Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
07 Jan 17 17:14
| Topic/replies: 5,410 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Blood Crazed Tiger is a very interesting runner tomorrow,BADS of Meades has been really good to me so far this year, I feel he's not quite ready for the step up just yet,I would have waited a bit longer with this lad.BCT on the other hand looks like a real street fighter and I think he's got a very good e/w chance tomorrow. Death Duty is top class and Agusta has massive potential but I'm willing to take a chance on this lad progressing further and around the 9/1 mark I think hes worth a punt...
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View ....... Naas Tomorrow.......
Show More
Report workrider January 7, 2017 6:13 PM GMT
Had 50e e/w @ 12/1 with Paddies ,which I consider value.
Report tony57 January 7, 2017 6:27 PM GMT
i like mossbank @5/2 in the first wr..loved the heavy when he won his bumper elliots are schooled well..
american tom 1.20 is my idea of the nap..@evens the debut was goodenough, i respect some plan i backed him lto .
big whisper for cosmos moon 3.50 @4/1
Report workrider January 7, 2017 6:41 PM GMT
Not too sure about American Tom Tony,jury's still out on him as far as I'm concerned .
Report monarch January 7, 2017 6:48 PM GMT
Anybody have any info on the trainer of turbojet in the 1st. Ms Richert. Just out of curiosity.
Report workrider January 7, 2017 6:59 PM GMT
This horse used to be with Dreaper, ran a few times for him,I think she could be a friend of the owners .
Report monarch January 7, 2017 7:21 PM GMT
Pretty good card tomorrow imo. See few early quid around for robbie mc's in the bumper. Like the look of All the Chimneys in the 2.50. If i can get around 6s will have a play ew. GL all.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 7, 2017 11:24 PM GMT
Has Mossbank come out of retirement tony?Grin
Must be related given the name?
The bumper looks a real minefield, so many interesting ones including a rare bumper runner for tommy stack with Katie Walsh booked.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 7, 2017 11:55 PM GMT
The Moss Bank I remember was owned by one of Irelands biggest ever gamblers.
He was owned by Tommy OBrien also known as the Coalminer.

He won the Queen Alexandra Stakes at Royal Ascot in the early sixties.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 8, 2017 12:09 AM GMT
The one I remember wildman was once touted as a gold cup horse by Michael Hourigan but his career was blighted by injury,
Another Giggy horse.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 8, 2017 12:12 AM GMT
I think I will really get the timers going with this one.

Does anyone remember a radio programme called Your Choice Or Mine.
It was compered by Tommy OBrien from Clonmel,Tommy OBrien was famous for his love of music.

Also residing in Clonmel was the gambler Tommy OBrien,he owned the mines in Ballingarry and was known as The Coalminer.

A gentleman arrived in Clonmel inquiring for Tommy OBrien.
He got this lovely reply.

Is it Tommy Coal or Tommy Ceol you want.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 8, 2017 12:14 AM GMT
I remember that lad as well,I knew mine was too far back for you.

I also remember at the time objecting to them nicking what was to me the name of a fairly important horse.
Report CustomCut January 8, 2017 12:15 AM GMT
1.50 Turcagua 12/1. Impressive last time and the form of his previous third looks good too. Death Duty tough to beat but I'd be confident Turcagua can beat the rest and go close.
2.20 Kick On Boss 25/1. Many signs he'd need the run last time (weak in betting, well in rear, raced very wide) having been off a year and I thought he still showed a little. Worth a bet at a big price.
3.20 Elusive Ivy 7/1. Slowmotion has to prove he can jump fences, Joseph O'Brien's horses all seem to take forever to learn to jump both hurdles and fences, and Elusive Ivy look the classiest and most solid in opposition.

It's a shame Elliott has said Mossback will need the run in the 12.50 as I think he'd be a good thing if fit.
Report frank60 January 8, 2017 1:23 AM GMT
I remember Tommy Ceol well Wildman, he had a wonderful collection of old records, my mother loved his programme.
Report norn iron January 8, 2017 11:13 AM GMT
deja vu

walt nap 240 fontwell
bear rails 210 font
kracatoa king 230 chepstow
affaire dhonnuer130 chepstow

win yankee

few big outsiders i had few £ each way last night

mountain of mourne 33/1 chep 4pm
kick on boss 25/1 naas 220
a hardy nailer 16/1 naas 320 (blazing west 80/1 should have hanbrake OFF soon )in same race
lough derg mystery 40/1 fontwell340

