Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
norn iron
06 Jan 17 23:24
| Topic/replies: 12,262 | Blogger: norn iron's blog
BIT STUDY TONIGHT AND UP EARLY FOR THE MELBOURNE T20 CLASH

RACE THE DAY FOR ME IS DBEGINNERS CHASE  WITH BLAZER  JETT GEN PRINICIPIL AND SQUATUER  SURE BE CRACKING  BIT schooling   WITH CHELT NOT FAR AWAY

JP AND BARRY G CAN CLEAN UP 

IM SURE TONY FANCIES BRIERY Q  ?

R JOHSTON YANKEE MIGHT GET FEW £
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View SANDOWN TO CORK ANY FANCIES ?
Show More
Report TellTheKing January 7, 2017 12:04 AM GMT
Letthegoodtimesroll is interesting in the newcastle bumper. Was very strongly supported to make a winning debut for the yard but ran off the track and has been out since with a knee injury. The fav won a relatively decent bumper the last day but horses typically find it tough a defy penalties in British bumpers. If Ellison’s is strong in the market I would follow this horse in.

It was hard not be to impressed with Finian’s Oscar in Hereford and he is clearly a horse with a massive future. However, he is being priced on the assumption that he has the requisite pace / ability for the Tolworth. The market is taking a huge amount on trust and, on a pure form basis, he has to be a lay @ c.7/4.

Veinard is yet another advertisment for Gordon Elliot’s yard. The make-up of the race is quite favourable and odds against looks a touch big to me.

It shouldn’t stop him tomorrow but hardly a positive sign for Bob Papa that he starts of straight over three miles. Blazer showed plenty last time and this looks his trip. I imagine they are working backwards from the Novice handicap in Cheltenham with him so interesting to see what he does tomorrow.

All in all its not a Saturday bountiful in star quality but there should be a reasonable amount of informative action.
Report neill d January 7, 2017 12:29 AM GMT
I think the thing that is catching on with Finian's Oscar is how well thought off and fancied Fry's mare was at Hereford. Finian's was a weak 11/4 so some might be thinking whats under the bonnet when they turn the screw.

The jockey was saying he made the famously gluey Hereford ground feel nice such was the way he was going through it. You're bang right in form terms TTK but I'm not a great lover of Nicholls novice hurdlers in recent years and Finian's Oscar is just the kind of horse I'd stay with until he is beaten in English novice hurdles pre Cheltenham without a significant Irish runner.

God knows Potts is due another good one. Would've been really clever for him to split his string between DeBromhead and Tizzard, individual attention, top yards and a line on nearly everything; pity.
Report neill d January 7, 2017 12:32 AM GMT
What in the name of Jesus is David Pipe doing with Celestial Path i'd like to know as well.

also, this for me is the Racing quote of the year so far from Nigel Twiston-Davies re Astrocad.

Astracad has won eight races for Nigel Twiston-Davies, including a veterans' chase at Cheltenham in November.

He was last seen filling the runner-up spot in an open handicap at Wetherby and while he has never previously tackled three miles in 48 starts, his trainer does not expect that to be an issue.

Twiston-Davies said: "He's in good form and the drier the ground the better his chance.

"He hasn't run over three miles, but we've never thought he wouldn't get it."

And Twiston isn't a bad trainer at all but jaysus!
Report TellTheKing January 7, 2017 12:42 AM GMT
Neill I was very taken with Finian’s Oscar in hereford but there’s a fair chunk of the price taken up with hype. Not a major fan of Capitaine, especially if the ground gets very testing. It’s a race I could see producing a funny result to be honest.
Report neill d January 7, 2017 12:53 AM GMT
Yeah its a bit anodyne of me to say I was taken with him, sure weren't we all.

I seem to remember Nicholls saying many enough times in the press that he isn't wildly hard on his novice hurdlers and that the novice chase season is what it is all about. He hasn't been producing novice chasers anyway, but that looks to have changed a little bit this year.

I wonder if the fact Capitaine is by Montmartre might mean he is a little racier than your typical Nicholls Tolworth novice hurdler.

My head is kind of being lead by the kind of horse you'd warm to and the kind you wouldn't. Don't think its been a wildly strong year for novice hurdlers, Willie Mullins struggling a little in the AP list. Just looking at Tizzards thinking sh!t, that could go off a single figure price for the neptune.
Report neill d January 7, 2017 1:03 AM GMT
I'm half tempted by Dynaste, you'll probably know your fate after a fence. He didn't disgrace himself at Cheltenham and Aintree last year and maybe they just went a little too easy on him for Kelso after a blunder and a hard race at Wetherby which is beyond his level now.

