Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
28 Jun 17 12:08
| Topic/replies: 27,519 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Seems as if the snipers and so called Intelligentsia have had their way,nobody bothers anymore for fear of been ridiculed by same. A once must go to forum has died the death,those contributors who brought strong opinions were vanquished by the above, or so it seems.The snipes have nothing to offer only abuse,good men who enjoyed banter among themselves driven off.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View .........Forum.....
Show More
Report workrider June 28, 2017 12:57 PM BST
Okay here we go,today at Naas I fancy Butterflies, her maiden win with Winter behind also E.Browning well beaten reads really well,the application of first time blinkers is also a big plus and should help with the drop in trip.
Report punchestown June 28, 2017 1:31 PM BST
Can't wait to see the Bolger runner goes in the finale- by Frankel out of Alexander Goldrun (Just going to watch this one),that rain is still falling and we might see a further ease in going.
Report jimeen June 28, 2017 1:56 PM BST
Good men have been driven off, yes you are spot on about that. It has nothing to do with the examples you give though. People stop posting for quite a number of reasons, they die off, they lose interest in the game , they are too busy , are warned off, and in many cases they go broke. But the single biggest reason why people stop posting is because a handful of mindless individuals clogged up almost every thread with inane rubbish , that was so sickening, that they eventually packed up even reading it.
Everyone that has read this forum will know exactly who I'm referring to, and even though the forum is not everyone's cup of tea, there have been some very informative posters on here over the years, but almost all never bother now, and it's a great shame.
Report workrider June 28, 2017 2:17 PM BST
Most of the good posters got BANNED, those who were snipers out to shoot every opinion that differed from theirs,those who only wanted to sound intelligent without substance,those who had a agenda etc,of course there was plenty of shyte as well,I hold my hands up on that,but the reality for some was the destruction of the Irish forum and as I say it looks as if they've succeeded.
Report thegalwayman June 28, 2017 2:21 PM BST
You only have yourself to blame workrider, given that you are the single biggest blight in the history of this forum, which is a hell of an achievement.
Report workrider June 28, 2017 2:25 PM BST
Exactly on time eh Galway, you and your many usernames ruined the forum before it even got on its feet.
Report tony57 June 28, 2017 5:35 PM BST
backed conversly 6.50 didnt get the bigger prices though..15/8 only 2l behind one of obrians lto at gowran if it runs to that should be there abouts think the fav is too short..but understand why market has gone with it..
best of luck wr..dont be botherd about the forum, if it makes a come back great if not well the idiots will be happy..
Report huddys June 28, 2017 7:13 PM BST
Always enjoyed the forum, especially the weekly golf threads,but as already pointed out a lot of the decent posters have been banned or driven away from the forum by some moron's,
Report Vubiant June 28, 2017 11:50 PM BST
This forum is deceased , defunct ,dodoesque, decrepit ,demolished, departed , dead as doornails.
All that's left is a hollow husk ,a  spent cartridge , an empty shell. .
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi. Sad
Report workrider June 29, 2017 7:32 AM BST
The Eagle, and rising from the ashes is still possible.
Report by purpose June 29, 2017 11:55 AM BST
Not many people want to converse with Trevor Dankers...
Report tony57 June 30, 2017 10:14 AM BST
wr..ive said it enough times ignore these people..they have no influence on yours, or my way of betting ..so dont bother..
Report thegalwayman June 30, 2017 1:34 PM BST
Sorry workrider, but it is several years since I was a regular poster on here (Philip Rothwell was in his prime) and multiple usernames were never my thing.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan May 4, 2018 5:51 PM BST
workrider • June 28, 2017 2:17 PM BST
Most of the good posters got BANNED, those who were snipers out to shoot every opinion that differed from theirs,those who only wanted to sound intelligent without substance,those who had a agenda etc, of course there was plenty of shyte as well, I hold my hands up on that, but the reality for some was the destruction of the Irish forum and as I say it looks as if they've succeeded.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now