Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CALLING CARD
02 Jan 17 22:16
| Topic/replies: 382 | Blogger: CALLING CARD's blog
Very interesting that this bookmaking firm posted that IRISH RACING IS ROTTEN yesterday shortly after a short priced handicap favourite was beaten
it baffles me how these people who have made fortunes from the ring could post such an inflammatory statement.
the above are one the big players who have boycotted the extra betting areas provided by racecourses ,
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View PAT O HARE FACEBOOK
Show More
Report cloone river January 2, 2017 11:14 PM GMT
Was it after the 1.30 at fairyhouse calling card?
Report CALLING CARD January 2, 2017 11:17 PM GMT
I believe so
Report Bigwillystyle January 2, 2017 11:33 PM GMT
It was so blanant! Worst I have seen on a shortie in quite a while. You can see Ruby taking a pill and dropping it back turning into the straight. Probably got a nice wedge for his trouble.
Report cloone river January 2, 2017 11:51 PM GMT
Didnt even look like ruby was rideing it.Sunday wasnt one of his best days.John Hunt gave it a good mention.
Report neill d January 3, 2017 12:46 AM GMT
Trouble is lads, there's a generation of people come up now betting football accums who will stand for being losers, but they won't and never will take on board the concept of betting on sporting events where there are non-tryers.

Horse racing will be like greyhound racing in 20 years, much sooner if the Sinners get in or the Arab guys get lost. They'll be building housing estates on the Curragh within 50!
Report pa lapsy January 3, 2017 11:00 AM GMT
John Hunt did mention it straight after race,fair play to him.

Madurai, just way too far back.
Riven Light, not as far back but just never looked off,only 2nd run though.

Another couple to add to Top of The RA.

I am glad someone is saying it though a book is surprising.
Report Bigwillystyle January 3, 2017 11:11 AM GMT
Madurai was a 9 or 10F horse running over 2M7F on debut.  Was never going to be involved after pulling like it did early.  No problem with the ride, looking after it for another day.

Riven Night jumped terrible and was never going to win and  he brought him inside to save him having a hard race and came to tackle the third placed horse at the last and still couldnt get by him so again people talking through their pockets there.

As for Top of the Ra, this is far different from the others and only one i would say was blatantly stopped.  Nobody can have any complaints on Riven Light and if you do go have a lie down.
Report workrider January 3, 2017 11:17 AM GMT
I started a thread on main forum after the opening ride he gave the fav Pa, not too sure he was wanted on Shanak either, looks like a drunk between the last two,dodgy alright and him been the spokesperson for Paddy, if he were seen talking to a bookie in H.Kong he'd be banned , Willie talking to a certain big punter most days during racing would have them both banned, but sure look it Ireland and the poor punter keeps getting screwed and not a word is said.
Report pa lapsy January 3, 2017 11:18 AM GMT
Not talking through my pocket with either BWS, 2 very unlike Ruby rides though and two huge drifts beforehand with both.
Accept they are different from TOTR though.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 3, 2017 11:22 AM GMT
Its the drifts on Madurai and Riven Light that are significant.

Both rides are debatable but the fact we all kind of knew beforehand they would be out the back is relevant.

Does Pat OHare still make the book,he was some layer.

Don't quite get why the beneficiary of what was a dodgy ride would be complaining.
Report workrider January 3, 2017 11:25 AM GMT
Riven Light never jumped a hurdle , the rise in grade catching him out , no blame on Ruby imo.
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2017 11:28 AM GMT
Riven Light jumped woeful and was on the backlit from an early stage.

Madurai was as dead as a dodo. He’s probably not much good (starting over 2m7f not a positive sign) but everyone knew he wasn’t winning before the race started. Punters connected to the yard went in heavy on Glenloe.