good luck punters off get bargain in sale  and  any the above pay for it happy 2017 and hope all jockies and horses come back SAFE
Report norn iron January 8, 2017 11:21 AM GMT
STAND UP AND FIGHT 18/1 GOOD CHANCE THINK BE LOT CLOSER TO DEATH DUTY TODAY AS WAS HAMPERED WHEN GETTING INTO THETHICK OF IT 2 OUT
Report insideinfo January 8, 2017 11:48 AM GMT
had a few quid e/w debuchet 8/1 in bumper.
Report allways collects January 8, 2017 12:27 PM GMT
large prices matched on jp's reserve in the 1st hmmm
Report frank60 January 8, 2017 1:02 PM GMT
Blood Crazed Tiger to be 2nd to Death Duty in the F/C might be the way to go Workrider, Death Duty looks the real deal.
Report Bigwillystyle January 8, 2017 1:08 PM GMT
Have layed Death Duty. Doubt Invitation only ran his race last time. This fella reminds me of Tycoon Prince and hopefully the bubble will be burst today.
Report ColdTurkey January 8, 2017 1:25 PM GMT
https://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/horseracing-tips/sunday-irish-racin...
Tony Keenan one fire today
on fire
Report tony57 January 8, 2017 1:28 PM GMT
disappointed with mossbank,..got out of tom when it went a stupid price as i was on @evens..so cost me nothing..but the horse was beat before it fell...only got the bumper bet and poppy key at chepstow..
Report tony57 January 8, 2017 1:29 PM GMT
i agree bws about the mullins horse not running its race..its a no bet race for me ,but understand your point !
Report tony57 January 8, 2017 2:02 PM GMT
think kate would of won there...just my opinion..
Report allways collects January 8, 2017 2:05 PM GMT
agreed
Report monarch January 8, 2017 2:08 PM GMT
Also agree lads.
Report monarch January 8, 2017 2:09 PM GMT
But not blaming ruby (as is normally the case)
Report tony57 January 8, 2017 3:10 PM GMT
its seems the whisper for cosmos moon is all wrong ..drift now as if it has 3 legs..
Report by purpose January 8, 2017 3:20 PM GMT
You should try trading out of the bumper so.
Report tony57 January 8, 2017 3:41 PM GMT
american tom found to have a lung infection post race...
Report tony57 January 8, 2017 3:43 PM GMT
no its only small, were tom was a fair bet...i,ll let it ride..
Report monarch January 8, 2017 3:46 PM GMT
Money coming back for cosmos now...
Report tony57 January 8, 2017 3:56 PM GMT
have to say that maguire gave that far too much to do..would not of won..but was not given a chance too..
Report tony57 January 8, 2017 3:58 PM GMT
monarch..robbie mac talked up the horse just before the race suppose thats why a little came back for it..but never going to get close im sorry to say..
Report monarch January 8, 2017 3:59 PM GMT
Yeah strange ride but agreed it wouldnt have won. Nice few shekels gone awry on josephs.
Report punchestown January 8, 2017 4:15 PM GMT
Big fan of young Maguire but that was to put it kindly in the finale-a lazy ride.
Report dj876 January 8, 2017 4:26 PM GMT
The market and the ride didn't suggest there was a big whisper for it.

Perhaps a case of ramping or was it first hand information from the Robbie Mac stable?
Report workrider January 8, 2017 4:40 PM GMT
I thought BCT got a poor ride, should have taken on the Mullins front runner far earlier instead of letting it make it.BCT has won over 3ml and was running on strongly up the straight and would have caught the 2nd in another few strides . Not often young Mullins rides a bad race but this was one, with stamina his forte he allowed Turgagua a very cushy lead and paid the penalty, I would expect BCT to turn the tables next time . A massive crowd there today and well done to Naas.  Tony agree re the ride by Maguire ,I think he was watching the fav and forgot about those in front .
Report roadrunner46 January 8, 2017 4:47 PM GMT
no one liked SOME PLAN today, that 4th to chtibello looks like smart form to me, see the fav had done xxxxallCrazy. was only 3/4 length behind
clondaw warrior who placed 2nd grade 1 level next time out. races like this makes me wish i took an interest in the jumps some times.
Report one last chance January 8, 2017 6:02 PM GMT
Ruby said he wud have won hard to say imo DD still galloped to the line
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:54 AM GMT
WAITING FOR NAAS wr

Your Choice Or Mine
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now