cloone river's blog
Interesting times ahead for race day stewards.Judging by the latest press releases on the turf club website.There doesn’t have to be physical contact for interference to be caused and what had occurred was intimidation.They is a line from the  Larchmont Lad appeal.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View May you live in interesting times.
Show More
Report workrider November 22, 2017 11:08 AM GMT
I see  Alan Delaney was cautioned for not having his horse in the parade ring on time on Sun, how many times have they cautioned Willie for the same thing I wonder! its everyday with him it seems.
Report peckerdunne November 22, 2017 2:53 PM GMT
Contact was never an issue so i don't understand the OP.

Taking my ground Governor.
Report cloone river November 22, 2017 3:46 PM GMT
When farmer brown ran in a flat maiden at leopardstown and was as good as put over the rails i say his ground may have been taking.But in good old Ireland more often then not it comes down to the connections of the horse.To say the connections of Larchmont Lad were hard done by is a understatement.Both horses drifted away from the winning post.
Report pa lapsy November 22, 2017 4:22 PM GMT
I thought it was a terrible decision, there was a fair debate on the main forum on it.

I don't deny Churchtown glen was given an easy on Sunday but thought for a maiden the punishment was way over the top.
Report punchestown November 22, 2017 8:49 PM GMT
When farmer brown ran in a flat maiden at leopardstown and was as good as put over the rails i say his ground may have been taking.But in good old Ireland more often then not it comes down to the connections of the horse.To say the connections of Larchmont Lad were hard done by is a understatement.Both horses drifted away from the winning post.
----------------------------------------

Up there with the Rhinestone Cowboy Bumper at Cheltenham,IIRC the Leopardstown "Winner" was DKW for K Abdullah..enough said.
Report jimeen November 22, 2017 9:32 PM GMT
The Leopardstown case was a pretty unique one all the same, it was the only stewards enquiry  in my lifetime that I can remember where the connections of the second were more anxious for no alteration than the connections of the winner.
Report peckerdunne November 23, 2017 4:05 PM GMT
Whats going on! Yet another post stripped.

It would have appeared just after PA's last post.

It can't have been deemed anything at all.I am mystified as it only described what i saw in the closing stages of the Larchmont lad race.

So to clarify again, my previous point was that contact was never an issue in any case with regard stewards or ground taken or horse wandering or shying etc..ie contact was never required so still don't see how this changes anything as suggested in opening post.

This is all i had and was referring to, however my view is that the decision was a shocker as the jockey had given a few right handers, had yanked with the left hand to straighten and more to thre point was the head carriage of the animal showing a desire to hang right.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now