Ride on Top Of The Ra looked fairly suspect too. One suspects that there’s another source calling the shots with that horse given it runs in the trainers colours despite being a fairly saleable horse.
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2017 11:28 AM GMT
*backfoot
Report wildmanfromborneo January 3, 2017 11:33 AM GMT
The market on Top Of The Ra was also significant but in the opposite way.
There didnt seem to be judicious laying.
For a horse to be dead there is always a layer,in this case he was a very small one as the price collapsed.
Report Bigwillystyle January 3, 2017 11:39 AM GMT
Hard to believe the green and gold dont own him alright.
Report workrider January 3, 2017 11:41 AM GMT
They have many others well covered up BWS.
Report Bigwillystyle January 3, 2017 11:44 AM GMT
I suspect there are a few in Tyners name that are owned.  1 in particular is going to be landing a touch soon enough!!
Report Bigwillystyle January 3, 2017 11:45 AM GMT
Whats Justin Cartys role with the green and gold?Laugh
Report cloone river January 3, 2017 12:07 PM GMT
I say he lays big bets from jp.
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2017 12:08 PM GMT
An educated guess is that he is an exchange facilitator. Or commission agent. Hard to believe there’s a future outright laying him.
Report TellTheKing January 3, 2017 12:13 PM GMT
BWS I am sure they won’t Spare the cash once the handBrake is left off!
Report Bigwillystyle January 3, 2017 12:17 PM GMT
Id pack my bags if i was wrong!Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo January 3, 2017 12:37 PM GMT
You can't back their horses.

Bigwillystyle is good at spotting them but White Arm is a good example we would all be skint before he decides to jig.
Report Bigwillystyle January 3, 2017 12:43 PM GMT
Wildman you know your fate before the race.  I take a chance and back these horses in the morning and will trade out if there is no money/drift for a small loss.  The green and gold seem far more organised in the last 6 months than they ever were before.  Getting some nicer stock aswell.  Pity the markets are gone to ruin!
Report Bigwillystyle January 3, 2017 12:44 PM GMT
White Arm is not straight forward id say.  He is a bit of a hound, although wasnt off a yard last time.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 3, 2017 12:47 PM GMT
If he's a hound 'twas them that made him one.
Report by purpose January 3, 2017 12:52 PM GMT
Just a few points to a certain poster.Gambling is state run in Honk Kong.Its a monopoly.The top trainer talking to the big punter is a funny one especially when the big punter is paying him for the the training of at a
least 6 horses in his yard.Another year and the same muck.
Report mincer11 January 3, 2017 12:52 PM GMT
The most blatant of the whole weekend doesn't even get a mention.
It was actually funny , that is as long as you weren't on it.
Report Bigwillystyle January 3, 2017 12:56 PM GMT
Which one Mincer?
Report by purpose January 3, 2017 12:58 PM GMT
Presume it ran in the Beginners in Fairyhouse behind Balko de Flos.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 3, 2017 1:05 PM GMT
Would be surprised if it was Arbre De Vie as again the market didnt reflect it.
Also Arbre De Vie looks to me a horse with problems,Ruby held on to him,tried to nurse him so I'd say there might be wind issues.
Report workrider January 3, 2017 3:37 PM GMT
By Purpose ,point taken, all I'm saying is the difference between the two codes is vast, in H.K. punters come first.This side of the globe who gives a damn.
Report Arklearkle January 3, 2017 3:39 PM GMT
I was amazed by the ride given to Arbre De Vie. No matter how one looks at it he was way way too far back and it reminded me of BG's famous Limerick ride. Ruby rode four beaten favourites that day which is some achievement considering their prices
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 4, 2017 10:38 PM GMT
Breaking News...

10yo Sole Power is being switched to National Hunt this year - discussions are on-going with the owner & ‘retained’ rider as to what will be his Cheltenham target.
Flat jockey JP Spencer, although having won at the Cheltenham Festival previously, will not keep the ride. It is believed connections are keen to avoid a clash with the Annie Power team (unrelated) who has previous at Cheltenham Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 3, 2018 11:37 PM GMT
TTK 2.30 Cork Sat Wink
Report workrider January 4, 2018 8:02 PM GMT
Surely a bit early for a April fools joke Catch.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 4, 2018 8:06 PM GMT
Guess you don't recognise the handBRAKE horse in the discussion. If you have any SPARE cash then may I suggest a bet on Sat. Devil
Report cloone river January 4, 2018 10:38 PM GMT
Top ofthe ra did ok since new years day.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 5, 2018 1:56 PM GMT
What's your call TTK ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 9:44 AM GMT
since new years day 2017 you mean.

CLOONE,
Did you note that Top Othe Ra only won his bumper in Aug'17 - after his ELEVENTH 11th try in bumpers !!!
Report cloone river January 6, 2018 10:12 AM GMT
Won his bumper in 2013.And he really did try and win new years day 2017?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 10:16 AM GMT
Sorry typo meant '13
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2018 10:21 AM GMT
Agreed - Ru8Y DID NOT TRY - watching Townend today Wink
Report cloone river January 6, 2018 10:22 AM GMT
And he really did try and win new years day 2017?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now