60k to the winner veterans chase, they must have had their eye on this since Wetherby.
Report neill d January 7, 2017 1:07 AM GMT
Pipes are by no means sentimental, but that horse has done a lot for them during some pretty baron years. I'd like the think they wouldn't have persisted after kelso if they felt there was nothing there.
Report newapproach January 7, 2017 1:52 PM GMT
Riviera sun is my only bet of the day in the 3.40 @ Mallow. Excellent run 2 runs back @ the same track when 2nd to the winner of the big handicap chase @ Limerick over Christmas. 2 and a half miles will suit better today than the 2 mile trip that day also. 7/2 a fair price imo.
Report tony57 January 7, 2017 2:19 PM GMT
im amazed at how short the potts horse is now?..just on value ..
Report norn iron January 7, 2017 2:25 PM GMT
THINK FINIANS OSCAR   ODDS   SILLY PRICE   IN HOT GRADE ONE
Report norn iron January 7, 2017 2:33 PM GMT
WELL DONE TELL THE K /NEIL D  FINIANS OSCAR DEFF LOOKS GOOD JUMPED BIT SLOW
Report norn iron January 7, 2017 2:47 PM GMT
THREATRICAL STAR      3PM    ALSO THREW FEW£ AT BOTH BIG PRICES   AACHEN /BENNYS MIST AS BOTH SHOULD LIKE GROUND
Report norn iron January 7, 2017 3:22 PM GMT
FEEL SICK BEEN FOLLOWING UNCLE DANNY (TIPPED IT LAST 4 RUNS) LEE WHO FOOKS MIGHT REMEMBER   

BUT WAS VERY TAKING FROM HIS BUMPER WIN AND THEN 3RD TO FREE EXPRESSION    BUT BEEN schooled  QUITE FEW TIMES TODAY HANDBRAKE RELEASED  AND LOTS DECENT £ MATCHED AT BIG PRICES 

THATS WHAT PUNTERS ARE UP AGAINEST
Report Lee Ho Fooks January 7, 2017 4:44 PM GMT
Uncle Danny 7.18PM 28th Jan 2015 One that Norn likes Cry
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 5, 2018 2:14 PM GMT
*under
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 5, 2018 7:55 PM GMT
pays 4.21 with PP Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 5, 2018 10:32 PM GMT
NAME YOUR WINNERS CLOONE RIVER
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 8:16 AM GMT
?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 8:54 AM GMT
My bets removed again
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:01 AM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • January 5, 2018 7:54 PM GMT
Western Ryder Sandown 14:25 7/4
Squadron Commander Cork 15:40 4/6
Pays 4.59 will Bil or Lad  Devil

Report • Quote • Block User Catch Me ifyoucan • January 5, 2018 7:55 PM GMT
pays 4.21 with PP  Devil

Report • Quote • Block User Catch Me ifyoucan • January 5, 2018 8:27 PM GMT
Add, We Have A Dream Sandown 12:15 2/5
& Hill pays 643 for your ton Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:07 AM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • January 5, 2018 7:54 PM GMT

ALWAYS CHECK ODDSCHECKER Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:08 AM GMT
ALWAYS CHECK ODDSCHECKER  Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:09 AM GMT
We Have A Dream Sandown 12:15 2/5

Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:16 AM GMT
We Have A Dream Sandown 12:15 4/11
Western Ryder Sandown 14:25 2/1
Squadron Commander Cork 15:40 8/11
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:16 AM GMT
Now LADDIES 675 for your ton Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:23 AM GMT
Catch Me ifyoucan • January 5, 2018 10:32 PM GMT

NAME YOUR WINNERS CLOONE RIVER

??? Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:28 AM GMT
BE interesting to see TOWNEND take a dive for POOR PADDY today Devil....presume he's takin over Ruby's duties Whoops (time noted at 9.30am)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:30 AM GMT
cloone river • January 5, 2018 11:32 PM GMT
Good luck tomorrow.whos your fancy for 2.30 cork?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:51 AM GMT
Always an interesting day with WINTERS (4 today) and BYRNE (also 4) in Cork Devil

...but less so with poor Davy upto his Angels Antics in Sandown (on duty for Walters Plant Hire).
Report cloone river January 6, 2018 11:04 AM GMT
midnight jazz 12.45.2.25 kalashnikov.famous milly 1.35.love and peace 3.40
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now